Post-Game Talk: GAME 57 - We Had 'Em All the Way - BRUINS 6 Seattle 5

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Leaf fans screaming about Marchand yet it was fine when Frederic was kicked by Bunting.They are terrified to face Boston you can feel it.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Marchand get a game for that kerfuffle with Bjorkstrand.
Yea well Parros can go back reading the paper cause he never did Jack shit when Bunting blatantly kicked Freddy.Not even a small fine.

Last edited:

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
Kinda funny how excited the national broadcasters were when Seattle took a late lead; and how absolutely devastated they sounded when the B's tied and took the lead.

Sorry Eddie O.

Those were national broadcasters? I thought I am listening to the Kraken broadcast when I watched the highlights. They sounded positively depressed on the Bergeron goal for example.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Those were national broadcasters? I thought I am listening to the Kraken broadcast when I watched the highlights. They sounded positively depressed on the Bergeron goal for example.
Edso works for the Kraken now

Reactions: Ivo

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Seattle local news led with XFL highlights :rolleyes:

1677224049249.png

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
What a game... thoughts!

Seattle arena was loud..fans were fun

Bruin fans in rink were getting frustrated with stripes..not sure if broadcast showed it but Marchand had long discussion with ref after the period

Pasta goal was sublime..there was almost a stunned silence after..lol

Fun bars close to rink

Wore my Krejci jersey in honour of 1000 games

Thought we were in tough after going down 5-4...

Fun night! Off to Vancouver!
IMG_20230223_214752649.jpg

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Barnburner. Offense: Yay!! Defense: Boo!! One of those nights where the puck management in our zone was pretty terrible. Turnovers, lack of coverage, just some sloppy play. Fortunately the forwards were on it tonight and the defenders at least chipped in with some scoring contributions of their own.

Seattle will probably feel that they earned at least a point tonight, and I could sympathize with that, ref assistance notwithstanding. Beniers is a star. But this Bruins team is incredibly hard to put away and they just had that final decisive kick after battling all game.

Farewell Smitty. Unfortunately your form fell away but you always honored the jersey and gave your all. That Hall-Krejci-Smith line in 2021 was a lot of fun for a little while. Best of luck with the rest of your career.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Survived a bumpy 30-minute flight from Seattle to Vancouver and the Lyft driver recommended this place - saw Meatloaf and all is good.

Getting some nasty stares because I am wearing my 2011 Stanley Cup Champions hat.
😂

It is 22 F here which is unusual for Vancouver that actually has palm trees.

312182100_643395633960142_1229401098194120959_n.jpg

1677230462644.png

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Woke up at about 1:30 and checked the score, 6-5, wow, high scoring game! I will watch the game later, sounds like an entertaining one since I know the outcome. WTG boys!! Those last minute daggers are always fun.

@Fenway - I hope you wear that hat the entire time you are in Vancouver.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Screenshot 2023-02-24 045843.png

Seattle is going to be an excellent market for the NHL - they should have had a team decades ago but the NBA Sonics blocked any attempt.

The Sonics fled to Oklahoma City when the city and county refused to build a new arena to replace KeyArena. Ironically the Kraken now plays in what was KeyArena after a $1.2 BILLION dollar renovation.

The Kraken owners want an NBA team to become Sonics 2.0 and the locals feel that either New Orleans or Memphis will relocate.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
@Fenway - I hope you wear that hat the entire time you are in Vancouver.
:biglaugh:

Oh, I have my 2011 sweatshirt hoodie as well.

Working Game 7 in Vancouver was the best experience in my professional career. We all knew the B's HAD to score first in that game and then came the pivotal moment. Vancouver is down 2-0 but gets a power play late in the second period and then THIS happened.

That short-handed goal by Bergeron should be considered the greatest goal in Bruins history. No disrespect to Bobby's goal in 1970 but the Bruins had won the Cup 2 weeks earlier when they swept Chicago.

Bergeron's goal made it 3-0 and everybody knew the Cup was coming to Boston.

What is forgotten is how gracious the heartbroken Canucks fans in the arena were to Boston winning. Outside the arena? There would have been a riot if Vancouver had won.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I really give AJ Greer a hard time here, but did you see him on the bench after the 6th goal? It was just a great reaction, from a total team guy who basically just lost his job hours ago. Sucks, especially for a gutless puke like Hathaway (yeah I get he's better, but I can't just flip a switch like most of you)

this has just been an amazing season,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad