Post-Game Talk: GAME 53 - Lightning 3 BRUINS 2 F/SO

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
We are missing Matt…we really need a different look at C. The kid made some smart plays. Forget about getting another D.

McAvoy has to stop trying for the ultimate upper corners from 20 feet out. Instead dents in the glass. Rockets. Keep it low. Get it through. On net. Rebounds in the paint. Ironically his floater from the blue line goes in. No dents there if he missed.

Forbort plays a quiet game…. Hard to watch. But I look up his numbers and he’s gone 11 straight games 0 or plus 1. How does that happen when 5v5 he’s supposed to be so horrible. I guess there are two sides to 5v5.

Carl Hungus

Apr 20, 2022
I don't mind Richard because it's entertaining to see a new face and he's got serious wheels

Steen/Boqvist I'm not really seeing much value there. I get that they're up against the cap and I want those guys to succeed but it's pretty boring to watch when they're on the ice. The effort is there and they're not the reason for the loss but boring nonetheless

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I thought they played well enough to win, unlucky on the first goal. They pushed back from 2-0 and the shootout is a joke. Tampa is still a good team and have ramped it up, they badly need the points. The Bruins have a cushion, trade deadline is approaching, dog days really. I'll take the point and it screwed the Leafs, so there is always that bright side.

Pasta is a leader and an elite player - some here expect a goal from him every night. An entertainer? 🤣😂

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Disappointed but Tampa Bay isn’t a door mat team. They are still pretty damn good. I just felt the Lollypop SO we’re bad. They got a point. Move on. Oh by the way, they are a one or two physical guy away from being tough. Again, they can’t get an impact player and a forth liner they have plenty. What you see is what you’re going to get the rest of the way. I wouldn’t give up anymore assets for this team.

Reactions: hrdpuk

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
Carlo love to hit the glass or the netting above the glass during a 3 on 2 all the time it seems.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Fans who think they are overachieving should be happy, right?

Fans who think they are underachieving....are there any?

Fans who figured this would be a tough season due to the holes at centre should have expected a bit of a tumultuous season and should be pretty satisfied.

I don't get the huge amount of disrespect they get from the fanbase. I am trying to understand and realize we all want them to win all the time. They can only do so much, they have limits like the rest of us. I am enjoying the season so far.

aguineapig72

Jun 28, 2023

Do you have one for Brown?
We get Brown 'cause he plays for Peanuts.

1707915544982.png

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
He faces teams best shut down D every game & its 82 games there will be lulls.He has 33 goals 75 pts in what 52 games.
What does that have to do with being a captain? Of course he's facing the best that's why we pay him what we do and he better KEEP producing.

Like I said he's an entertainer and a good one at that.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Hit the net 101 needs to be part of their curriculum as does net front presence dirty crease goals 101 ...specially when facing a dialed in goalie

All they have to do is watch James van Riemsdyk, he gives a master class in both every game he plays.

I really think his teammates simply do not want to work that hard. It's a damn sight easier to shoot wristers from the perimeter and you don't get hit nearly as hard/often.

Ozzy Osbourne

Nov 14, 2023
I thought Ullmark played great aside from the first one. That said, if we are looking to improve our roster, he’s the guy we should look into dealing before the deadline.

All they have to do is watch James van Riemsdyk, he gives a master class in both every game he plays.

I really think his teammates simply do not want to work that hard. It's a damn sight easier to shoot wristers from the perimeter and you don't get hit nearly as hard/often.
Yeah, he’s “not afraid to pay the price in the dirty areas”. He was a good signing that I wouldn’t mind having back next year along with Heinen. Shattenkirk, on the other hand……

Reactions: Gordoff and BMC

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
Funny, watching the Tampa broadcast, their guys mentioned several times how the Bruins were in front making it tough on Vasilevskiy.
Maybe....but they still have to hit the net with quality shots ... low and rebound prone type shots preferably ... we are too perimeter for my liking and only have a few guys (maybe just one) with the shooting prowess to make that game plan work (perimeter)

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
What does that have to do with being a captain? Of course he's facing the best that's why we pay him what we do and he better KEEP producing.

Like I said he's an entertainer and a good one at that.
He will wear an A 100% down the road.Your right Chuck will get C.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4ORRBRUIN

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
It sucks we're up against the cap and can't call up Lysell or Georgii, heck even Beecher.

This team needs a spark.
If I told anyone before the season started that this group would have 74 pts right now, I cannot see a single person who would not be happy or in shock .This team has played above projections.The real work comes in off season and I sure hope Donny does not cripple himself far as longterm plan and needs goes.Bruins have a glaring issue at top 6 centre

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
If I told anyone before the season started that this group would have 74 pts right now, I cannot see a single person who would not be happy or in shock .This team has played above projections.The real work comes in off season and I sure hope Donny does not cripple himself far as longterm plan and needs goes.Bruins have a glaring issue at top 6 centre

Just like last season.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Just like last season.
They are playing teams with no legit top 6 offensive centre regardless if Coyle etc playing over heads. Saw Pasta last night frustrated with Coyle on one sequence.It's absolutely amazing they are where they are .I support no wastes of cap or spending til this hole is fixed.If that is in another off season then fine we wait.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Questioning the leadership of this team is rediculous. Listen to what Marchand said last night with his interview with Sophia pregame. He said he was trying to emulate Chara and Bergeron and then realized he needed to be himself and we've seen a complete 180.

McAvoy and Pasta have very different leadership styles and neither would be in those roles if the coaches and front office had any concerns. If we had leaders who were carbon copies of each other, the culture wouldn't be what it is today.

People need to also realize that there is much more to the team than the 60 minutes fans get to see. If you go to a game, watch the bench. Watch what goes on before the faceoffs. Pasta is very vocal. Pasta is always talking to guys before the faceoffs to let them know what he is seeing.

The way McAvoy carries himself on and off the ice remids me of a mix of Shawn Thornton and Andrew Ference. The passion he has for the game rubs off on everyone and the guys feed off of him when he's really fired up. Off the ice, his contributions to the community reinforce the importance of giving back and staying humble.

People also forget about the guys like Carlo, Coyle and Frederic who aren't afraid to speak up when needed.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
If Matt Poitras is the reason this team lacks a pulse we've got much bigger issues.
Just my take in order ..Bruins lack true top 6 offensive C ,,Bruins lack heaviness on bottom 6..They could use some PK help to assist Coyle and Marchand.I read that last one earlier but thought about it and yup they could.My personal hope is they save bullets for that C.Get that then worry about rest .It could take time though so patience will be needed here.

Reactions: Gordoff

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
I thought Boston did enough to win this game but the powerplay let them down.Need some finish.
I feel the PP again has become too predictable. I get that Pasta is a 60 goal scorer but they force way too many plays to him often passing up quality shots . It happened with Bergy in the bumper as well in past seasons. Yes , feed your top players but teams and the opposing netminders are waiting for that. I'd love to see Pasta do more of the fake shot/pass to the opposite post .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad