Post-Game Talk: Game 54 - 2 U's 2 K's = 2 POINTS - BRUINS 4 Vancouver 0 - F

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
I got home around 9 and skipped over a lot of the analysis, etc.

Unless there is a different version of off sides that I don’t know about, that one looked like textbook.

Then again, I only watched it live and then one replay before fast forwarding, as I expected it to be called back.
The reason it didn't get called back is because they considered McAvoy didn't have possession of the puck. By the time he touches it again Kuraly was back onsides. The Bruins have gotten screwed over already this year on what is possession and what is not.

Reactions: Alicat and Strafer

WestCoastBruinsFan

Oct 30, 2008
Victoria, BC
The reason it didn't get called back is because they considered McAvoy didn't have possession of the puck. By the time he touches it again Kuraly was back onsides. The Bruins have gotten screwed over already this year on what is possession and what is not.
Right. It is a delayed offside until he touches it again or they tag up.

Reactions: Strafer

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

Oh, I’m not complaining.

Id have lost it, regardless of explanation if that happened to the B’s though.

Reactions: Alberta_OReilly_Fan

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
mcgRrk7l.png

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
Just home from the Gahden, always fun to whup the ‘Nucks, no matter who is wearing the uniforms. Had a little panic when no Bruins came out for the three stars presentations... thought they might be telling the team about a trade, then realized they are hustling off to Chicago...guess those extra three minutes were too much....maybe they wanted to analyze the Mookie trade:nod:

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Didn’t Mcavoy stick handle over the line before “waiting” to touch it again? I’m still confused. Looked offside to me.

However, they played Rufio at the end of the third. I’d like to meet the guy running the music choice and shake his hand.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Missed the game

what more can I say about Tuukka? What a stud

How did kuraly look on the wing?

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Ultimately the Bruins gained zero advantage from the offside but it was still offside, more obviously so than any other goal they have had called back this season . How that was not called back is a huge mystery.

The Canadian announcer said that both skaters (Kuraly & Mac) were onside before McAvoy played the puck, (and that's what I thought it should be too), but when I found the PDF file of NHL rule 83.1 - Off-side I couldn't find anything to back that up

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/en/v3/ext/rules/2019-2020-NHL-rulebook.pdf com

I'm guessing it's legit

Rule 83 – Off-side

83.1 Off-side - Players of the attacking team must not precede the puck into the attacking zone.
The position of the player’s skates and not that of his stick shall be the determining factor in all instances in deciding an off-side. A player is off-side when both skates are completely over the leading edge of the blue line involved in the play.

A player is on-side when either of his skates are in contact with, or on his own side of the line, at the instant the puck completely crosses the leading edge of the blueline regardless of the position of his stick. However, a player actually controlling the puck who shall cross the line ahead of the puck shall not be considered “off-side,” provided he had possession and control of the puck prior to his skates crossing the blue line.

It should be noted that while the position of the player’s skates is what determines whether a player is “off-side,” nevertheless the question of an “off-side” never arises until the puck has completely crossed the leading edge of the blueline at which time the decision is to be made.

If a player legally carries, passes or plays the puck back into his own defending zone while a player of the opposing team is in such defending zone, the off-side shall be ignored and play permitted to continue.

Last edited:
Reactions: JOKER 192

Bodit9

Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
Didn’t Mcavoy stick handle over the line before “waiting” to touch it again? I’m still confused. Looked offside to me.

However, they played Rufio at the end of the third. I’d like to meet the guy running the music choice and shake his hand.

Mac was stickhandling & then the puck went over the line. He clearly hesitated before touching it again, waiting for Kuraly to tag up.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

Kuraly never came back out.He turned short of blueline.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I was watching the game while reading the Canucks board. A few things I picked up on were, how badly Brock Boeser has fallen off from his rookie season and that Marchand is still the King Goat of rats...
Otherwise, it was a sluggish game but the Bruins did enough and stellar defence made it a relatively easy game for Tuukka. On to the next one!

That's great!

..because according to the Chinese, it's the "Year of the Rat"

Reactions: AM Bruin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad