GDT: Game 53: Coyotes @ Flames - 7PM - FSAZ+

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
Exactly. He just didn't get the opportunities earlier this season.
Anybody saying that he wasn't good enough at the start of the season is just making something up. Surely, he improved, like most young players do... but it's mainly the usage that changed...not the player.

Earlier in the season he did not look like he does now. He looks way more confident. Yes he did play games on the 4th line, he went through a bad stretch of linemates. But overall he wasn't used in a defensive role, and he did have some games with better minutes.

No way if this was earlier in the season he would've set up Schenn like he did.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Earlier in the season he did not look like he does now. He looks way more confident. Yes he did play games on the 4th line, he went through a bad stretch of linemates. But overall he wasn't used in a defensive role, and he did have some games with better minutes.

No way if this was earlier in the season he would've set up Schenn like he did.

Yes, he needed to play and thankfully Richardson got hurt to allow that. Shame that had to happen but whatever. He's now our best center.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
It's pretty amazing to see how the team has gelled with the return of Domi and the lines settling in a bit/being more consistent. Too bad it's a few weeks before the deadline :laugh:. Even with the letdown in the last few minutes against the Penguins it was evident there too.

Schenn has settled in on the top pair, reminds me of Morris in his later years playing with Yandle.

Calgary's defense were outright pylons out there most of the time but it wasn't sacrificing defense for offense in the 2nd at least, didn't even register a shot till 7min in or so.

Coyotes seemed to let their foot off the gas when it got to 4-0, almost makes me wish it stayed 3-0 so they would keep pushing.

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
So far....

The dump and chase really does work......

Dvorak needs to go back to the fourth line because he's just too damn good....

And NHL player Derek Morris hasn't aged in 15 years......

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
That's not true. He's a bit better defensively and he improved in terms of faceoffs. But that's about it. It's not the player that changed, it's the usage of the player. The team started to play better as soon as Tippett increased Dvorak's icetime, got him better linemates and stopped using him in a defensive role.

Yeah, I guess some were watching a different team early on or didn't know Dvo's number. He is the same player. He was fantastic at times early on and got nothing for it except put on the fourth line or sent down.

The reason he is looking better and better is because he is being given the opportunity, not because some monumental change in his game happened.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
I don't know. But I'd be surprised if Keller or Strome make the opening roster next season.

I'd be shocked if keller wasn't on the team next year. Probably instantly our most talented player. Strome not being on it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
As good as they're playing...that's as poor of an opponent as they've seen this season. The Flames are really really terrible. You have to say it.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
The reason he is looking better and better is because he is being given the opportunity, not because some monumental change in his game happened.

Who knew that consistent ice time and opportunity could breed confidence? Dave Tippett should share this secret with the rest of the teams across the league. It's a truly revolutionary step from: "He can't be scared to play. This stuff about, 'Oh, I don't have my*confidence'. If you want a job in the*NHL, you have to take it, and that's part of what he has to learn. He has the tools to be an*NHL*player; now he has to have the will to be an*NHL*player."

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
If the Flames score more than one I'm gonna be mad. I want that GWG. Got Dvorak and Hanzal in my fantasy team:popcorn:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad