GDT: Game 53: Hurricanes @ Sabres - 2/7 7pm ET (MSG-B, WGR 550)

Maut

Nov 30, 2018
Here's what I'll say, if we lose 2 of our next 3 then we are going to miss the playoffs, especially if we lose to NYI. We need to get some sort of point streak going and we need some guys to step up.

Even if we do miss the playoffs I won't mind as long as we resign Skinner, I also wouldn't mind making a trade for a more veteran presence (not necessarily as a rental but as someone that can talk Jack down from the ledge).

Maut

Nov 30, 2018
I also think we need some sort of change in coaching. I think a group of young guys don't need some stoic-stone face like Housley, they need someone like Torts that can get them going (not that I particularly like Torts but someone like him would be good)

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Yeah Yeah Yeah ... Jack ****ed up.

I want to know the guys thinking on his stupid deployments in certain situations
It’s beyond Jack f***ing up. Honestly if your going to bitch and moan about strategy at least talk about it.

They are terrible in OT at understanding the importance of possession and planning changes when they have the puck. Several times they could have changed when in possession of the puck and were tired. Almost every time they made a poor decision.

To me the worst decision was Sam gaining the Canes zone with the puck and for whatever reason just giving it away. He could have simply curled back and let his team change and reset. His turnover prevented Dahlin from changing then when he needed to. Dahlin was out there for 2:11 prior to the goal. Thats ridiculous and no excuse for the team to be that unaware and not possess the puck smarter. It’s them f***ing up on their own. Not the other team even forcing things. It’s maddening.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
We're going to run him out of town because he cares too much
I think one of the most important parts of this season is understanding that the warts of the team, summed over the entire season, all of the problems, have everything to do with roster structure. I'm not going through another offseason of this franchise and its fans maliciously going after something that doesn't exist and leaving their team worse for it.

Yes, Eichel sucked tonight and is a major factor in the loss.

But he's a freaking beast. We need to believe in him, Sam, Dahlin etc. These guys aren't the problem and are going to be our favorite Sabres for the next 15 years, through a lot of good moments, whenever we decide to put a real team around them.

searoc

Jan 8, 2014
PNW
The money I spend, which equates to just over 10 thousand a season between 2 sons, 2 daughters, myself, the wife plus visitors in the 200 level, combined with the gear we buy, it matters. You are just a fly by nightery, me, I'm invested, big time.
You actually have no clue, but...………………………….good luck.

That's a lot of time and money invested, understandable if you've reached a breaking point. Not easy to be let down that long. I'd say revisit it tomorrow after emotions calm down and hopefully you'll stick around a bit longer. Lots of good memories of the team to go with the bad, I'm sure?

Reactions: sabremike

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
It’s beyond Jack ****ing up. Honestly if your going to ***** and moan about strategy at least talk about it.

They are terrible in OT at understanding the importance of possession and planning changes when they have the puck. Several times they could have changed when in possession of the puck and were tired. Almost every time they made a poor decision. To me the worst decision was Sam gaining the Canes zone with the puck and for whatever reason just giving it away. He could have simply curled back and let his team change and reset. His turnover prevented Dahlin from changing then when he needed to. Dahlin was out there for 2:11 prior to the goal. Thta ridiculous and no excuse for the team to be that unaware and not possession the puck smarter. It’s them ****ing up on their own. Not the other team even forcing things. It’s maddening

Hey... We agree!!

But I wasn't talking about the actual game... I legit want to know Phils strategy or thinking in his deployments! Its maddening!

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
Eichel and Ristolainen together trying to do d-zone coverage

SickGraveAbyssiniangroundhornbill-size_restricted.gif

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
I think one of the most important parts of this season is understanding that the warts of the team, summed over the entire season, all of the problems, have everything to do with roster structure. I'm not going through another offseason of this franchise and its fans maliciously going after something that doesn't exist and leaving their team worse for it.

Yes, Eichel sucked tonight and is a major factor in the loss.

But he's a freaking beast. We need to believe in him, Sam, Dahlin etc. These guys aren't the problem and are going to be our favorite Sabres for the next 15 years, through a lot of good moments, whenever we decide to put a real team around them.
The current core has never been the problem.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Wha-... no. This can't be. You're leaving? B- bu - but... you can't leave. We need you. I need you.

Who else will get belligerent, scream and berate other posters after every loss.
I didn't say I was leaving. And come on Dreakon, after so long, don't you at least believe I've earned the right to get pissed? I'd expect the same from you after all given the talent we have.
We'll see, but since other's were either thankful or in complete denial of what is going on with regards to the roster...……………………..what do you want me to say? I spent some time in Salida, Colorado, the wife and I for retirement are looking in that direction. We've been watching a lot of their games., They look good, young, but good. I don't know, we'd both think the switch would be easy, hard to say.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
That's a lot of time and money invested, understandable if you've reached a breaking point. Not easy to be let down that long. I'd say revisit it tomorrow after emotions calm down and hopefully you'll stick around a bit longer. Lots of good memories of the team to go with the bad, I'm sure?
Your probably right honestly. But, the wife has a say to, and she's liking Colorado, to retire and live as well as support. To be honest, I'm with her. I'm sorry man, I can't help it. I want to cheer for something more than what is being offered.

Reactions: searoc

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
What team ya pickin?
The wife has me on Colorado. Took her out there, she loved it. I worked there in the gas and oil fields, she owns a business here. Were getting to the age to sell, me retire. I like the Avalanche, no complaints, not my childhood passion, but, if she so chooses it, I will support. Up to her really, but it's so hard to support that which you see no end in the tunnel of. If you know what I mean.
Hey, we only live so long man, I just want to root for a chance, it's not personal in so far as the players, but this is my life, if you know what I mean.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Your probably right honestly. But, the wife has a say to, and she's liking Colorado, to retire and live as well as support. To be honest, I'm with her. I'm sorry man, I can't help it. I want to cheer for something more than what is being offered.
Hey man. I’ve felt this way so many times. Give it a couple of days. But really, I’ve been at my limit, I’ve walked away and come back. This board is for venting so our loved ones don’t have to hear it right? No sweat, I enjoy your insight and I hope you come back.

Reactions: searoc

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
I also think we need some sort of change in coaching. I think a group of young guys don't need some stoic-stone face like Housley, they need someone like Torts that can get them going (not that I particularly like Torts but someone like him would be good)

Been saying this since last year. They dont need a docile teacher type coach, they need an in-your-face, demand respect type coach. Someone who will sit eichel for a bad shift, and will sit or waive vets who aren't as good as the talent down in Rochester. Someone who will stand up to ownership, defend players, if needed, or kick them in the ass, when deserved. We need a coach who has won something and knows what it takes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad