GDT: Game # 54 - Cinco de Mayo - Rangers vs Capitals - 7pm - NBCSN

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
The sky isn’t falling. This team is moving in the right direction and Drury knows a thing or two about winning. We will see some changes this offseason but we’re not trading Laf or Foxy or Shesty or tanking the rebuild. We need a different coach, a summer off, an infusion of leadership and energy. I’m still optimistic about next season. I’ve been saying this wasn’t a year to push for the playoffs since the half way point. Next year can be a lot different.

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
It sucks he’s gonna get squeezed out. He finally became what we all wanted in a legitimate first line winger and he is also the grittiest forward in the team. Obviously I get it bc of the stupid cap but it sucks.

I sometimes wonder if it wouldn't have been better for the team to win the lotteries in opposite order. We'd have Hughes and Byfield (Or possibly Kakko and Byfield) and we wouldn't have such a ****ing glut on the wings. Losing Buch is gonna suck.

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods

I mean, Quinn is gone either way but that's really not the thing to say when you just got cleaned house for being too soft and not good enough.

And I feel good about taking a shit, doesn’t mean I or Quinn can run a team.

Reactions: Tob

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
Torts in July at the press conference.

upload_2021-5-5_22-7-20.png

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
Gotta say. I was comfortable with Gorts running the show. But Drury is a wanted executive so he must be excelling behind the scenes. Trying to envision him talking trade and I just can't do it yet haha..

Reactions: Kords

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
I hate quinn’s “system” with a passion. And can someone on this team throw a big hit? i dont care if its late, or u jump 5 feet off the geound. Just lay someone out. There were a bunch of chances too.

im sick of this soft ass team and shitty coach.

we do not know how to hit, forecheck or remove the other team from the puck. Too much stickwork.

we also have no idea how to space ourselves or to pass a puck to open ice amd then skate to it.

For all the high end skill we have, we have the worst grasp pf fundamentals ever.

its like the globetrotters trying to play against the Pistons from the 80’s

Reactions: Captain Lindy

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Have to actually root for the Caps or Islanders? Much rather play russian roulette with a revolver

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia

Looks like Pavel was simply defending himself to me. Mantha did the 180, and came in with the cross check, Pavel was simply defending himself No? Hahhahahahhaa

If the league suspends Buch, they will look blatantly anti Ranger and look even worse than it already does.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Quinn has to be given the boot.

You can’t bring out a public firing squad on your hockey executives about the team not playing up to expectations and keep the coach that was part of it

Reactions: FireGerardGallant

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
If I were Drury I’d have already put in calls to 31 GMs about taking Kreider’s contract. I’d be having conversations with Kreider tomorrow about moving in a different direction and waiving or getting used to bottom six minutes. Then I’d be negotiating a new deal with Buch.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I hate quinn’s “system” with a passion. And can someone on this team throw a big hit? i dont care if its late, or u jump 5 feet off the geound. Just lay someone out. There were a bunch of chances too.

im sick of this soft ass team and shitty coach.

we do not know how to hit, forecheck or remove the other team from the puck. Too much stickwork.

we also have no idea how to space ourselves or to pass a puck to open ice amd then skate to it.

For all the high end skill we have, we have the worst grasp pf fundamentals ever.

its like the globetrotters trying to play against the Pistons from the 80’s
It is kind of amazing we didn't throw one bone crunching check. I don't think you have to be built like a linebacker to do that. Just no one on this team really does it.

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
I think you have to start with a clean slate. Does Drury want to bet his dream job on an unproven coach?
Thats what you want. Drury is here and Quinn didn't get the guillotine. Maybe Dolan asked him what he wanted to do with Quinn and he said he'll address that at a later date. Hence 50/50 for me.

But the Rick Tocchet thing does intrigue me.

Reactions: Tob

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
If I were Drury I’d have already put in calls to 31 GMs about taking Kreider’s contract. I’d be having conversations with Kreider tomorrow about moving in a different direction and waiving or getting used to bottom six minutes. Then I’d be negotiating a new deal with Buch.
I hear you. Maybe there is someone out there who would take Kreider albeit a slight chance in this flat cap world.
Buch showed some heart but I would be careful offering nothing but a team friendly deal as well as Strome. These guys are not the core of this team going forward IMO. especially if we wind up paying them 5.5/6/6.5 million per

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad