Post-Game Talk: GAME 53 - Lightning 3 BRUINS 2 F/SO

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
I feel the PP again has become too predictable. I get that Pasta is a 60 goal scorer but they force way too many plays to him often passing up quality shots . It happened with Bergy in the bumper as well in past seasons. Yes , feed your top players but teams and the opposing netminders are waiting for that. I'd love to see Pasta do more of the fake shot/pass to the opposite post .
Marchy had the puck in the right slot on the PP with an open look (not an open net, an open look) and all kinds of time, and decides to feed it all the way across the ice to Pasta at the far edge of the left circle. Didn't work. Shoot the f***ing puck! Been beating our heads against a wall for 10 years over this.

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
Pasta has bad games. Tonight was one but without him they aren't even a playoff team. Maybe get him.a real center and somebody who will let other teams know open season on Pasta is over.

He isn't paid to be Steve Kasper, he is paid to score and he does with very little help.

Oh and Boqvist, Steen and Richard can all be shot into the sun. If somebody is wondering how to add grit, there are three open roster spots right there.
Brown Beecher Lauko

It sucks we're up against the cap and can't call up Lysell or Georgii, heck even Beecher.

This team needs a spark.
Lysell in for Richard

• Wow
Reactions: Blowfish

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
Its Shattenkirks fault. And then he doubled down with a lack of response.
Again, a loss is not a huge deal to me, but this kind of stuff makes me wonder what this team has when inevitably in the playoffs the going gets rough.

It seems like two old school players in Sweeney and Neely just shrug their shoulders at this point.

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
Maybe....but they still have to hit the net with quality shots ... low and rebound prone type shots preferably ... we are too perimeter for my liking and only have a few guys (maybe just one) with the shooting prowess to make that game plan work (perimeter)
Most shots seemed to with hot his chest or miss the net

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Macs not a pp qb. They are forcing it at this point. He makes some bad decisions yto much for my liking
That's why I been saying I can't wait for Lohrei to get developed because he has that QB pedigree..For what it's worth though, Chuck was shooting lots of pucks last nite.

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
They had almost literally zero cap space to work with last offseason. I’m not sure how intelligent people were deceiving themselves into thinking they were plugging any holes long term last summer.
This summer they have to make decisions on Jake and Swayman. Will without a doubt need to spend some on a LHD. Marchand and Ullmark going into their walk years as well. Frederic has one left, will need to be extended. That doesn't even include looking for a center if they wanted to.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
This summer they have to make decisions on Jake and Swayman. Will without a doubt need to spend some on a LHD. Marchand and Ullmark going into their walk years as well. Frederic has one left, will need to be extended. That doesn't even include looking for a center if they wanted to.
This summer Swayman is an RFA they have time with him but Jake can go where he wants .They need to make decisions on him soon. I can't speak for everyone but my personal opinion is the Bruins cannot afford to lose assets for nothing.Sign or trade, take your pick Donny.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad