GDT: Game 51: Detroit Red Wings @ Minnesota Wild - 1/22/2020 - 8 PM EST NBCSN

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
His numbers were quite impressive for a kid his age. Most players coming out of the CHL would have had to play another year or 2 in juniors after being drafted before being eligible to play in the A.
I agree with you, but you have to think about it from the perspective of fans (or pundits) who only follow other teams a little, and only focus on exceptional performances. Usually by Canadian players... at the WJC. So Zadina isn't quite on their radar anymore.

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
Zadina has been the best Wing tonight. The kid scored twice, played almost 21 minutes and had 7 shots. They gave all stars in the game to the Wild.

Last edited:

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
Just looked it up: The last time an NHL team had a differential this bad (-90 if this score holds) was the 2016-'17 Avalanche. But there's hope: The following season (2017-'18), Colorado was a wild card team.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Just looked it up: The last time an NHL team had a differential this bad (-90 if this score holds) was the 2016-'17 Avalanche. But there's hope: The following season, 2017-'18, Colorado was a wild card team.
The 16-17 Avalanche already had MacKinnon, Rantanen, and Landeskog, and had Duchene who they traded for the pick that became Makar. We're a long ways off from having that kind of talent.

Gonna be a tough few years.

Reactions: DetroitRed

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
The 16-17 Avalanche already had MacKinnon, Rantanen, and Landeskog, and had Duchene who they traded for the pick that became Makar. We're a long ways off from having that kind of talent.

Gonna be a tough few years.

Yeah. Am I right in thinking that some of those guys they drafted before the lottery rules changed?

Reactions: Acarrier123

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Smith with the no-stick diving hand pass to Biega. He's growing on me.

Yep every game he looks a bit better and hes a junk yard dog out front of the net. Havent seen someone on Detroit dig at a goalie like he was on Zadinas second goal in a long time. I wouldnt mind seeing him play with Helm and Glendening and bump Erne down to see if that line could get something going.

On another note... Could this be the record for most black players in a single NHL game? I think theres 5 in the game right now with Smith, Daley, Bowey, Greenway and Dumba. If that isnt the record it has to be close

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Biega move the puck, had a wide open bert, looks him off and makes everyone stop at the blueline like wake up and head man the puck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad