Series Talk: ECSF: New York Rangers vs. Carolina Hurricanes (NYR Lead 3-2)

Who wins in how many games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
Steel sharpens Steel… that’s what I’m hoping anyway from the 1st round. NYI put up a battle and Cabes came out on top but I think it was somewhat eye opening and a good way for them to start off the playoffs. Even with injuries they should know what to do to make it through NYR.

Losing Fast and Pesce for the round is a tough one but it’s the playoffs and injuries happen. It’s not like Slavin and Aho going down so use it to ignite the team not as an excuse.

I don’t even care if we get swept in the ECF again just beat the Rangers please
Canes have that little brother Islanders/Devils mentality? I don't even care if we lose later as long as we beat the Rangers! Such a weird thing for a fan to say.

I want to see the Rangers win the cup. Winning this series and losing one of the next two.....wouldn't make me happy.

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
Canes could pull it off, but still think Florida -vs- Rangers in ECF.
  • Just hope we NHL fans get better series during 2nd round.
  • In 1st rd, there were close games, series closer than results showed, but playoff excitement comes from....... Series wins -vs- Series loses being neck & neck and game 7's always help matters (Accept for fans involved, their nerves are shot by this point)
  • Canes will surely need new offensive additions + existing scorers = Way better odds coming out ahead during those all important game/series swing moments.
  • Both NHL clubs have been knocking at "Cups" door, and deserve playoff glory to happen, but.....
  • "There can be only one!" and even immortals have to live by this code.
Good luck to both fan-bases, hope series stays injury free, and we get money's worth.

Brad Meador

May 5, 2019
Knowing that the Devils beat the Rangers last year in 7 games just shows anything can happen in the playoffs.

I do not see a sweep this series.

The Caps were an easy out for the Rangers. The Isles were very pesky.

A lot of fans underestimated the Islanders and are saying the Hurricanes got lucky and blah, blah, blah, The Isles were the hottest team in the league coming into the playoffs and Carolina stopped them cold and the only loss was in double overtime.

The Isles played tough, and did not quit but our goalie made the saves he needed too and our talent came through. We had a tough time with the Isles last season too.

Got a lot of respect for the Islanders in the playoffs.

The point is; Carolina won.

I have faith PK will improve next round.

I'm not going to predict a winner but I do think it will go at least 6. It went 7 2 years ago.

And all games played between NY this season were 1 goal games with exception of Carolina's blowout game in NY.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Canes have that little brother Islanders/Devils mentality? I don't even care if we lose later as long as we beat the Rangers! Such a weird thing for a fan to say.

I want to see the Rangers win the cup. Winning this series and losing one of the next two.....wouldn't make me happy.
I mean, it wouldn't make me happy to lose the next round but I would prefer to win this round and then lose rather than lose this round... I think that would check out for most people. I find Rangers fans on this forum to be pretty dreadful to interact with so, yes, winning this round and seeing the saltiness that comes from it would be quite enjoyable.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Brad Meador

May 5, 2019
Just like the Ranger series if Carolina makes it that far that will be another series for the ages. Another game like the buffalo vs Carolina ECF in 2006 when Buffalo was REALLY good.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Brad Meador

May 5, 2019
I had canes and panthers in 3d round since before the playoffs. Canes in 5 or 6.

Just like the Ranger series if Carolina makes it that far that will be another series for the ages. Another game like the buffalo vs Carolina ECF in 2006 when Buffalo was REALLY good.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Rangers need to improve lots and i think they will.
Coaching, overall all around play and PP will be the factors in this series.
Rangers in 5.

I don't see Hurricanes giving much challenge for the Rangers.
I think Rangers went to the Caps series and thought easy peacy W
and didn't give 100%, this time its serious business for them.

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
But what if Rempe hits Chytil in practice?
This will cause an inversion of the space tome continuum in which we will arrive in a new reality where Rempe is the overlord of the North American Hegemony, ruling as a despot over all humanity.

Andersen shows up, Canes in 6. He doesn't, NYR in 6
I still take shesty ten times out of ten over andersen

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
This series is going 7 games. Normally I would have favored Carolina, but it is going to depend on how many healthy players they have left by game 7.

I know a lot of people laugh at the thought of Rempe having an impact on the series, but consider that he managed to injure 3 Caps in only 4 games. If he plays all 7 games that could mean as many as 5 injured Canes.
Didn’t you write like 25 paragraphs about why the caps would win in 5?

Reactions: Captain Lindy

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
Steel sharpens Steel… that’s what I’m hoping anyway from the 1st round. NYI put up a battle and Cabes came out on top but I think it was somewhat eye opening and a good way for them to start off the playoffs. Even with injuries they should know what to do to make it through NYR.

Losing Fast and Pesce for the round is a tough one but it’s the playoffs and injuries happen. It’s not like Slavin and Aho going down so use it to ignite the team not as an excuse.

I don’t even care if we get swept in the ECF again just beat the Rangers please

Was with you GIN ANTONIC until Bold part at end....

Have to agree with some of what Cuckoo4Kakko posted about last bold part. Was surprised to read this at end and had to chime in to see what caused that? Nothing personal here but just trying to understand mind-set. Can understand how fans feeling towards team/player could skew things somewhat, but not to point of accepting losing "The Prize". Just so ones favorite team can win against battle -vs- certain team, player, or whatnot.

This whole scenario reminds me of Auburn footballs behavior towards Bama football: Auburn live for that game 24/7 > 365 days year, it's their Superbowl, etc. Auburn can have their world crumbing or burning around them, but.... that's all OK, if they just beat Bama!!! Bama football has always had eyes on bigger prizes rather than just winning certain battles. Auburn is just a step on Bama's staircase to greatness!!! Two completely different mind-sets & culture = Two completely different history's

That's a "Champion": mind-set, having this helps create winning culture for players, coaches, and fans alike. X's & O's, stats, etc are interesting to me but mental part of sports is what intrigues me most. That's why your "Quote" caught my attention over others. Just having difficult time understanding this mind-set because one should not be happy winning individual battle, but OK with that, if it means losing war. Penny-wise and Dollar-foolish it is.... Maybe some NHL clubs are taking loved ones, and holding them hostage, like one would see during real war Thus, causing series-battles to become more important than the playoff-war for some. Are Boston/Leafs capturing Canes fans loved ones, and we're all not aware these events? j/k

Last edited:
Reactions: Tofveve

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
I mean, it wouldn't make me happy to lose the next round but I would prefer to win this round and then lose rather than lose this round... I think that would check out for most people. I find Rangers fans on this forum to be pretty dreadful to interact with so, yes, winning this round and seeing the saltiness that comes from it would be quite enjoyable.
I mean, Canes fans on twitter are the worst hockey people bar none. 9/11 comments. Going after players wives. Weird stuff.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I’ve enjoyed you generally on here but i have to roast that take a little but.

“New evidence indicates hot goalies can make a difference in tight games, more at 11.”

Ya, I mean that's what I basically meant anyway so fair game to roast lol. Maybe more important than the goalie matchup which leans NYR is probably for Carolina to keep it 5v5.

Reactions: HolyHagelin

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
The rangers have the horsepower to handle the Canes. Feel Shesty blows it for the guys from the big city. Canes will be looking over their collective shoulders for the #73 freight train who will make an impact, but in the end my spider sense says Shesty blows it this series.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad