Post-Game Talk: GAME 53 - A PERFECT END TO A PERFECT DAY - BRUINS 3 Islanders 1 FINAL

EvilElf63

Mar 27, 2012
Catskills
I will be impressed if in a couple of weeks the Habs are still ahead of the Bruins . They play : Winnipeg , Toronto, Nashville ( twice ) and Tampa in their next 5 games . Bruins have easier competition but then again that doesn’t mean a whole lot for the Bruins .
Rangers, Kings, Blackhawks, and Kings (again) need to result in 8 points.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
came on here expecting a bunch of backes bashing, but was surprised not to read much.. he was atrocious last night and yet got rewarded with a couple second line shifts after cehlariks terrible turnover... im sorry but the timer has gone off, backes is done. if you are going to put him on the second power play at least park him in front of the net. hes too slow to be the pivot man.. glad to get the two points.. but can we please get some type of game plan when in the offensive zone, the pass back to the blue line and slap it is very claude like .. puck never seems to go the middle of the ozone

He was certainly and deservedly bashed live time.

Reactions: BMC

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
I liked the Chara - Carlo pairing , not sure why Cassidy would consider sitting Chara tomorrow night when Chara appears to be getting his groove back . Pasta has been fighting the puck the last couple of games in my opinion but Rask has been rock solid .

Carlo has been the best D on the ice the last two games. He's a fantastic shutdown guy and has turned into someone who is going to be a solid defenseman in the NHL for many years.

Sitting Chara in a back-to-back is a long-term move. He's in incredible shape, but he's still on the north side of 40 and it's best to keep him fresh for the playoffs.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Beat'em by a skate blade, literally, and for once the Bruins didn't fire a coach on the day of a Patriots parade.

Given that the Bruins have had 2 coaches over the last 11 seasons, I don't think them firing anyone on parade happened with much regularity...:laugh:

Reactions: BBB24

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Sooner or later the kids are going to have to learn to stand on their own two skates. Better they should learn to do that under somewhat controlled circumstances.
Good point.

If we were winning games like in 08-09 I'd support it but this season we are winning and losing games 2-1, 3-2.... even a few extra losses will have this team shopping for the Brian Rolston types at the deadline hoping to squeak in.

fighterfoo

Time for a change.
Nov 29, 2005
Manchester, NH
Really nice thing Pastrnak did, giving Bergy the emptynetter even though he's fighting for the Nhl's goals lead.

I dunno if this was already suggested by anyone but when they have the ceremony for Bergeron on his 1000th game Saturday against Kings, what would be really cool is if Chara did something similar to what Bourque did for Espo. Have a new jersey for Bergeron with the "C" on it. All Chara needs is permission from Coaches and Management to do so. They can then help to arrange it. Chara is really up there in age, he loves and respects Bergy like everyone else, it wouldn't surprise me if this actually happened.

I think I would cry actual tears if this happened.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Good point.

If we were winning games like in 08-09 I'd support it but this season we are winning and losing games 2-1, 3-2.... even a few extra losses will have this team shopping for the Brian Rolston types at the deadline hoping to squeak in.

This is true too.

But I still think Chara needs to be rested. He's 41 and coming off a knee injury (I don't think he's 100% even though he's been cleared play). I know he hates the idea of sitting out at any time but I hope Cassidy does it. Then again Cassidy has been trying to reduce Chara's minutes since he took over with little success!

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Really nice thing Pastrnak did, giving Bergy the emptynetter even though he's fighting for the Nhl's goals lead.

I dunno if this was already suggested by anyone but when they have the ceremony for Bergeron on his 1000th game Saturday against Kings, what would be really cool is if Chara did something similar to what Bourque did for Espo. Have a new jersey for Bergeron with the "C" on it. All Chara needs is permission from Coaches and Management to do so. They can then help to arrange it. Chara is really up there in age, he loves and respects Bergy like everyone else, it wouldn't surprise me if this actually happened.

I always thought it would be cool if Chara did something like that, but in his final year. When they did player intro's he could come out of the tunnel wearing a Bergeron jersey with a "C" on it and then take it off and hand it to Bergy. Either that or have the "C" on Chara's jersey loosely attached and then have him literally take the "C" off his jersey and give it to Bergy. I'd love to see them transition from Chara to Bergy while both are still on the team though.

Reactions: BMC

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Oh and Barzel is a little puke. mouthing off to the B's bench and behaving like a little brat.
Isles fan, here in peace and hope you have enjoyed Halak so far. Barzal needs to get used to playoff style hockey, when the whistles just are not blown. Guys who can skate with the puck like he can are hooked, held, tripped, and cross-checked every time they touch the puck, and he is getting tired of the constant cheap shots. It is a growing pain, and he will come out of the other side of it. His linemates are invisible, but we are not in the cellar.
Bergeron looked like he missed shutting Pajama Boy down, I hope it did not ruin his night.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Isles fan, here in peace and hope you have enjoyed Halak so far. Barzal needs to get used to playoff style hockey, when the whistles just are not blown. Guys who can skate with the puck like he can are hooked, held, tripped, and cross-checked every time they touch the puck, and he is getting tired of the constant cheap shots. It is a growing pain, and he will come out of the other side of it. His linemates are invisible, but we are not in the cellar.
Bergeron looked like he missed shutting Pajama Boy down, I hope it did not ruin his night.

"Pajama Boy"

I'll be stealing that for heavy use this postseason.

Reactions: Ladyfan and Sheppy

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal
Couldnt watch the game, but i just saw they switched the d pairs and finally had the one i wanted all year long.

How did that went?

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I always thought it would be cool if Chara did something like that, but in his final year. When they did player intro's he could come out of the tunnel wearing a Bergeron jersey with a "C" on it and then take it off and hand it to Bergy. Either that or have the "C" on Chara's jersey loosely attached and then have him literally take the "C" off his jersey and give it to Bergy. I'd love to see them transition from Chara to Bergy while both are still on the team though.
I wouldn't put pressure on Chara to do this, but I too would like to see something like that.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

No one gets cheap shots more than Brad Marchand. Pasta gets many too.

I am sure Barzal will get used to it like other players. He behaved like a brat last night and deserved to be called on it.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I wouldn't put pressure on Chara to do this, but I too would like to see something like that.

Oh 100%, I think it needs to come from Chara. I wouldn't want to see the Bruins pressure him to do it, nor do I think they would.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
No one gets cheap shots more than Brad Marchand. Pasta gets many too.

I am sure Barzal will get used to it like other players. He behaved like a brat last night and deserved to be called on it.

he acted like a young player often does when things aren`t going their way. He has an overflow of skill and is fun to watch but we saw last night, the kid has much to learn about how to be effective when the ice gets smaller vs a team who knows how to play team D.

I`d still take Marner well ahead of Barzal, just love that kid (well, hate em` when playing the B`s) and he really earned my respect last season vs the B`s in that tough 7 gamer, kid just continued to play his game, put pts up and for the most part, shut his mouth and played

Great win for the B`s, Cehlarik finally woke up, haven`t liked his game recently, working hard but his focus when handling the puck wasn`t there, dishing it almost too quickly, passes not as crisp, felt he played with focus last night. Pasta dishing to Bergy for the final goal was the definition of team and respect. Here`s a guy who conceivably could push for 50 goals this season, could have easily just popped one in there but deferred to the man of the hour.

Thought Grizz looked overwhelmed last night, one giveaway he made, think in the 2nd, if it was Moore, would have him upstairs for a month. Tuukka in the zone, just a solid team win on a special day in Boston

Reactions: Ladyfan

Comfort Eagle

Feb 28, 2008
Southeastern,MA
I just wanted to say that after being at the game last night with front row seats, the action that close is absolutely amazing!! I've been a fan since the mid 80's and have been to many games, but there really is nothing like being on the glass! Seeing the size of the players and the skill that goes into the passing and decision making is incredible.

We were directly across the ice from Ladyfan. I'm so grateful to have had this experience with my wife and kids. Once in a lifetime sort of thing for someone like me. Seeing my favorite player scoring twice in his 1000th game and having the Super Bowl Champs in the house (why no Gronk or Brady though, too big time?) just made the whole experience that much better

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I just wanted to say that after being at the game last night with front row seats, the action that close is absolutely amazing!! I've been a fan since the mid 80's and have been to many games, but there really is nothing like being on the glass! Seeing the size of the players and the skill that goes into the passing and decision making is incredible.

We were directly across the ice from Ladyfan. I'm so grateful to have had this experience with my wife and kids. Once in a lifetime sort of thing for someone like me. Seeing my favorite player scoring twice in his 1000th game and having the Super Bowl Champs in the house (why no Gronk or Brady though, too big time?) just made the whole experience that much better

great to hear, I`ve been close to the ice more than a few times at the TD unfortunately it was during the pre-Chia/Julian years where fans were dressed up as empty seats and the team was horrific

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine

Gronk was there two years ago, CE, BUT as Van Noy told NESN, THE team hasn't really relaxed since the game ended, they've been on adrenaline ever since....

as for the seats in the lower bowl... glad you had a good experience, but imagine if you were directly behind either bench, sometimes you can listen to the coaches and/or players talking to each other or to their teammates

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Gronk was there two years ago, CE, BUT as Van Noy told NESN, THE team hasn't really relaxed since the game ended, they've been on adrenaline ever since....

as for the seats in the lower bowl... glad you had a good experience, but imagine if you were directly behind either bench, sometimes you can listen to the coaches and/or players talking to each other or to their teammates
We often hear the players speak to each other. I sat behind the B's in San Jose and Claude was in my way the entire game. ...Not his fault

We can't see the far corner because the B's are in our way but I love my seats.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
We often hear the players speak to each other. I sat behind the B's in San Jose and Claude was in my way the entire game. ...Not his fault

We can't see the far corner because the B's are in our way but I love my seats.
Portland is/was like that if u were directly behind either bench, but especially the home bench

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
In the last 120 mins of hockey the Bruins have scored 4 goals and given up 1 for two wins. These wins came against the defending Stanley Cup champs and the top defensive team in the league, think about that for a minute. People on here want to use small sample sizes to prove their point, well, here is mine. They are playing solid hockey all the while having the younger players grow along the way. Couple of adds and this team will be a threat to any opposition in the playoffs.

Reactions: Alan Ryan

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
In the last 120 mins of hockey the Bruins have scored 4 goals and given up 1 for two wins. These wins came against the defending Stanley Cup champs and the top defensive team in the league, think about that for a minute. People on here want to use small sample sizes to prove their point, well, here is mine. They are playing solid hockey all the while having the younger players grow along the way. Couple of adds and this team will be a threat to any opposition in the playoffs.

Bruins are 9-3-3 in their last 15. They need to fix and work on some things ( like the recent trend of giving up leads ) but they are trending up.

Reactions: BBB24

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad