Post-Game Talk: Game 54 - 2 U's 2 K's = 2 POINTS - BRUINS 4 Vancouver 0 - F

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
interesting how quiet it is in here. win streaks make the trolls go away.

markstrom was tremendous, but he didn't get much help tonight. still can't believe
the challenge went our way, and that one seemed like the least likely to stick (i'm not
buying the tag up nonsense). bruins were all over the puck all night. full 60. everyone
on board. kuraly nice bounceback. rask was stellar. the internal competition and the
9 day break looks like just what they needed. too bad tampa never loses.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
interesting how quiet it is in here. win streaks make the trolls go away.

markstrom was tremendous, but he didn't get much help tonight. still can't believe
the challenge went our way, and that one seemed like the least likely to stick (i'm not
buying the tag up nonsense). bruins were all over the puck all night. full 60. everyone
on board. kuraly nice bounceback. rask was stellar. the internal competition and the
9 day break looks like just what they needed. too bad tampa never loses.

:laugh:

For some reason, I prefer Bruins post-game threads when they win

When they lose, it can sometimes turn into a cesspool, and then I usually have to click on the red X in the top right corner

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Hawks are only 3 points out of a wildcard spot ( maybe less if they get a point or two vs Minnesota tonight ) so they will be playing hard tomorrow. Need a good game out of Halak .

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
refs werent that bad.
even got the offside review correct

I got home around 9 and skipped over a lot of the analysis, etc.

Unless there is a different version of off sides that I don’t know about, that one looked like textbook.

Then again, I only watched it live and then one replay before fast forwarding, as I expected it to be called back.

AM Bruin

The Early Worm
Feb 20, 2015
Out on a limb.
I was watching the game while reading the Canucks board. A few things I picked up on were, how badly Brock Boeser has fallen off from his rookie season and that Marchand is still the King Goat of rats...
Otherwise, it was a sluggish game but the Bruins did enough and stellar defence made it a relatively easy game for Tuukka. On to the next one!

Reactions: BMC and bobbyorr04

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Ultimately the Bruins gained zero advantage from the offside but it was still offside, more obviously so than any other goal they have had called back this season . How that was not called back is a huge mystery.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
But it appeared to me that Kuraly hadn't tagged up in time. The puck was brought back in right before he had a chance to tag.

Not doubting you... I just don't know what I'm missing.
yeah it was close. but real smart play by mcavoy. key was mcavoy pushing puck ahead and not touching it while kuraly was still in zone.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
there was a review exactly like that a couple years ago in a hawks game. and it was the same result.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I like that the team doesnt seem to be going... full guns... all balls to the walls... no impossible hot players that are going to cool off all of a sudden

we are just lining them up and mowing them down... clogging along at a president trophy pace... now we are putting distance between us and st louis... islanders hit their slump that all teams do and are way in the rear view mirror.

Washington is neck and neck with us still... but really doesnt matter

for awhile we were screaming that 1 line was carrying us... that line went cold by their standards and we are still 8-2-1 in last 11 games

road game/home game doesnt really matter to us

pp... excellent
pk... excellent
team defense... excellent
front line scoring… excellent
depth scoring... guess what people... its pretty damn good too

will we be adding a piece or two in the next month to take this GREAT team and make it one step better? seems so...

there aint no other perfect teams out there that we need to hang our heads in shame over. sure Washington/st louis look impressive but we knew that coming into this season. tampa might get their butts in gear too {or might just be on a hot streak}

we knew going into this year... and every year... that theres going to be 6-7 teams entering the playoffs with a better's chance at winning if the stars align

we are one of those teams...

playoffs will eventually sort themselves out... I am looking forward to it
but for those fans that keep screaming the sky is falling... fire Sweeney... fire neely
we are too weak to beat the girl scouts
we cant hold a 4 goal lead...

I just feel sad sad sad… you are missing one hell of a good season and a lot of really damn good hockey being played by a real good team that plays smart and works hard

and lots of kids looking like the real deal

kuhlman played strong tonight
Bjork didnt do anything too wrong imo
blidh was noticeable at times
lauzon is a player

worst prospect pool in nhl? I promise you at least 10 teams aint going to have 4 or more kids that have this much impact in their nhl careers

and maybe blidh doesnt quite cut the grade what I just said... but sub him for studnicka... add vaakainain… remember we got lauko and steen and senyshyn with some potential... federic is going be a player too

the present is a damn good time to be a bruin fan
thank you tonight team for a 4-0 face kicking of one of my three most hated opponents

and thank you for throwing salt in their would with that freaky first goal/off-side play

I shall be enjoying the Vancouver post game radio show as well as canucks lunch show tomorrow and probably toon in their morning show as well

very few fan bases can cry and complain quite so passionately/entertaining as the canuck fan base
{that said... im predicting they come out of the west to play for the cup this year... thats a surprisingly deep team with some really top notch goaltending and a couple kids that are legit grade A studs}

Reactions: Paddington

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4