GDT: Game 57: Vegas Golden Knights @ Minnesota Wild | 5:00 | We need more Wild... Wild Bill would be nice

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I think Roy is a good 3C prospect but I don't think he's ever going to get a fair shake here. At C or RW.

There's too much depth they prefer over him now and that isn't going away next season and then other prospects they'll probably prefer over him after that.

Eakin should sit before Roy. I thought the 4th line was really active & Roy was a very big part of that the past few games.

Obviously there's a logjam upfront that needs to be alleviated with a trade for a defenseman.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Eakin should sit before Roy. I thought the 4th line was really active & Roy was a very big part of that the past few games.

Obviously there's a logjam upfront that needs to be alleviated with a trade for a defenseman.

At this point I'm just like give the 2nd/3rd and Schuldt, throw in Eakin and pick up any of the names we've heard, Martinez, DeMelo, another of that level.

Reactions: VegasKnightlife

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I think Roy is a good 3C prospect but I don't think he's ever going to get a fair shake here. At C or RW.

There's too much depth they prefer over him now and that isn't going away next season and then other prospects they'll probably prefer over him after that.
Yeah, right now Morozov is our golden 3C prospect, who should be 2 years away. And then there's Krebs, but Krebs can go to LW. As far as RW it's a real tough competition: Stone, Smith, Tuch, Elvenes(who can play LW, though), & Dugan are all ahead of him in a depth chart.

Luckily for us, anybody works at C for our 4th line(yes, even Eakin). Roy is the better option, yeah, but you don't want to pigeonhole him to the 4th line, so you have him get top line minutes in the A.

Hopefully we can include Eakin in a dman trade(and Merrill too), but not holding my breath.

Reactions: Vegan Knight

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Yeah, right now Morozov is our golden 3C prospect, who should be 2 years away. And then there's Krebs, but Krebs can go to LW. As far as RW it's a real tough competition: Stone, Smith, Tuch, Elvenes(who can play LW, though), & Dugan are all ahead of him in a depth chart.

Luckily for us, anybody works at C for our 4th line(yes, even Eakin). Roy is the better option, yeah, but you don't want to pigeonhole him to the 4th line, so you have him get top line minutes in the A.

Hopefully we can include Eakin in a dman trade(and Merrill too), but not holding my breath.

Krebs should be at C, if it were up to me but I could definitely see them putting him at LW.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Every single game worries me this year. And that isn't irrational.

Yes but moneypuck has us the most likely Cup winner this season at 10.8%. Lol.

That's about 200% better than the Blues and 150% than the Bolts. It's almost a percentage point higher than the next team.

Last edited:

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
It's too early to worry. It's not April yet.
It is, but unless we get better goaltending, no point in worry about the defense or whomever is on the 3rd or 4th lines, we're not going anywhere.

I do have a potential solution for next year, as Fleury has I believe only one more year at 7 million after this one:

Robin Lehner is a UFA this summer. Gonna cost 6-7 mil for 5-6 years, but if we can dump Eakins salary, and Nosek's as well, plus maybe 2 million increase in the cap, we can get it done. Waive Subban, have Lehner/Fleury split next year. Yes we won't be able to get another RHD, but all our top players (Smith, Marchesssault, Wild Bill, Stone, Patches, Theo, Schmidt) are signed, and we'll have some kid replacements on ELC's to fill in.

If we get the goaltending we're getting now, we're the Flyers and San Jose the last few years (great roster, no chance with a sieve in net".

Reactions: Igright

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
It is, but unless we get better goaltending, no point in worry about the defense or whomever is on the 3rd or 4th lines, we're not going anywhere.

I do have a potential solution for next year, as Fleury has I believe only one more year at 7 million after this one:

Robin Lehner is a UFA this summer. Gonna cost 6-7 mil for 5-6 years, but if we can dump Eakins salary, and Nosek's as well, plus maybe 2 million increase in the cap, we can get it done. Waive Subban, have Lehner/Fleury split next year. Yes we won't be able to get another RHD, but all our top players (Smith, Marchesssault, Wild Bill, Stone, Patches, Theo, Schmidt) are signed, and we'll have some kid replacements on ELC's to fill in.

If we get the goaltending we're getting now, we're the Flyers and San Jose the last few years (great roster, no chance with a sieve in net".

I am not at the point at calling Fleury a sieve. He has saved this teams ass too many times.

I do agree that he is playing like trash right now though. If he doesn't get better, this team is going nowhere.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden

There's also Markström going UFA, would be fantastic snatching him from the Nucks. Lehner would be even better tho.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

Considering Lehner's personal demons, I doubt he would jump at a move to Vegas.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad