Post-Game Talk: Game 54 - 2 U's 2 K's = 2 POINTS - BRUINS 4 Vancouver 0 - F

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Speed and intensity kills. I love the internal competition. Keeps everyone honest. Nice to enjoy watching 4 lines. Some games it feels like crap when the first line isn’t on the ice.

Reactions: sarge88

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
yes it was.

Just in.

Nucks didn't look too good. I thought they would be better.

They've got some good talent, a decent goalie and Mark Ruffalo as coach

..but the Bruins showed em where the bear **** in the buckwheat

..pardon the pun

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011

This was offside for sure

I couldn't find "touching the puck" in the NHL rule book regarding off-side

I hope somebody can either explain the rule properly tomorrow

..or get rid of the ****ing off-side challenge altogether

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Great win, fun game. Excellent tempo, close to a full 60 min effort. All 4 Boston centers were dominant and did a lot to set up the win through owning the middle of the ice. The Bruins should probably have put the game to bed sooner but Markstrom was immense. Boston’s been guilty plenty of times in the recent past of making ordinary goalies look amazing, but Jacob is class and really was on and made a number of huge saves. Good on the Bs for sticking at it and finding ways to pot enough to get the job done. Didn’t hurt that Rask was also superb. Calm, collected, a well-deserved shutout.

One thing that particularly stood out to me in this one was that the Bruins’ cycle game and layers were really sharp. Hard skating and good mutual support created extended periods of O-zone time and some excellent chances. Passing could occasionally have been a little better, but can’t fault the effort or tactics. The whole team has really come out hard from the break and brought an extra edge to their game. The look like they know that the time to really knuckle down and get to work has arrived and the hunger seems to be back. Fingers crossed they keep it.

McAvoy feels like he’s about to go next level. Who cares if he doesn’t score goals? If he keeps being a defensive beast and steadily racking up even-strength assists he’ll be doing all he needs to cement himself as one of the most important, effective players on the roster. Lauzon is a keeper too. As others have noted, he just rounds out the D and gives them that bit extra size and grit. Good on Blidh too for coming in, playing hard and making a difference. He hasn’t done a lot that you could measure in numbers, but he just adds energy and desire to compete and that rubs off on the others. I don’t expect him to be in the starting lineup for the POs, but he’s a useful extra piece to have around with some extra experience under his belt.

My only concern at present is that Sweeney has been making noises about the approaching deadline that seem to have the intent of dampening expectations of who and how much the Bs will trade in before then. Perhaps it’s just a bluff, or a way of quelling speculation, but I really hope he doesn’t just mostly sit tight and trust in depth over extra talent. Sure, depth is nice to have, but you only need so much, and too much of the same thing doesn’t bring results. There are at least a couple of pieces that can viably be moved, and this team still needs something extra if it’s going to have a good chance of hanging with quality opponents and putting them away over multi-game series. Don’t be shy Donny, make the bold moves!

Reactions: BMC

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
there was a review exactly like that a couple years ago in a hawks game. and it was the same result.

Yes, and there was a very similar one earlier this season in a game between the Flames and Canes that was ruled the same way. Seems that with these tag up scenarios, as long as the attacking player is getting onto the blue line before the puck is played inside the zone, to the point where it's basically a 50-50 call as to whether he got back over it in time, then they're ruling those ones as onside and a good goal. I don't mind that, as long as they're consistent with making those decisions.

People have been wondering why coaches, presidents etc. haven't been making more of a clamour to get rid of the offside challenges. I think the simple reason is that on balance there's less disadvantage from have a goal disallowed than there is advantage from getting one back when your opponent scores. Teams will figure that they'll go around 50-50 over the course of a season between benefiting or losing out as a result of challenges, so better to have the ability to get one back when it really counts that can give you a huge boost, even if you lose a couple yourself along the way. It's a blight on the game, but I'm pretty sure we're stuck with it. The most I hope for is that they tinker with the process so that coaches only have 30 secs or so to challenge. Cut out the time-wasting and multiple looks at the tape and see how often coaches are willing to take a punt on marginal cases with the threat of a PP looming.

Reactions: BMC

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
EIqEFOjXsAAYbKw.jpg

Well this is considered possession but Macs wasn’t?

Not possession. They called us offside on this one

They were consistent but imo got both calls wrong. I understand in their judgement they got both calls right

Im just glad they were consistent

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad