GDT: Game 52: Blue Jackets @ Avalanche - 7PM - Falling Like the Farenheit

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
I know these guys can't really give "real" answers, but hearing "at some point, we have to figure it out" feels like a kick in the bean bag.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Honestly shocked that there's more post-game bloodlust for Bednar's head than Grub's.

HE HAD A .861 SV%!

NO coach would've changed that. Not Roy. Not Q.
With the control Roy had on the Avalanche roster, I don't think he would have tolerated this tandem for this long. He would've 100% made a change by now. But I get what you're saying.

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
Bednar putting a lot on himself for the offsides goal. I'm not sure anyone can blame him for attempting that challenge, though.

Reactions: MacBradley

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
This team is done, so over this group of losers. How many years of losing does it take to get sick of it?

Clearly the core guys are good with it cause they are quite good at losing.

MacK has checked out, and Rantanen and Landy are showing how crap they are when he isn't carrying them.

Goalies are beyond salvageable.

A perfect example of how little this team cares about winning was summed up by Barrie getting beat down the ice to the empty net when he had a 5 step head start. A team that cares about winning doesn't let that crap happen. They might not win in that scenario, but they aren't going to give up a goal there.

Coach and staff can't fix a thing, point and case the special teams. Haven't adjusted a thing all season, other teams have caught on and adjusted to us and we get killed on special teams every night.

Just a joke, nothing will change until we get players in here that actually want to win. Right now we just watch a bunch of sorry ass losers, lacidasically skating around making junior level errors, collecting fat paychecks.

Reactions: the_fan

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Is Allaire still around? Either we need him full time or we need a new goalie coach. Or a sports psychiatrist for our goalies. Something.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Keefe and Ryker "We have to talk about the elephant in the room".

Goes on to talk about an offside situation and not goaltending. :laugh:

That’s hilarious. No one is touching that topic. Not Sakic, not Bednar, not the players, and not Altitude.

One of these days someone is going to lose it and go off. Pretty sure we all know who that’ll be too. The same guy who was screaming after that fourth goal went in.

AvsFanInMichigan

“Thank you, thank you, thank you!”
Apr 16, 2018
Michigan
I do think the message is clear to sakic that he needs to address issues this offseason to put the team forward to the next level. I believe he will follow through with that and at this point next season we will all be happy campers. Let’s just hope we win the lottery though because if we don’t then lord help us all.

Reactions: Forceberg

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
That’s hilarious. No one is touching that topic. Not Sakic, not Bednar, not the players, and not Altitude.

One of these days someone is going to lose it and go off. Pretty sure we all know who that’ll be too. The same guy who was screaming after that fourth goal went in.
They're probably going to deal with it behind closed doors, we all know that Avs are super private when it comes to criticizing indiviudal players and pinpointing people as the problem. You saw McNab again at his best ability to try and avoid saying anything negative about the players by blaming everything on bounces, plays, and whatever.

I am not trying to defend Grubs, the first two just can't go in, but definitely the breakaway and the fifth goals are not his fault. He also didn't get a lot of help when you're tied going in the third and get outshot 19-5. That's unacceptable even if the goaltending was overall weak in this game.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I do think the message is clear to sakic that he needs to address issues this offseason to put the team forward to the next level. I believe he will follow through with that and at this point next season we will all be happy campers. Let’s just hope we win the lottery though because if we don’t then lord help us all.

Next season Avs will be ready to make the playoffs consistently. Adding all that young talent and an FA will rejuvenate the 2nd line. Also, a chance to flush out Varly and bring in a fresh starter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad