GDT: Game 53: Avs vs Hawks | 7 PM MT | February 2, 2016 | Never Mind About the Party

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
While player quality is a problem and Rantanen would be an upgrade, I feel the problem is the team not being able to turn up the intensity to match good teams unless their backs are against the walls.

Enough of these valiant third periods. Need more of that urgency in the first or second periods. Pulling the goalie and finding a goal late isn't going to work often enough.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
While player quality is a problem and Rantanen would be an upgrade, I feel the problem is the team not being able to turn up the intensity to match good teams unless their backs are against the walls.

Enough of these valiant third periods. Need more of that urgency in the first or second periods. Pulling the goalie and finding a goal late isn't going to work often enough.

Yeah, Roy needs to find a way to get this team a little more mentally engaged coming into games consistently. It's by no means all on Roy either. Really disappointing the players were not able to get themselves up for a game against Chicago after a break like that.

I would have understood the first period, but the second and part of the third was just sad.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

They do that against bad teams as well. Actually they have a very bad record against teams below us in the standings.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
They do that against bad teams as well. Actually they have a very bad record against teams below us in the standings.

I think it's still around 2-8-2, we haven't played many teams below us in the standings lately, even though we've been moving up.

It's been STL, LA, DAL, CHI repeat lol

Actually I think SJ might have been below us when we lost to them, but I have a hard time adding them to a list that include CBJ, CAR, TOR etc

IceRat

#BallsOutTheDoor
Mar 4, 2011

agree .... so the solution if obviously to pull the goalie during the first few minutes of the 1st :sarcasm:

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

We need to play every game the way we played against Nashville that one game. We need that effort always.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad