GDT: Game 53: Hurricanes @ Sabres - 2/7 7pm ET (MSG-B, WGR 550)

Maut

Nov 30, 2018
Ullmark posted .800 tonight 6 goals on 30 shots is terrible........not asking him to be price but both goalies were a lot better than this during our first 2 months of the season. He's flailing out too much and making 2nd chances ENs.
Ullmark has stolen some games this season, yea he's let in a few bad ones recently but a lot of the goals he gets no help defensively. He'll get back to the way he looked in the shoutout win earlier this season.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Apparently Panarin might go to Nashville?

That's even bigger than us getting the win tonight if it happens.

CBJ could be losing their star player...THERE IS HOPE

Reactions: N.Y. Orangeman

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
Most important game of the season so far. And...the Sabres aren't good enough to beat a team they need to beat. I feel like that's been the case for like...a decade now.

Reactions: Willgamesh

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
I don't think Ullmark has been losing them games, or has been the main issue. I think our defensive play is a huge reason why we are giving up so many goals.

That said, ever since we first gave him consecutive starts to give him an opportunity to take the job, which has happened twice now in that span, he's allowed 26 goals in 21 periods of play, which is ~3.7 per game.

Not exactly what I'd wished to see from this scenario we all saw coming at some point this season.

Reactions: Fezzy126

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
I turned it off right after Skinner's bullshit slash call and spite cleaned my apartment. Yippee Skippy, a point. No one can tell me I don't channel my anger productively.

These refs can straight f off and die.

I'm taking some time away boys. I need a mental/emotional break after tonight.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
I turned it off right after Skinner's bull**** slash call and spite cleaned my apartment. Yippee Skippy, a point. No one can tell me I don't channel my anger productively.

These refs can straight f off and die.

I'm taking some time away boys. I need a mental/emotional break after tonight.
Worst call I have ever seen, no lie.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Ullmark wasn't good but there were major defensive breakdowns in front of the net that exacerbated his play

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Can we just start calling them 'Goalie' until one of them runs with it? (if ever). There really shouldnt be any favortisim towards either.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
LOL if you'd like, BUT, this group and into the foreseeable future WILL NOT WIN A CUP...……….

LET ME REPEAT THAT...……………….THE CURRENT TEAM COMBINED WITH THE CURRENT MANAGEMENT, ARE NOT...……………….GOING ………………………...TO WIN A CUP...……………..

Have fun suffering the 50 + yrs I have...………………………...

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Fun to see them tie it up after those BS calls. Did Eichel play 30 minutes? Geez. Pominville is good next to Eichel. Sobotka killed that 4th line. Got greedy at the end oh well

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Sell.
It's that simple, sell. I don't want hear the excuses, they're not ready. And that includes EVERYONE!!!! Eichel, Reinhart, Dahlin, Skinner.........I DON'T CARE, SELL!!!!

This group IS NOT WORTH KEEPING!!!!!
giphy.gif

Reactions: toomuchsauce

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Only two teams have been worse than us since the 10 game win streak...continue this pace and we're going to get another top 5 lottery pick.

Reactions: Willgamesh

Crazy Tasty

Oct 5, 2005
Joisey
I REALLY want to say something nasty but it's just not worth it.
Then f***ing say it. This team isn’t the finished product. They have warts, but they battle back when down, they win games when they shouldn’t and they lose games when they are outplayed. They are young and have players that need to get moved and improved. They are the best team that we’ve watched in years and ‘hopefully’ improve next year as well. Every one at the beginning of the year was happy with the situation they are now in, competing. Step back and breath.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad