Post-Game Talk: GAME 53 - A PERFECT END TO A PERFECT DAY - BRUINS 3 Islanders 1 FINAL

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
great to hear, I`ve been close to the ice more than a few times at the TD unfortunately it was during the pre-Chia/Julian years where fans were dressed up as empty seats and the team was horrific
Only time I've had on the glass seats was years ago at the last home game for the Thrashers in their inaugural season.

Carolina Hurricanes at Atlanta Thrashers Box Score — April 8, 2000 | Hockey-Reference.com

We got there for warmups and our seats were in the corner. The first time a guy took a shot it hit the boards right in front of us and I almost jumped out of my seat because it was so much louder than I expected. It was a cool one-time experience, but to actually watch the game I'd rather be a few rows higher up.

Somewhere I have pics of noted Hurricane Paul Coffey and Thrasher Ray Ferraro. :laugh:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Only time I've had on the glass seats was years ago at the last home game for the Thrashers in their inaugural season.

Carolina Hurricanes at Atlanta Thrashers Box Score — April 8, 2000 | Hockey-Reference.com

We got there for warmups and our seats were in the corner. The first time a guy took a shot it hit the boards right in front of us and I almost jumped out of my seat because it was so much louder than I expected. It was a cool one-time experience, but to actually watch the game I'd rather be a few rows higher up.

Somewhere I have pics of noted Hurricane Paul Coffey and Thrasher Ray Ferraro. :laugh:
classic, only been by the glass a few times in Halifax for Junior action, it`s so fast and the sounds you get sitting there that you don`t elsewhere is insane. Hope you had fun

Reactions: Bruinaura

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
classic, only been by the glass a few times in Halifax for Junior action, it`s so fast and the sounds you get sitting there that you don`t elsewhere is insane. Hope you had fun
I did. My brother, not so much... some woman dumped her beer all over him when she jumped up to try to grab a puck that went over the glass o_O

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
That was a magical night! Bergy is amazing in many ways and is so loved by the team and coach, as well as the fans. Pasta giving him the puck for the empty netter made me teary eyed, then Chara picking him up....lol Another sweet memory for us Bruins fans. The experience for the young players is valuable as well. They are lucky to call Bergy their teammate and hope they learn by example. Definitely a team building night!

Reactions: Ladyfan

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018

I have sat the second row up from the glass when I lived in Tampa. It was a Bruins game and I was right next to the Bruins bench. I was close enough to touch Tim Thomas's shoulder. The game was a terrible game since they lost 6-1 but it was a cool experience.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Good win for you guys - Bergeron is a great player and the unselfish play on the empty-netter was nice to see (well, not "nice" - if you know what I mean).

Anyway, I had to laugh at Anders Lee during the ceremonial faceoff. He was an elite HS football player in Minnesota and might've played Division I if he hadn't chosen hockey. He looked like a kid in a candy store.

And as much as I'd love to see the Isles beat the Leafs in the playoffs, will be more than happy to see you guys do it (it'll be the full "Ich Bin Ein Bruiner" during that series for pretty much anyone not from TOR, but especially for NYI fans).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad