Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
very Knies

5198aac8f04c105379617199e0b9665b.gif

more hockey

Krieger Bot

Apr 30, 2007
Alright Yakov, that's the one playoff goal you can have. Now back to checking and defense. Don't want you inflating the AAV on your next contract too much. Want you at a nice, reasonable price for the Sabres this summer.

Last edited:
Reactions: MOGlLNY

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Man, Boston looked like ass from what I saw. Almost like they thought it'd be a cakewalk because the Leafs were so banged up. That loss could come back to bite them this series.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
After all the hype, nice to see Knies actually do something.

Ya, but that was also the most obvious play I’ve ever seen. I give credit to Tavares for successfully charging the net, goalie probably shoulda had the deflection off the side of the net, but yes, Knies found the goal scoring area.

I only half watched, does Marner still look like ass?

Glad there’s more of this series, it’s my favorite rivalry, currently, but I hope Matthews doesn’t force anything. Also, if I’m a Toronto fan I absolutely have conspiracy theories about this. Some sorta Havana syndrome targeted at Nylander, and someone messed with Matthews’ food. I have absolutely no evidence and am completely joking, but I suspect Paul Marner secretly grew up in Boston and is a sleeper agent.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Leafs survive for another day.
It's a tough choice. On one hand, the humiliation of Leaf nation going out yet once again (a) in the first round and (b) at the hands of the Bruins, OR watching the mighty Bruin's fall to the Leafs in 7 games after leading 3-1.

I'm torn. There is no scenario where two division rivals are both humiliated.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
very Knies

5198aac8f04c105379617199e0b9665b.gif

more hockey
i cringed so hard i think i pulled muscles in my face and now i am perpetually grimacing.

It's a tough choice. On one hand, the humiliation of Leaf nation going out yet once again (a) in the first round and (b) at the hands of the Bruins, OR watching the mighty Bruin's fall to the Leafs in 7 games after leading 3-1.

I'm torn. There is no scenario where two division rivals are both humiliated.
for me, it's always the leafs failing. Bruins have been so successful that one bad year wouldn't be much of a black eye. Or a crushing loss like that would be moved on from, fairly quickly. But the leafs continual failure is just a chef's kiss for me. The bruins need to hurry up and close the deal though because i am feeling dirtier every game i have to root for them.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
for me, it's always the leafs failing. Bruins have been so successful that one bad year wouldn't be much of a black eye. Or a crushing loss like that would be moved on from, fairly quickly. But the leafs continual failure is just a chef's kiss for me. The bruins need to hurry up and close the deal though because i am feeling dirtier every game i have to root for them.
I live in Boston. So I have a particular schadenfreude when NE teams underperform.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Man, Boston looked like ass from what I saw. Almost like they thought it'd be a cakewalk because the Leafs were so banged up. That loss could come back to bite them this series.

They aren't without their own ghosts haunting them, especially in Game Fives.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

I’m happy with the Ruff hire but it’s going to be gutting if RBA actually hits the open market.
Why would he want to go to the worst tire fire of an organization in hockey history when he can get any job he wants and name his price? Why would it not end up another Babcock situation where he strings us along to get the deal from the team he actually wants to be with? He's friends with Kevyn? He's also friends with the Seattle GM whose going to offer him whatever he wants.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Why would he want to go to the worst tire fire of an organization in hockey history when he can get any job he wants and name his price? Why would it not end up another Babcock situation where he strings us along to get the deal from the team he actually wants to be with? He's friends with Kevyn? He's also friends with the Seattle GM whose going to offer him whatever he wants.

I would wonder why he'd want to work for a GM he knows who has been to the playoffs once in 8 years in that position.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad