GDT: Game # 54 - Cinco de Mayo - Rangers vs Capitals - 7pm - NBCSN

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
All I gotta say is "George Parros, you reap what you sow"
A one game suspension and none of this garbage happens.

As I mentioned previously though I'm a lot less enthusiastic about the stance learning JD and Gorton weren't behind the press release, 1 game would have been a slap on the wrist and everyone would have forgotten about the incident. I'll take the fine and the league being embarrassed.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
And i love morgan barron. The only one of the kids who actually had the balls to drop gloves or get retribution.

to bad the capitals player was a p***y.
That is why we need more guys like him. I'm not gonna get on guys like Kakko or Kravy but they probably don't have the mentality to play that kind of game. Kravy def doesn't have physicality to do it.
I'm still a believer in Miller and hope he can ratchet up the mean factor but who knows. Some people just don't have it even at that size.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
That is why we need more guys like him. I'm not gonna rail on guys like Kakko or Kravy but they probably don't have the mentality to play that kind of game. Kravy def doesn't have physicality to do it.
I'm still a believer in Miller and hope he can ratchet up the mean factor but who knows. Some people just don't have it even at that size.

if miller doesnt learn to play mean than trade his ass. He doesnt have the skills to pirouette around the ice. Be a chara. Look what he does and do it yourself. Use that huge frame and intimidate the shit out of other players.

bunch of f***ing tuna smelling p***ys

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
As stated multiple times...

1) Chytil would only be moved in a package for a proven player...not a Jamie Lundmark question mark.

2) Chytil is hardly a center. This push by some here needs to end. The statistics are very against him to be a center, his play and hockey IQ are as well. He would be better suited for the wing with less responsibility. And we have plenty of those.

1) Nobody is arguing about that, but even in a package, he doesn't have as much value as he would have if we were just a bit more patient.

2) I keep seeing this talk about how he's not a center, never will be a center, doesn't have "vision" or "hockey IQ. Yet...he created the Laf goal today by aggressively going to the net and then making a heads up play. It isn't the first time. I don't see the "he's not a center" argument as being all that valid--maybe this was something you noticed while he was "putting up lesser numbers in juniors." I admit I did not watch his illustrious junior career.

I'm just tired of seeing this fanbase turn on every prospect that isn't newly arrived or an all star before puberty.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
As I mentioned previously though I'm a lot less enthusiastic about the stance learning JD and Gorton weren't behind the press release, 1 game would have been a slap on the wrist and everyone would have forgotten about the incident. I'll take the fine and the league being embarrassed.

I wouldn't take the claim that JD & Gorton were not behind the statement as gospel. Why would Dolan write that statement, and then fire JD & Gorton for creating a pushover team without an enforce, and then turn around and have the gong show we saw tonight? There is no way that kind of of press release was not approved by the GM before it went out. Getting cold feet after it was out is too late and Gorton isn't that stupid.

I think the truth is the opposite. JD & Gorton wanted to take on the league for the DoPS crap, Dolan got sense of something going on and someone whispered stuff in his ear. Dolan interfered with JD & Gorton in their work, they protested and got fired for their trouble. Drury was next in line and promptly installed to cover NYR's ass.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Thats what you want. Drury is here and Quinn didn't get the guillotine. Maybe Dolan asked him what he wanted to do with Quinn and he said he'll address that at a later date. Hence 50/50 for me.

But the Rick Tocchet thing does intrigue me.
Isn't Drury the one who wanted Quinn here in the first place? I don't see him going anywhere. I hope I'm wrong.

TheTimTamSlammerMan

Jul 29, 2011
Long Island
I couldn’t watch the game or really can’t watch any highlights due to shit service. But I’m happy from the headlines so far. Good on the Rangers for standing up and “gooning it up.” Wouldn’t have it any other way.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I sometimes wonder if it wouldn't have been better for the team to win the lotteries in opposite order. We'd have Hughes and Byfield (Or possibly Kakko and Byfield) and we wouldn't have such a ****ing glut on the wings. Losing Buch is gonna suck.
Was thinking that same thing tonight and because I am huge Stutzle fan I think it's close.
Kakko and Hughes right now are two very different players. Kakko is becoming a 200ft guy but right now Hughes is a much bigger threat offensively.
So for me Hughes/Stutzle is very close to Laf/Kakko. I am hoping in the long run our guys have a much more developed all around game.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
I expect Drury to have a proper press conference tomorrow and answer tons of questions. Not very nice to the fans so far.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I feel bad for Brendan Smith for having the be the one to take on Wilson in a fight. Willing as he always is, he’s no match for heavyweights. Sucks that the burden has to fall to him. Kudos though, he’s a tough customer. I wonder if we can bring him back as a 3LD/7D on a cheap deal.
And if they can't bring him back at least promise him a job when he retires. So many don't understand the courage that takes.

Reactions: GbgRanger

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta

Looks like Pavel was simply defending himself to me. Mantha did the 180, and came in with the cross check, Pavel was simply defending himself No? Hahhahahahhaa

They were trying to get Buch to bite all game, and make no mistake - if Buch doesn't give it to Mantha in the chops right then and there, Buch is the one thrown down eating fists.

Good on him.

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
I feel bad for Brendan Smith for having the be the one to take on Wilson in a fight. Willing as he always is, he’s no match for heavyweights. Sucks that the burden has to fall to him. Kudos though, he’s a tough customer. I wonder if we can bring him back as a 3LD/7D on a cheap deal.

I'm 100% with you on this one. I like Smith being in that room.

MillerTime79

Jun 28, 2007
I posted this on the main board but curious what you guys think. I rarely post but can’t believe no one is questioning whether the Buch play was actually a crosscheck.

I’m not savvy enough to post a slo-mo video, but maybe someone else can help out?

I slowed the clip down by using low-speed scrubbing. Just before contact, I see the left glove of Buch off of the stick. His stick is angled away in a direction that would be impossible if it was gripped with both hands. And contact seems to occur with his right glove.

It’s tough to say for sure with the limited angles provided by NBC. But I would have to imagine there would be more damage done to Mantha’s face were it an actual crosscheck. Curious to hear what others think.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I posted this on the main board but curious what you guys think. I rarely post but can’t believe no one is questioning whether the Buch play was actually a crosscheck.

I’m not savvy enough to post a slo-mo video, but maybe someone else can help out?

I slowed the clip down by using low-speed scrubbing. Just before contact, I see the left glove of Buch off of the stick. His stick is angled away in a direction that would be impossible if it was gripped with both hands. And contact seems to occur with his right glove.

It’s tough to say for sure with the limited angles provided by NBC. But I would have to imagine there would be more damage done to Mantha’s face were it an actual crosscheck. Curious to hear what others think.
It was a dirty play by Buch. End of f***ing story.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013

it was absolutely a cross check right to the kisser. now what DOPS will give him is the big question. He may have played his last game as a Ranger, and he may miss a few to start next season. I appreciate the guts he showed for what he did though.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
That's well and good but his defensive play leaves a ton to be desired.

MillerTime79

Jun 28, 2007
It was a dirty play by Buch. End of f***ing story.

Well, my point is that it would be a far less dirty play if it was just a glove to the face, rather than a cross check (which could be extremely dangerous). Would also eliminate that possibility of a serious suspension leaking into next season.

Reactions: ETTER DE and LOFIN

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad