Post-Game Talk: GAME 53 - A PERFECT END TO A PERFECT DAY - BRUINS 3 Islanders 1 FINAL

SoldiersOfFilth

Hamildone with Neely
Dec 28, 2013
Near Olympia
Oh and Barzel is a little puke. mouthing off to the B's bench and behaving like a little brat.
What a shame he acted that way. I got to see him play more times than I can count, and met him a few times up here in Seattle, and always seemed like such a nice kid. Intense, but respectful. And kinda quiet too. Maybe the coaching staff is trying to get him to he more vocal and active and that's how he's interpreting it?

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
Islanders are much better team than last year. I think after they will add a piece or two they can make some noise in the playoffs.
Props to Cassidy for swapping McAvoy and Carlo. Chara - Carlo and McAvoy - Grzelcyk pairing just works better.
PP is still lacking the urgency. The zone entry is a pure trash, sometimes up to 1 min to set up an umbrella formation.

Last edited:

Ned Bouhalassa

Mar 2, 2008
Montreal
Loved the win on Bergie’s 1000th!

I only have one question: why is Backes on the 2nd unit of the power play? I don’t see him adding a thing.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
sports262019.png

Reactions: Fenway and Ladyfan

mmk

Sep 5, 2014
Cellys gotta shoot more but I really like his game overall. He’s great at making strong possession plays in the o-zone, which is perfect for Krech. The points will come for that line, I’m confident.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I noticed that. Marchand had some words to say about him that had the reporters laughing. Islanders fans don't seem very happy with his game tonight, especially with his lackluster effort leading up to the empty netter.

He's the definition of a skill perimeter player. Reminds me of Samsonov.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
Both Kuraly and Acciari had more icetime than Bergy tonight. Wagner missed beating Bergy out by 10 seconds.

The 4th line did an unbelievable job last night of matching up with the Islanders top line. Lee and Nelson and big physical players that grind as well, to be able to relieve Bergy-Pasta-Marchand of having to match up against them all night is huge.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
It's crazy when you look at the standing and realize that this team is only behind Montreal by one point for third in the conference...

But both Washington and Pittsburgh hover around the same amount of points that Boston has, essentially. Is that a sign that the Atlantic just has some solid teams, or that the the Metropolitan just has some really talented teams that just keep beating each other?

Boston's still in this playoffs race. I think they can make it. What condition they'll all be in by the time they make it though, I have no idea

Reactions: Ladyfan

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
It's crazy when you look at the standing and realize that this team is only behind Montreal by one point for third in the conference...

But both Washington and Pittsburgh hover around the same amount of points that Boston has, essentially. Is that a sign that the Atlantic just has some solid teams, or that the the Metropolitan just has some really talented teams that just keep beating each other?

Boston's still in this playoffs race. I think they can make it. What condition they'll all be in by the time they make it though, I have no idea
I still think there best option is to play Toronto. Try and get that 3rd spot in the Atlantic ( Leafs will likely get the 2nd spot ) . I’m not overly concerned with home ice against the Leafs . Don’t want to open up the playoffs facing Tampa or Washington.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Honestly i'm of the opinion that it doesn't matter who they face this year - if they don't get some help up front with the forwards, they're not moving past the first round. That's been obvious for awhile now. I would rather see them one and done in the playoffs though than miss out entirely

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
The 4th line did an unbelievable job last night of matching up with the Islanders top line. Lee and Nelson and big physical players that grind as well, to be able to relieve Bergy-Pasta-Marchand of having to match up against them all night is huge.

Totally agree...love this by Cassidy.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

Many teams including Toronto still in a playoff race. Crazy. A key injury or 2 to any team can erase everything.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Honestly i'm of the opinion that it doesn't matter who they face this year - if they don't get some help up front with the forwards, they're not moving past the first round. That's been obvious for awhile now. I would rather see them one and done in the playoffs though than miss out entirely

The Bruins are basically a Top 5 Defense (sit 3rd overall in GAA) and a Bottom 5 offense (27th in shooting %, 27th in even-strength goals, 22nd in Goals for per game at 2.868 and only marginally better than the Blues who sit, you guessed it, 27th with 2.863).

As good defensively this team has been, I don't see how they go very far without a pretty significant upgrade in their offense. And I don't think adding just one more quality forward will do it.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
The Bruins are basically a Top 5 Defense (sit 3rd overall in GAA) and a Bottom 5 offense (27th in shooting %, 27th in even-strength goals, 22nd in Goals for per game at 2.868 and only marginally better than the Blues who sit, you guessed it, 27th with 2.863).

As good defensively this team has been, I don't see how they go very far without a pretty significant upgrade in their offense. And I don't think adding just one more quality forward will do it.
Just beat the Leafs in the first round and I don’t care if Tampa rolls over them 4 straight.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I will be impressed if in a couple of weeks the Habs are still ahead of the Bruins . They play : Winnipeg , Toronto, Nashville ( twice ) and Tampa in their next 5 games . Bruins have easier competition but then again that doesn’t mean a whole lot for the Bruins .

Losing Byron hurts a little...They beat a very bad ducks team last night.

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
came on here expecting a bunch of backes bashing, but was surprised not to read much.. he was atrocious last night and yet got rewarded with a couple second line shifts after cehlariks terrible turnover... im sorry but the timer has gone off, backes is done. if you are going to put him on the second power play at least park him in front of the net. hes too slow to be the pivot man.. glad to get the two points.. but can we please get some type of game plan when in the offensive zone, the pass back to the blue line and slap it is very claude like .. puck never seems to go the middle of the ozone

Reactions: LouisSleigher

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->