Post-Game Talk: GAME 53 - Lightning 3 BRUINS 2 F/SO

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
With the BRUINS exceptional goaltending they will be in a position to win most games. That's been their MO most of this season.
If they just play .500 hockey the rest of the way, they'll wind up with 103 points.
The BRUINS can achieve this almost .500 hockey in a few ways. Here's 4 ways.
1)They can obtain 1 point in each of the next 29 games.
2)They can win alternate games.
3)They can win 15 in a row and then finish by losing 14 in a row.
4)They can lose 15 in a row and then finish by winning 14 in a row.

I would definitely prefer option 4.

• Haha
Reactions: 22Brad Park

aguineapig72

Jun 28, 2023
I will say though I'm really done with Boqvist, Steen, and Richard. For the love of god just get higher upside young guys in the lineup. They can't be worse

1707881333991.png

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
Look at the bright side . They didn't get shut out and are averaging 1.75 goals a game in the last 4 games.

Reactions: BMC

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
With the BRUINS exceptional goaltending they will be in a position to win most games. That's been their MO most of this season.
If they just play .500 hockey the rest of the way, they'll wind up with 103 points.
I'm not too confident they can win half their remaining games the way they've been playing

Where will they wind up if they only win 1 out of every 3 games??...because that's more suited to how they're playing right now

Reactions: Gordoff

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Even game imo but it lacked a little intensity on both sides. Pity they couldn't get a win on Marchand night. Two late PP chances, you just have to get at least one of those.

This team has quickly descended to mediocrity.

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
The " good" news- they clearly played better than the Caps game and got a point

But

there is still a lot to work on...starting with the power play which is so damn predictable and couldn't deliver when the game was there for the taking. And can we please stop trying to make the pretty plays and just shoot the puck both on the pp and 5 on 5.

looking to the playoffs- without a couple of adds that bring size and some physicality this team isn't set up for a long run. Too many players like Steen and Boqvist who aren't threats to score ( talk about an understatement) nor do they bring grit or a heavy forecheck. Add an under-sized Grzelcyk ( who noticeably backs away from contact) and a team with size and the willingness to forecheck will wear them down.

Since the All Star break this team has been -except for a period and a couple of minutes against Vanc.- out of sync, dis-engaged and not much fun to watch.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Regarding Tampa Bay's first goal, I though the overhead showed that the puck didn't quite completely cross the actual border of the goal line. The problem is that the puck was in a spot where a bit of the red paint is missing, so the oblique view showed a sliver of white, thus it looked like a good, conclusive goal. Am I barking up the wrong tree?

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Solid game, just never elevated to great. Both teams brought good effort. Tampa played a very good road game, seemed content to play sensibly, execute a tight, compact defense and make sure they came away with at least a point. Boston matched them for effort and gradually took over the game in the 3rd. Got rewarded for it drawing some PPs, good looks and passing that was improved but still not great, just couldn't finish. Vasilevskiy was back to close to his best today, Ullmark was also very sound after his early gaffe. The 2nd point was there for the taking, but not to be.

I said this in the GDT - felt like the Bruins were working pretty hard, they kept trying, but it was all pretty same-same. No attempt to really up the intensity at any point, change their style or look to create something by getting physical, chippy, crashing the net more or whatever. You can fairly say that Tampa didn't either, but Boston were the home team so it probably felt more on them to change the tone. Even Monty was unusually muted behind the bench, and didn't jiggle the lines much at all by his standards. A workmanlike performance all round, I guess you'd call it. Just a bit too passive and lacking the killer instinct.

The top two lines were pretty good. The 4th was decent enough too, all things considered. Boqvist-Heinen-Steen is a weird combination that probably made the best of what they had. JvR-Geekie-Richard was pretty rough though. The bottom 6 definitely needs help. On D I've been on the 'trade Gryz' train for a while, so credit to him here for a decent performance. Hasn't changed my mind yet, but more games like this might. Carlo and Lindholm were a dominant pair - Bruins had about an 80% SF when they were on the ice together. Good to see, as they should be an important duo come the playoffs.

The hot/cold Kraken next. A good win there is not a must but it would sure make this long home stand feel a bit rosier.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
The Bruins have won many games in which they were outplayed, because of exceptional goaltending. Tonight, the shoe was on the other foot. Vasilevskiy was the difference.

The PP looked good at times; but with no Bergeron, the bumper play (formerly known as Option #1) is no longer there. This makes their other options easier to defend.

As for the fourth line, I watch a lot of out of town games, and pretty much every team is running journeymen and call-ups. The B's aren't losing because of their fourth line, and they shouldn't be counted on to win games.

As for the Bolts' first goal, whether it should have counted or not, it was a bad goal, with leaky defense to boot. Ullmark made up for it stopping Kucherov's breakaway. But against Vasilevskiy with his A-game, there's no margin for error.

I did see white, but I recalled this excellent short segment Sportsnet did years ago on the parallax view.

MartyLapointe20

Dec 20, 2023
The Bruins have won many games in which they were outplayed, because of exceptional goaltending. Tonight, the shoe was on the other foot. Vasilevskiy was the difference.

The PP looked good at times; but with no Bergeron, the bumper play (formerly known as Option #1) is no longer there. This makes their other options easier to defend.

As for the fourth line, I watch a lot of out of town games, and pretty much every team is running journeymen and call-ups. The B's aren't losing because of their fourth line, and they shouldn't be counted on to win games.

As for the Bolts' first goal, whether it should have counted or not, it was a bad goal, with leaky defense to boot. Ullmark made up for it stopping Kucherov's breakaway. But against Vasilevskiy with his A-game, there's no margin for error.

I did see white, but I recalled this excellent short segment Sportsnet did years ago on the parallax view.

Yeah, I didn’t think it was a goal either - looked like the puck was slightly touching the goal line, until that last NESN side overhead, where you could see white. Either way, McAvoy was right there on the door step and should’ve cleared the puck before it creeped over. Also thought TB might’ve got screwed with the quick whistle before the puck crossed, but forgot about that continued motion rule.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Pasta has bad games. Tonight was one but without him they aren't even a playoff team. Maybe get him.a real center and somebody who will let other teams know open season on Pasta is over.

He isn't paid to be Steve Kasper, he is paid to score and he does with very little help.

Oh and Boqvist, Steen and Richard can all be shot into the sun. If somebody is wondering how to add grit, there are three open roster spots right there.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Pasta has bad games. Tonight was one but without him they aren't even a playoff team. Maybe get him.a real center and somebody who will let other teams know open season on Pasta is over.

He isn't paid to be Steve Kasper, he is paid to score and he does with very little help.

Oh and Boqvist, Steen and Richard can all be shot into the sun. If somebody is wondering how to add grit, there are three open roster spots right there.
That centre hole is something most should have expected or been willing to accept till next off season .They almost had Lindholm and it may be a blessing yet that they could not find ground on extension but anyhow your not wrong it just might take time.

Reactions: Gordoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad