GDT: Game 53: Avs vs Hawks | 7 PM MT | February 2, 2016 | Never Mind About the Party

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland

NG1g1DU.jpg
tKwd3rf.jpg

GJUF4dS.jpg
Yx0S1C6.jpg

OkB0EzU.jpg
EPP816U.jpg

lUQkczX.jpg
mBcih3c.jpg

Somebody's ready for the Stadium Series:
CaOsma_WYAAsxdp.jpg

The party is over.

Varly is backing up Pickard. Will has been sent down.​

Last edited:

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Who ends the game on the top line with MacK & Duchene?

Iginla
Tanguay
Grigorenko

Roy said something about rotating Iginla and Tanguay there in his presser, so it's pretty much a lock that Tanguay will go back if Iginla forgets his walker at home.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Anyone else not like the new Standings page on NHL.com?

Division identifiers are gone, no ability to click on the teams and see the next 5 games or whatever. It looks like an advanced stats page IMO. Might as well have left off the team logos as well. Bland as ****...

They completely took the ease of being able to look at one line and see everything you need and threw it out the window.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Anyone else not like the new Standings page on NHL.com?

Division identifiers are gone, no ability to click on the teams and see the next 5 games or whatever. It looks like an advanced stats page IMO. Might as well have left off the team logos as well. Bland as ****...

They completely took the ease of being able to look at one line and see everything you need and threw it out the window.

Ya, the other standings have a vertical sorting thing but in the Wild Card standings there isn't, and a vertical line at the points would help a lot. I don't know why they don't have one there...

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Ya, the other standings have a vertical sorting thing but in the Wild Card standings there isn't, and a vertical line at the points would help a lot. I don't know why they don't have one there...

Yeah but when you mouse over the page, it highlights the entire line in blue isn't that cool? lol

Didn't see that one, but that's annoying as well. I personally can't break myself from using the conference page though. I still feel like those are the 'real' standings. :rant:

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
It shocks me how far ahead Kane is in scoring on that team. He has a 27 point gap on Panarin. When's the last time that big of a gap occurred on a team?

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Ahh more THN gold, http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/a...after-back-surgery-could-miss-rest-of-season/

Given Colorado’s defensive depth, Avalanche GM Joe Sakic was already likely looking at potential options on the blueline, but his team’s need for defensive help may be more desperate than he thought as it appears Colorado will be without Brad Stuart for the foreseeable future.

He was a steady second-pairing blueliner for Colorado last season, but had been largely unavailable to the Avalanche this season.

Was he really our second pairing defender last year? I thought that was Guenin?

They do get one thing right,

The best bet is that Colorado would, if anything, look at bottom-pairing blueliners that can potentially be cost-effective, meaning Sakic can acquire help without mortgaging his club’s future.

I also wouldn't say Bigras has been part of the revolving door on defense considering he has not been taken out since he was put into the lineup, but whatever.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Kane has that big of a lead on everyone else, just one of those years.

Yeah that's a good one. This is what I mean by not watching one single game. It's also gone completely unnoticed by the media that Bigras is actually on the team, not one person has mentioned it. He's not playing a large role but anyone should be able to grasp 20 year old, 2rd round pick playing in the NHL as something worth mentioning. Naming him in the revolving door of crap is just ignorant too.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Hopefully the mini break was good for EJ and he gets back on track. I don't know if it was the injury/illness/rust but he was really bad in the last two games. Improved vs the Kings but still nowhere near what's expected from him.

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
Yeah that's a good one. This is what I mean by not watching one single game. It's also gone completely unnoticed by the media that Bigras is actually on the team, not one person has mentioned it. He's not playing a large role but anyone should be able to grasp 20 year old, 2rd round pick playing in the NHL as something worth mentioning.

Any team similar to us (smaller american market) is gonna get the shaft when it comes to national media coverage. If Bigras was playing on the Caroline Hurricanes we wouldn't hear a lick about it either. The Mainstream media doesnt care about teams like us unless it serves to push an agenda (corsi) or is related to another team (Duchene trade rumours). We just have to accept it. Now it would be nice if our local coverage could learn to be competent but that's a whole other issue.

BK Avs

Nov 29, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
FWIW, the Avs official site preview for the game has Varly backing up Picks. Has Will been sent down? Varly's trial should end today, so he should be able to make it the Can to put on a baseball cap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad