GDT: Game 51: Detroit Red Wings @ Minnesota Wild - 1/22/2020 - 8 PM EST NBCSN

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
The Wings give up 3.88 goals per game.

Is the solution to get Mantha back and rolling, hoping to score 5 goals a night to win?

Or is the solution to limit the goals against to where you only need 3 goals to win most nights?

I think it's a combination of both but you need to focus on defense first.

Reactions: lilidk

Acarrier123

Jun 28, 2018
Was hoping Zadina would just keep shooting the puck on that last pp to try and get his hat trick.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
- zadina playing great at this stage of career . hustling like crazy every second of every shift , and always dangerous with puck
- really appreciate nemeths grunt work

Reactions: hkydave04

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
I'm behind live a bit and I thought these exact words. lol
How this guy is making the amount of money he is is embarrassing, and even more embarrassing is he is wearing an A on his jersey and is complete garbage. 0 goals on the season how embarrassing, the least he could do is honestly retire and be grateful he stole as much money from this organization as he did.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Silver lining - Rantanen scored 38 pts on a crap Avalanche team during that throwaway year. Zadina will score a similarly minimal amount but has looked very dangerous all season. I believe we have a really great talent in him - as he continues to develop I can definitely see him becoming an elite scorer. A line of Laf-Larkin-Zadina would be incredible to watch.

also want Shane Wright in 2022 if we are still horrid by then

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
Silver lining - Rantanen scored 38 pts on a crap Avalanche team during that throwaway year. Zadina will score a similarly minimal amount but has looked very dangerous all season. I believe we have a really great talent in him - as he continues to develop I can definitely see him becoming an elite scorer. A line of Laf-Larkin-Zadina would be incredible to watch.

also want Shane Wright in 2022 if we are still horrid by then

I think he’s on pace for 25 goals and 47 points over 82 games if my math is right. That’d be a hell of a rookie year for the bust that he is.

Reactions: Mijatovic

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
A cap dump with another term coming back along with a better pick wouldn't be out of the question...
Pittsburgh might be a good fit, both to add depth with a former player and to help them clear salary for another move or two.

And while I'll take a good return from anybody, I'd never object to Yzerman hoodwinking the Penguins.

Last edited:

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
The goal where Howard looks like he lost the rebound, I actually think the initial shot stung him rather than he lost the rebound. He looks like he winces from the shot, split second loss of puck after and in. The goal where Cholowski was coming back slightly late, was on Biega. Cholo was on the left side and the Wild player blew past Biega, and Cholo actually had a good effort to try and get back although Howard should have stopped that one anyway. Still wondering how Perlini is even still up with the team, has 0 goals and provides nothing else, and the bad teammate thing is not an excuse, as most of our other players have at least scored a goal this year, and/or provide something else. Bowey is like hot potato with the puck in our end of the ice, 2 bad "giveaway passes" in the 1st 5 minutes of the game and he of course was himself the rest of the game.

NBC: (Bad at Hockey and it Shows)

Pierre: "Daley would be a tremendous add to any team for their playoffs, cause he won a Cup!" - Umm, what? He would be an add (maybe), that is about the best of it.
Eddie: "Wings have lots of structure!" - My eyes can't do any bigger of an eye roll on this!
Pierre and Eddie: Speaking about Daley for a large amount of time, when he has been brutal this season.
Eddie: Deferring to Pierre for his take on Zadina as if he has no idea who he is, than after Pierre is done speaking says, "The Wings are definitely building around him that is for certain" - .003 seconds ago you had no knowledge on him at all, now it is a certainty on his prospect status because you got a report from Pierre "Stinking" McGuire!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad