Post-Game Talk: Game 54 - 2 U's 2 K's = 2 POINTS - BRUINS 4 Vancouver 0 - F

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I know I'm over 2011, in the sense that, yes, it did happen, and Boston won. Whatever. I don't think i'm ever going to like Vancouver. Sore bunch of losers.

Though to be fair, we're not that much different when the Bruins lose
I agree with you but I really don't want to talk about or think about last SCF with St.Louis. I just don't think it's constructive to keep chewing that cud. If Canuck fans etc want to waste their time and emotions on going back 9 years good luck to them and their team. As soon as the 2013 series against Chicago ended we didn't even see a broken street sign ...or anything here in Boston. Same with 2019.
Win or lose you move on!

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

NMF

May 24, 2012
Good job explaining this
Can you let brick know?
I like the guy but he wouldn’t let it go last night
Thanks, haha. Unfortunately people even players sometimes dont get the rules. Some of them are pretty intricate. The refs and linesmen take a bad rap sometimes for getting a call wrong, even when they get it right. Comes with the territory.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
I agree with you but I really don't want to talk about or think about last SCF with St.Louis. I just don't think it's constructive to keep chewing that cud. If Canuck fans etc want to waste their time and emotions on going back 9 years good luck to them and their team. As soon as the 2013 series against Chicago ended we didn't even see a broken street sign ...or anything here in Boston. Same with 2019.
Win or lose you move on!

See, that's the funny thing about it; I was pissed for a month or two about this last cup and how it ended. But i'm over it now. St Louis played the way Boston OUGHT to have played, and they got the job done. I got no grudge against them for that.

Chicago, that one sucked too but there was no dishonor in it. Chicago was clearly the better team. I guess I just don't see what the point is in any of it; you're not the one on ice, we're all just fans, right? We shouldn't have a personal stake in it. The players do and the coaches do too to a degree. We act like it's a tribe warfare kind of thing sometimes, so I have to remind myself at the end of the day, it's f***ing game that has no impact on my life other than affecting my happiness.

That's why i have become ambivalent about the Jacksonville Jaguars being moved to London sooner or later. They suck anyway and it stopped being fun being a fan a long time ago :laugh:

Reactions: Strafer

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
See, that's the funny thing about it; I was pissed for a month or two about this last cup and how it ended. But i'm over it now. St Louis played the way Boston OUGHT to have played, and they got the job done. I got no grudge against them for that.

Chicago, that one sucked too but there was no dishonor in it. Chicago was clearly the better team. I guess I just don't see what the point is in any of it; you're not the one on ice, we're all just fans, right? We shouldn't have a personal stake in it. The players do and the coaches do too to a degree. We act like it's a tribe warfare kind of thing sometimes, so I have to remind myself at the end of the day, it's ****ing game that has no impact on my life other than affecting my happiness.

That's why i have become ambivalent about the Jacksonville Jaguars being moved to London sooner or later. They suck anyway and it stopped being fun being a fan a long time ago :laugh:
:thumbu: Couldn't have said it better!

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
If there was a Canuck that deserved a star it was Markstrom, not this jackwagon.

Markstrom got 3rd star on 98.5. Tuukka got #1, and McAvoy got #2. IMHO, Coyle was the best player on the ice last night. He got robbed.

Reactions: BMC

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
EIqEFOjXsAAYbKw.jpg

Well this is considered possession but Macs wasn’t?
Well Coyle is across the blue line before the puck, McAvoy was not across the blue line, pretty simple, no?

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Vancouver radio complaining about a hit Gryz gave Petterson. Said it was dirty. Green whining about it too. Did I miss something?
I remember there being a hit behind the play (behind the Bs net as well) that involved these two players. I dont believe the NESN feed caught it as I didnt see a replay. And the live feed just showed Petterson down on his belly. Seemed a bit after the puck had left but again, no replay.

Reactions: lopey

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Cry me a river Travis. Tell your player to work on getting tougher a la Pasternak.

I really can’t stand when certain players think they are above getting hit.

As for JT Miller what number team is this for him?
Really have to thank JT Miller for bulletin board material for the next time they meet, Cassidy doesn’t have to say a word, just post that quote on the board in the dressing room pre game.

Bodit9

Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
Nope it wasn’t, the photo even shows not off side because McAvoy hasn’t touched the puck yet, he doesn't touch the puck until Kuraly touches the blue line, still photos can be deceiving.

They should show the next frame where Kuraly's skates are both in the blue (out of the zone) and Mac still hasn't touched the puck yet in the zone.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Kuraly never came back out.He turned short of blueline.
I'm surprised no one responded to you on this, because Kuraly most definitely did tag up, just like it was a dump in, as NMF so nicely explains:

They got the offsides call right. With a player still in the zone, the puck entering the zone becomes a delayed off-side situation. Think of it as a dump in the zone. It is not whistled down until a player on the team off-sides touches the puck. In this case, McAvoy puts the puck in the defensive zone from the neutral zone and only touches the puck after Kuralys has tagged up. Great call in real-time by the linesman.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
solid game, was concerned as the B`s had flushed away solid chances via the PP that they were allowing the Nucks to stay in it but the better team definitely won last night

Tuukka was solid yet again, Coyle was in beast mode all night as was McAvoy

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Was at the game last night. Came away completely unimpressed with Pettersson. Not quite sure how the kid is 17th in the league in scoring. He cant skate and is extremely weak. How he has the stats he has is completely mind-boggling to me.

Wrong quote: thought I quote you for the off-side.
Exactly. I was saying that the second I saw the replay. I understand why they challenged and why some fans don't agree as it looked strange because he touches it so quickly afterwards but there's essentially no difference than if he had just chipped it in deep and followed it. The second his skate hit the blue line the play was on-side and McAvoy can play the puck.
We see it happen every once in awhile and it's always called on-side.

Reactions: NMF

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Vancouver radio complaining about a hit Gryz gave Petterson. Said it was dirty. Green whining about it too. Did I miss something?

Bit of a late hit on a star player in a blow-out. Not dirty or anything but you can kinda understand why people are pissed. Give them a bit of leeway on their response to this one as that kid is the franchise, no one responded, and they also play in the West, so outside of St. Louis, no one in this whole conference plays anything similar to The Bruins.

Put it in context: Canuck friends of mine that know their hockey were just amazed with The Bruins 4th line finishing their checks all night - 'not charging but...' - because they just haven't seen it lately.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I'm surprised no one responded to you on this, because Kuraly most definitely did tag up, just like it was a dump in, as NMF so nicely explains:

Where did he tag up? He turned short of the blueline.His skate never touched blue paint.McAvoy clearing brought it in while he was already in there .Once that puck came out he had to clear zone before it was brought back in again.This picture clearly shows he never made it

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
And just from the other side. A few Canuck fan friends last night commented about how Boston's defence, structure, forecheck, etc. is just on another level - and that without Markstrom it would've been ugly. They weren't even making the 'our guys couldn't make a pass' excuse as they simply knew that it was The Bruins causing so many turnovers and that they were just out-classed. Makes my life a lot easier this week.
Canucks really are a decent team nowadays and exciting a lot of nights, although Boeser seems to have lost it, and actually have a likeable roster again - which is nice for those of us stuck out here in the dreary.

Reactions: BMC and Krupp

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011

This was offside for sure

Seems like the same position for McAvoy as the one you posted but Kuraly is onside.

TBH, I thought it was offsides as well.

The explanation from the league that Jack shared during the broadcast, and Im paraphrasing, was "McAvoy hadnt made a play on the puck in the offensive zone." Theres certainly some grey area with this rule/ruling however.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
McAvoy already brought it in though

But he hadn't touched it yet. Think of it as if he just sent it into the corner a moment before Kuraly tags up. He could chase it in and it's on-side. There's really no difference. He doesn't actually play/touch the puck before Kuraly tags up.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad