Post-Game Talk: GAME 57 - We Had 'Em All the Way - BRUINS 6 Seattle 5

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
Amazing how some of the big trades have happened when the team is on the west coast.

Feb 23, same day, but 1972. Minutes before the game in Oakland, Boston trades Reggie Leach, Ricky Smith, and Bob Stewart to Oakland for Carol Vadnais and Don O'Donoghue. The players involved hurriedly switched locker rooms. Boston wins 8-6, after going down 1-5 in the first. Another loose game, just like last night.

November 7, 1975, Boston is in Vancouver for a game the next night, and trades Esposito and Vadnais to the Rags for Park, Ratelle, and Joe Zanussi. Vancouver wins 4-2. The only game da Broons lost out of 10 with both Park and Orr in the lineup.

The Laukomotive

Nov 26, 2017
When I lived and worked in South Texas for two years during the Great Recession, I never once heard anyone use the the word “cajones.”

“Huevos” was the word everyone used for ‘nuts.’

I also know it means “eggs.”

That’s almost all the Spanish I picked up down there. You’d think I’d have learned more.
Huevos are eggs. Cajones are nuts

Huevos means literally eggs. As a slang can be used to mean testicles the same way english may use balls or nuts.

Cojones means literally testicles, but it's vulgar.

Reactions: Alicat

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Just don't get tossed.

I just made a nice cup of tea and will read their GDT and the main board.
What a stupid thread on Brad (main board). Sad to see (but not at all surprised) one of the posters from here joining the Brad bashers.

Reactions: Grimey

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
He just makes himself an easy target. We would hate him on every other team. He's a superb person in life though from all accounts which is what really matters I guess.
From some you would think he is a matt cooke.

I love Brad. He is a blast to watch, and you are right....he is a good guy off the ice. He is a leader (big time) on the Bs

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
So are just fun games to watch every once in awhile.

Who's left that the Bruins haven't beat this season?

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Friday, February 24 (Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC)

- Practice, 2 p.m. PT

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to the media following practice

Saturday, February 25 (Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC)

- No morning skate

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery available to the media at approximately 2:40 p.m. PT

- Game vs Vancouver Canucks, 4 p.m. PT (TV: NESN, Radio: 98.5)

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to the media following the game

Sunday, February 26

- Travel to Edmonton

Monday, February 27 (Rogers Place, Edmonton, AB)

- Morning skate, 10:30 a.m. MT

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to the media following morning skate

- Game vs Edmonton Oilers, 6:30 p.m. MT (TV: NESN, Radio: 98.5)

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to the media following the game

- Travel to Calgary

Tuesday, February 28 (Scotiabank Saddledome, Calgary, AB)

- No morning skate

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery available to the media at approximately 5:40 p.m. MT

- Game vs Calgary Flames, 7 p.m. MT (TV: NESN, Radio: 98.5)

Wednesday, March 1

- Travel to Boston

Thursday, March 2 (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA | TD Garden, Boston MA)

- Morning skate, 11 a.m. ET (Warrior Ice Arena)

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to the media following morning skate

- Game vs Buffalo Sabres, 7 p.m. ET (TD Garden, TV: NESN, Radio: 98.5)

Friday, March 3 (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA)

- Practice, 11:30 a.m.

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to the media following practice

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Visiting parents in law in Florida. When the trade news initially broke, people were talking about Clifton going the other way. Was super bummed about that.

Was super confused and then super pumped when I turned on the game and saw Cliffy out there!

Couldn’t turn the game off, but quite a loose affair. Team can win playing pretty much any style which I love.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Marchand get a game for that kerfuffle with Bjorkstrand.

Yeah, I don’t think players with no history get anything, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see one get handed to Marchand.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
:D:D:D

20230224_083036.jpg

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Fabulous game for fans, nightmare for coaches (and goalies)

Unreal tip-in by Debrusk for the winner

Pasta's goal was filthy

Marchand & Bergy stepped up big time

Carlo has found his goal scoring spot, ten feet out to the goalie's left. Led the team in ice time, also.

McAvoy had a rough night defensively. Still got a pair of helpers and was a +1.

Any Taylor Hall sightings yet?

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
I listened to the game in bed with my eyes closed and I'm STILL exhausted today, lol. Imagine how nice it is to live in California and the Bruins are on at 4pm? lol.

Let's also imagine, if you will, that Coyle and Hall find 85% of their game in the playoffs. My god. I can't wait.

Cam14b

Jan 8, 2018

I love Brad. He is a blast to watch, and you are right....he is a good guy off the ice. He is a leader (big time) on the Bs
According to all reports, you could be describing Hathaway, albeit less talented. Marchy did use the old slewfoot takedown but both were battling. I think we will all become Hathaway fans when we are playing the Patty Maroon/Yannick Gordes of the world!!
Go B's!!

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts

I agree, @Ladyfan.

When judging Bruins players - former, current, or potential - I like to use the “Eddie Shore Test.” This is a litmus test I created a couple of years ago (Patent pending) to help my conscience decide whether I should root for a particular player or not. It’s quite simple and anyone can use it. This is strictly for on-ice evaluation. Off-ice incidents are taken on a case-by-case basis.

Eddie Shore was a Bruin in the 1920s and ‘30s and the best player in the NHL for roughly a decade. Four Hart Trophies as league MVP. Only Wayne Gretzky and Gordie Howe had more. He was Boston’s marquee athlete in the era between Babe Ruth and Ted Williams.

Shore came with a little baggage, though. The thing was - on the ice he had absolutely no regard for human life. At all.

As a player, he was the biggest villain in the NHL and as dirty as anyone I’ve ever heard of. The first NHL All Star Game was actually a fundraising benefit for a player Shore had injured! Despite his transgressions - too numerous to list here - he is in the Hockey Hall of Fame; one of the NHL’s “100 Greatest Players,” and his Number 2 is retired by the Bruins.

So… unless the Bruin in question (in this case Brad Marchand) is meaner, nastier, and dirtier than Eddie Shore; I have no problem with him at all.

Brad Marchand is a saint compared to Shore. If Marchand is a little over the edge, so what? He’s 5’9” and paid to win hockey games. Sometimes us little guys (I’m 5’9” myself) have to bend the rules a little to hold our own.

Marchand gon’ do Marchand things. That’s just fine with me.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Survived a bumpy 30-minute flight from Seattle to Vancouver and the Lyft driver recommended this place - saw Meatloaf and all is good.

Getting some nasty stares because I am wearing my 2011 Stanley Cup Champions hat.
😂

It is 22 F here which is unusual for Vancouver that actually has palm trees.

View attachment 655810
View attachment 655811
Welcome bud! Yeah it's a cold one but if you need food or pub recommendations please let me know!

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I agree, @Ladyfan.

When judging Bruins players - former, current, or potential - I like to use the “Eddie Shore Test.” This is a litmus test I created a couple of years ago (Patent pending) to help my conscience decide whether I should root for a particular player or not. It’s quite simple and anyone can use it. This is strictly for on-ice evaluation. Off-ice incidents are taken on a case-by-case basis.

Eddie Shore was a Bruin in the 1920s and ‘30s and the best player in the NHL for roughly a decade. Four Hart Trophies as league MVP. Only Wayne Gretzky and Gordie Howe had more. He was Boston’s marquee athlete in the era between Babe Ruth and Ted Williams.

Shore came with a little baggage, though. The thing was - on the ice he had absolutely no regard for human life. At all.

As a player, he was the biggest villain in the NHL and as dirty as anyone I’ve ever heard of. The first NHL All Star Game was actually a fundraising benefit for a player Shore had injured! Despite his transgressions - too numerous to list here - he is in the Hockey Hall of Fame; one of the NHL’s “100 Greatest Players,” and his Number 2 is retired by the Bruins.

So… unless the Bruin in question (in this case Brad Marchand) is meaner, nastier, and dirtier than Eddie Shore; I have no problem with him at all.

Brad Marchand is a saint compared to Shore. If Marchand is a little over the edge, so what? He’s 5’9” and paid to win hockey games. Sometimes us little guys (I’m 5’9” myself) have to bend the rules a little to hold our own.

Marchand gon’ do Marchand things. That’s just fine with me.

Can't really compare 1920's and 30's hockey to today's game.

The hockey of that era was brutally physical. There were a number of players more vicious than Shore, including Shore's early mentor, Sprague Cleghorn.

Walkenthewalk

Dec 10, 2008
Went to bed after first, looks like the wild pace continued to be the rule for the rest of the game. The Kraken are a pesky bunch!

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
finances kept me from making the trek to Seattle, for those who were there, what`s the barn and atmosphere like? Looks like a fun crowd on TV?

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
According to all reports, you could be describing Hathaway, albeit less talented. Marchy did use the old slewfoot takedown but both were battling. I think we will all become Hathaway fans when we are playing the Patty Maroon/Yannick Gordes of the world!!
Go B's!!
Way less talented.

I hope I come to like him.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Can't really compare 1920's and 30's hockey to today's game.

The hockey of that era was brutally physical. There were a number of players more vicious than Shore, including Shore's early mentor, Sprague Cleghorn.
Sure we can! I just did. And it’s my test, so I can use whatever parameters I like :D

Ah, the immortal Sprague Cleghorn! They don’t make ‘em like him anymore! Another great throwback.

All kidding aside, most people here would be aghast at the Bruins of olde. It really WAS a different time then.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Survived a bumpy 30-minute flight from Seattle to Vancouver and the Lyft driver recommended this place - saw Meatloaf and all is good.

Getting some nasty stares because I am wearing my 2011 Stanley Cup Champions hat.
😂

It is 22 F here which is unusual for Vancouver that actually has palm trees.

La Belle Patate is a great poutine place. 🤤

Reactions: rfournier103

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
finances kept me from making the trek to Seattle, for those who were there, what`s the barn and atmosphere like? Looks like a fun crowd on TV?
It was great. Seattle fans were good to yak to. I only had one guy kept chirping me after the game that the Bruins suck. It was kinda odd

Place was loud..longest lineups to mens washroom I have ever seen though..lol

Reactions: sooshii

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln