GDT: Game 53: Avalanche @ Capitals - Coming in From the Cold? - 5PM MT

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
You know how McNabb and Moser do the player we love segment during games, I think they should start doing player we hate dedicated to the player responsible for each loss. Tonight's player we hate would have been Ian freakin Cole

Reactions: klozge

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
We did not deserve to go to overtime. Varly got a lot of love from the refs to make up for some very critical errors. The score could have easily been 6-3 (also known as the Avalanche Special).

Our goaltenders have more leaks than the Trump White House. Embarrassing.

Reactions: MacBradley

HartKinnon

Nov 25, 2010
Can't blame either Barrie or Mikko on that last goal, I didn't realise it at the time, but Orlov shoves Tyson into him. Lol.

What were they doing behind the net in 3 on 3 hockey?

This team's situational awareness sucks and it is showing especially in overtime situations.

Also how long was that MacKinnon's last shift? Dude was hemmed down in dzone with Girard and Gabe but instead of going for a change he decided to stay an had a nice view on a game winner.

HartKinnon

Nov 25, 2010
Varlamov's rebound control was crap, and the third goal (Tom Wilson high shot wide, which Varly swatted into his own net with his blocker while down on his knees) had no business going in, but for the first time in months he actually looked like the real Varlamov. I'm hoping whatever was ailing him is in the past.

That shot was a knuckleball and Varly didn't have time to set himself for the shot because he had slide from post to post. If the that shot had a normal upward trajectory it would have hit Varly's blocker but now it bounced in. Kind of soft but not the weakest one we have seen in the recent stretch.

Reactions: klozge

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
I wish someone could unravel the mystery of why our goaltending suddenly went down the toilet.

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
This was like a bad game of the good version of the Avs. I take it gladly at this point. I also hope this game gave Varly some confidence. He gave up way too many rebounds and needed the help of the refs but he made some great saves, was good in the third period and helped the team come back and gain a point. To hope for a change of our defensive systems (PK included) is probably fruitless at this point of the season, so I guess, this was a good game. I liked the bit I saw of Greer. Hopefully he gets to play more but knowing Bednar he'll probably get sent down today.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
I don’t know how hard Cole actually got Kuznetsov but could he have made it more obvious? That was so stupid. He slows down and flares up his elbow. There was nothing subtle about it. And then he got the ass kicking of a lifetime.

Ian Cole is a f***ing dumbass.

I guess if you can't play hockey, might as well be a thug, right??

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
LMAO just saw the Caps 3rd goal for the first time...

What in the world is Varly even thinking on that goal. It's truly remarkable that the Avs got a point tonight when you have your goalie letting in **** like that in a 1 goal game 30 seconds into the 3rd period. Like amazing really.
You might want to watch it again. Varly had no chance to save that.

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia
I love how the Caps fans thought that that was an obvious offside. Meanwhile back in Denver, Josh Anderson is still trying to tag up.

Reactions: HartKinnon

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Parkkila deserves some blame as well. Both goaltenders have completely broken down and are playing the worst hockey of their careers. Not a chance this would happen under a better goalie coach, Mitch Korn would probably have them looking like world beaters.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I don’t know how hard Cole actually got Kuznetsov but could he have made it more obvious? That was so stupid. He slows down and flares up his elbow. There was nothing subtle about it. And then he got the ass kicking of a lifetime.

So I'm not sure there are many players in the league I despise more than tom wilson but I was happy to see Ian Cole get his ass kicked. Fully deserved and maybe it will knock some sense into him.

What a MORONIC play to hit Kuznetsov like that in a 3-2 game in the 3rd period away from the play. It just goes to show how far this guys head is at rather than focus on the task at hand. The hit against Calgary also cost us that game and it just wasn't needed at that point in time either.

I don't know how many of you watched the Washington broadcast (NHL Center Ice) but they said that Ian Cole leads the league in holding and hooking penalties.

But by all means, Bednar & Pratt - make sure this fool doesn't miss a shift. :thumbu: :shakehead

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
So I'm not sure there are many players in the league I despise more than tom wilson but I was happy to see Ian Cole get his ass kicked. Fully deserved and maybe it will knock some sense into him.

What a MORONIC play to hit Kuznetsov like that in a 3-2 game in the 3rd period away from the play. It just goes to show how far this guys head is at rather than focus on the task at hand. The hit against Calgary also cost us that game and it just wasn't needed at that point in time either.

I don't know how many of you watched the Washington broadcast (NHL Center Ice) but they said that Ian Cole leads the league in holding and hooking penalties.

But by all means, Bednar & Pratt - make sure this fool doesn't miss a shift. :thumbu: :shakehead
The hit at Calgary was clean as a whistle and the penalty (5+) was the worst call i've seen all season. Yesterday tho ... that's a different story.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad