Post-Game Talk: GAME 53 - A PERFECT END TO A PERFECT DAY - BRUINS 3 Islanders 1 FINAL

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Loved this moment: Chara lifted up Bergy in a special post game hug

full
and BIB Z skated over to the bench with Bergy's feet not touching the ice.

Just in. I haven't read through the GDT yet. I am such a sap but all of the love at the end of the game warmed my heart. There were so many hugs after the game and watching Z pick up Bergy and carry him over to the bench was so cool.

Brad and Pasta were so happy when Bergy got the first goal.

I thought Nordy had a very good game. Poor kid got nailed by the puck a few times in the third.

Oh and Barzel is a little puke. mouthing off to the B's bench and behaving like a little brat.

It was a good night

Last edited:

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Oh and Barzel is a little puke. mouthing off to the B's bench and behaving like a little brat.

It was a good night

I noticed that. Marchand had some words to say about him that had the reporters laughing. Islanders fans don't seem very happy with his game tonight, especially with his lackluster effort leading up to the empty netter.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I liked the Chara - Carlo pairing , not sure why Cassidy would consider sitting Chara tomorrow night when Chara appears to be getting his groove back . Pasta has been fighting the puck the last couple of games in my opinion but Rask has been rock solid .

Reactions: Pomee

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I’ll have to complain to my daughter for not having the foresight to get my son and I tickets for his birthday for this game instead of the Flyers game last week :sarcasm:
I forget which game they mentioned Bergeron closing in on 1K, he might been around 985/990, so I mapped it out, and prayed he didn't miss any time.

Reactions: Chief Nine

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
This is from the GDT "or the clown that just tossed what looked like a lacrosse ball from section 318, just to let you know it hit a fan in the face the opposite side of the rink."

The guy in the row behind us got hit (hard) in the face by a real baseball. I don't know who threw it but whoever did is a vile ass.

Reactions: BMC and Sevendust

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
This is from the GDT "or the clown that just tossed what looked like a lacrosse ball from section 318, just to let you know it hit a fan in the face the opposite side of the rink."

The guy in the row behind us got hit (hard) in the face by a real baseball. I don't know who threw it but whoever did is a vile ass.
That sucks. They managed to be able to find the dude that used the laser against Brady, wonder if the Garden security folks will be able to figure out where the baseball came from.

Reactions: BMC and Ladyfan

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Weird how the game overall really wasn’t great.

But between the Patriots coming out into the ice (and getting a deafening ovation), the celebration for Tuukka, the celebration for Bergeron, and the finish with Pasta drop passing to him...what a special day.

Sometimes it’s hard to grasp how amazing this town’s present sports scene is, but this game and the events within it, really did bring it to life.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Weird how the game overall really wasn’t great.

But between the Patriots coming out into the ice (and getting a deafening ovation), the celebration for Tuukka, the celebration for Bergeron, and the finish with Pasta drop passing to him...what a special day.

Sometimes it’s hard to grasp how amazing this town’s present sports scene is, but this game and the events within it, really did bring it to life.
I'm glad they acknowledged Tuukka. He deserved it.

The Bruins are the only Boston team I like. They can drive me absolutely crazy, and they did in this game, but the Bergeron/Pasta/Chara stuff was awesome and is a big part of what I love about sports.

Also shout out to Nordy for the shot blocks. That is no small deal after just coming back from a busted leg.

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
Bruins are ahead of Pittsburgh by 3 and Washington 1 point but trail both in Conference Standings .Bettman knows money not the game.Them teams would have homeice vs Bruins if they met in later rounds if it ended today.JUST WRONG.
Despise the playoff system and have for years

Reactions: nfld77

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
Really nice thing Pastrnak did, giving Bergy the emptynetter even though he's fighting for the Nhl's goals lead.

I dunno if this was already suggested by anyone but when they have the ceremony for Bergeron on his 1000th game Saturday against Kings, what would be really cool is if Chara did something similar to what Bourque did for Espo. Have a new jersey for Bergeron with the "C" on it. All Chara needs is permission from Coaches and Management to do so. They can then help to arrange it. Chara is really up there in age, he loves and respects Bergy like everyone else, it wouldn't surprise me if this actually happened.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Really nice thing Pastrnak did, giving Bergy the emptynetter even though he's fighting for the Nhl's goals lead.

I dunno if this was already suggested by anyone but when they have the ceremony for Bergeron on his 1000th game Saturday against Kings, what would be really cool is if Chara did something similar to what Bourque did for Espo. Have a new jersey for Bergeron with the "C" on it. All Chara needs is permission from Coaches and Management to do so. They can then help to arrange it. Chara is really up there in age, he loves and respects Bergy like everyone else, it wouldn't surprise me if this actually happened.
I can't see Chara without the C before he's finished, but if it happened this would be an incredible way to do it and an incredible moment.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

I can guarantee you the person who would oppose the idea the most would be Bergeron.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad