GDT: Game # 54 - Cinco de Mayo - Rangers vs Capitals - 7pm - NBCSN

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Amazing how the caps always end up benefiting from psycho’s head shots. Maybe the shittiest officiated league in history. Still disgusts me.

Reactions: leetch99 and CLW

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
WTF is NBC thinking here? Re-purposing baseball diamond graphics for the scoreboard??

IMG_20210506_025816.jpg

IMG_20210506_030338.jpg

Last edited:

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
BTW, how chicken shit was Wilson being out due to an "injury"? This guy is healthy enough to put the lives of players in danger but his POS coach takes him out the game for him not to get hurt. I used to like Laviolette. f***ing snake.

Buch slashed Wilson in 2nd period..maybe hurt him...Mantha was retaliating

Reactions: egelband

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
if miller doesnt learn to play mean than trade his ass. He doesnt have the skills to pirouette around the ice. Be a chara. Look what he does and do it yourself. Use that huge frame and intimidate the shit out of other players.

bunch of f***ing tuna smelling p***ys

gotta agree with ya. I commend your players that did step up and fight. It had to be answered. One fella on here said “ as long as we beat them on the scoreboard “ . That was stupid. The Rangers had to answer to that BS. I wish they had of called up that Mason Geertseen. Big tuff Alberta boy

UnderPSI

Old Salty Dog
Sep 6, 2007
New Jersey
Uhh the correct name is James Donal, so please regard him as that.

You know someone is getting the ax after that mishap.

While the Buch cross check was dangerous, I ain't mad. Dumb ass Lenny from Mice & Men almost killed Bread so.. its karma.

Reactions: Cmox and egelband

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Send Georgiev to the moon and bring Hank in as our backup
Man what a crazy story that would be if after all these years, finally leaving the Rangers only to end up needing open heart surgery that prevents him from ever playing for that other team, to coming back and still winning a cup with us
If Hank was willing to be the backup here he would have been the backup here going into the season.

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
There may be another way to do this that does not "blow it up, start over or trade all the kids" Not sure what that is but apparently Dolan has ideas, shared them with Drury and they came to some agreement together or the move would not have been made.

You do this before the end of a season in this way, you are all but telegraphing a busy off season.

We all pretty much knew that as the youngest team in the league the Rangers had more work to do in this rebuild, but the complete lack of leadership, grit and tenacity exposed in these last few games was jarring at minimum.

The Rangers were laid out as a door mat by the teams they will need to beat to get to a Cup final.

One could say moves would have likely been made anyway. But I guess Dolan did not like what he was hearing. And now what's done is done and we shall see what Drury can do.

I just hope he's as good as they all say he is.

Oh, the drug addict drunken manchild is making calculated decisions?

I'd like to hope so, but...

What about this weird timing less than 24 hours after the Wilson statement comes accross as calculated?

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Uhh the correct name is James Donal, so please regard him as that.

You know someone is getting the ax after that mishap.

While the Buch cross check was dangerous, I ain't mad. Dumb ass Lenny from Mice & Men almost killed Bread so.. its karma.
Lenny. Not bad. For me, the psycho reminds me of Francis from Stripes.
upload_2021-5-6_20-49-38.gif

Reactions: UnderPSI

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Looking forward to the Caps and Ranger games next season ...maybe with Chara wearing our jersey as a 7th Dman for games like these for starters . Lets groom these young kids on the blueline the right way besides being tutored by an ancient Martin the asst coach .I think a better move then adding Ryan Reaves up front . Chara checks off a few boxes on a young rebuilding club with many young D .

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Looking forward to the Caps and Ranger games next season ...maybe with Chara wearing our jersey as a 7th Dman for games like these for starters . Lets groom these young kids on the blueline the right way besides being tutored by an ancient Martin the asst coach .I think a better move then adding Ryan Reaves up front . Chara checks off a few boxes on a young rebuilding club with many young D .

add a 44/45 year old defenseman who barley contributes and Reaves who never contributes? Com’on, the team needs toughness yet doesn’t need contributions rivaling Howden.

alkurtz

Nov 26, 2006
Charlotte, NC
A story: my wife loathes hockey fights (I'm not a fan either) and is the most peaceful of people. Last night, when I showed her the tape of what had happened between Wilson and Panarin, she said the Rangers needed to jump him. She was appalled and to elicit that response, the crime needed to be egregious.

I reminded her of the night we met, April 11, 1970 at a Ranger game, game 3 of the first round of the playoffs between the Rangers and the Bruins. She was dating a friend of mine and actually sat in my seat (my friend and I had season tickets) while I sat elsewhere (both in the blue seats).

The Rangers had been beaten in the first two games by the Bruins at Boston Garden. In those days, the Bruins were the "Big Bad Bruins" known for their physical and often dirty play, led by Derek Sanderson, their resident bad boy.

20 seconds into the game, during a face off in the Ranger end, the Rangers, tired of Sanderson's abuse, literally jumped him along the boards. Multiple players jumped him. I believe the Bulldog line was on the ice (Tkaczuk, Fairbairn, Balon) along with Park and one other D (Seiling? Rolfe? hard to remember). That line was hard to play against but not known for its physical, fighting skills. The brawl went on for at least 15 minutes. Each time it seemed to settle down, it started again. Oh, yeah, the Rangers won the game. I reminded my wife of that game after said the Rangers should jump Wilson.

If truth be told, Sanderson later played one+ seasons with the Rangers and I actually became a fan of how her played in terms of intensity and effort).

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Anyone surprised to see DQ rushing to the mic after the game last night to shine in the glory of his players efforts:

“I couldn’t be more proud.”

“It certainly speaks volumes to how these guys want to play for each other and how they care for each other in difficult circumstances,” said David Quinn.

Like it’s been like this all season. I knew this was coming and called it in the GDT. What does it take for anyone to ask a critical question to this man? He couldn’t be more proud?

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com

Yeah could've done it last off season but decided to spend the money on Jack f***ing Johnson

Reactions: leetch99

alkurtz

Nov 26, 2006
Charlotte, NC
A story: my wife loathes hockey fights (I'm not a fan either) and is the most peaceful of people. Last night, when I showed her the tape of what had happened between Wilson and Panarin, she said the Rangers needed to jump him. She was appalled and to elicit that response, the crime needed to be egregious.

I reminded her of the night we met, April 11, 1970 at a Ranger game, game 3 of the first round of the playoffs between the Rangers and the Bruins. She was dating a friend of mine and actually sat in my seat (my friend and I had season tickets) while I sat elsewhere (both in the blue seats).

The Rangers had been beaten in the first two games by the Bruins at Boston Garden. In those days, the Bruins were the "Big Bad Bruins" known for their physical and often dirty play, led by Derek Sanderson, their resident bad boy.

20 seconds into the game, during a face off in the Ranger end, the Rangers, tired of Sanderson's abuse, literally jumped him along the boards. Multiple players jumped him. I believe the Bulldog line was on the ice (Tkaczuk, Fairbairn, Balon) along with Park and one other D (Seiling? Rolfe? hard to remember). That line was hard to play against but not known for its physical, fighting skills. The brawl went on for at least 15 minutes. Each time it seemed to settle down, it started again. Oh, yeah, the Rangers won the game. I reminded my wife of that game after said the Rangers should jump Wilson.

If truth be told, Sanderson later played one+ seasons with the Rangers and I actually became a fan of how her played in terms of intensity and effort).

BTW: just found a 2+ minute clip of the fight on hockeyfights.com. The other Ranger D was Arnie Brown. Worth looking at. It's also on YouTube

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad