GDT: Game 57: Vegas Golden Knights @ Minnesota Wild | 5:00 | We need more Wild... Wild Bill would be nice

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I really hope no trades are made. There isn’t a trade that could help this team. They could trade Cody Eakin for Alex Ovechkin with 100% salary retained and the only thing that would change is that Ovi would start to suck.
Eakin was one of the only guys to show up this game, funny enough.

But doesn't matter how many forwards we have if our dmen can't receive, & handle a pass to save their lives. Schmidt, & Theo, you're better than this!

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I think that's a little strong. This team mediocres.

No, this team does f***ing suck. At least right now it does.

I won't even bother finding it out, but it seems like the Knights have given up 3+ goals for the majority of games in the new year.

I still feel like this all begin when Fleurys dad passed away. I mean the Knights were not that good even before that event happened, but it seemed like they have just gotten worse and worse ever since it happened.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I honestly would sell at the deadline.

Then in the offseason, get some ****ing defense and get a better ****ing backup.

Someone mentioned Lehner. If he was able to live here with his recovery then he would be a great pickup, but I don't know if they do that to Fleury and if 13M tied up in goalies would be good.

If they don't trade anything, we could be better by simply getting more experienced. Starting the season with a more seasoned Hague and Whitecloud would help. Getting an RD to play with Theodore and hoping for a Schmidt bounceback would help.

The forward group would hopefully be improved with Glass improving, possibly Roy and Elvenes/Dugan putting some jump in the lineup.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
No, this team does ****ing suck. At least right now it does.

I won't even bother finding it out, but it seems like the Knights have given up 3+ goals for the majority of games in the new year.

I still feel like this all begin when Fleurys dad passed away. I mean the Knights were not that good even before that event happened, but it seemed like they have just gotten worse and worse ever since it happened.
Fleury never recovered from his death, so unlike before that point where he bailed out the dmen all the time, he can't anymore.

This game the main issue was the dmen, too. Mein godt they can be awful.

Reactions: ChanceVegas

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
I really hope no trades are made. There isn’t a trade that could help this team. They could trade Cody Eakin for Alex Ovechkin with 100% salary retained and the only thing that would change is that Ovi would start to suck.

He could play at his highest level ever and it wouldn’t be enough to overcome the defense and goaltending issues.

Reactions: Knightmare

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Serious question but do the Knights have any future goalie options in the A or are they going to have to fish for free agents?

Free agency definitely. They have Ferguson, Patera and Saville in the system but they are all most likely three seasons away from NHL action. And even then certainly not starters right into the league.

Reactions: Ginormousthumbs

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
Matchups make fights and this was a bad matchup. At least in the Gallant era we could expect them to adjust a bit, but PDBs system was woefully inadequate for teams like the Wild. Yes, VGK played poorly, but if someone with more in-depth knowledge can point out how this was a systemic loss, that would be great....

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I say we just don't have a gdt for the Blues game.

If the Knights are going to act like their is no game to be played, then so should we.

Reactions: IceNeophyte

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad