GDT: GAME #51: Canucks 2 vs. Hurricanes 5: Hurricane Neddy too much to contain

Pieck

Dec 13, 2017
BC
Good to see that you guys see Gubranson for what he is. I was reading the GDT on another forum and thought I was going insane

Reactions: Pip and geebaan

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
No? He is saying they liked it where you played against divisional teams more. Back when it was 6divisions they'd play one east division home, one away, and one they didn't see that season.

I remember when Crosby hadn't played here for like 6 years or something ridiculous.
I think they were highlighting that yanks appreciate team rivalries more than watching the talent so to speak.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
I never said Gudbrandson was good, he’s not. The Sedins were great players. They also never once stuck up for themselves. At least Gudbrandson tried to stick up for himself on that play.

Those are facts. Deal with it
Cool. Except he didn’t land a shot and ended up making his own team short handed.

Oh boy he sure showed him!

Reactions: geebaan

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
I never said Gudbrandson was good, he’s not. The Sedins were great players. They also never once stuck up for themselves. At least Gudbrandson tried to stick up for himself on that play.

Youre a Canucks fan whose avatar is a picture of slandering the two best players in franchise history.

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
guddy boy:

2rwgpq.jpg

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi

This. Imagine if Guddy went to the ref and complained so vociferously that he got a penalty (like Sedin). I'm sure all his detractors here would cut him some slack...

moog35

Jul 25, 2007
Cool. Except he didn’t land a shot and ended up making his own team short handed.

Oh boy he sure showed him!

He at least tried to get him. The rookie was skating away after throwing a cheap hit. That’s a weasel move. At least own up. Gudbrandson really had no option at that point other than do something suspendable

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
He at least tried to get him. The rookie was skating away after throwing a cheap hit. That’s a weasel move. At least own up. Gudbrandson really had no option at that point other than do something suspendable

well on that note at least he's doing what's best for the team

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Embarrassing effort by the Canucks..I had a feeling that this was going to happen after watching both Carolina games against the Alberta teams..and watching the Canucks steal their last few games.

Defence looked especially bad, but the coverage by the forwards was not good either...Lots of low energy passengers tonight...Solid team loss.

Unfortunate really, because the building looked pretty full ,and the crowd were served up a plonker.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
If there’s any good that guddys done it’s that he dragged Hutton down so badly that Hutton worked his ass off in the last off season with Claude Giroux, and improved quite a bit.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
I think they were highlighting that yanks appreciate team rivalries more than watching the talent so to speak.

Yeah it wouldn't surprise me if they went to something similar after Seattle joined

42 in division

16 east alternate home/away each year.

24 against other division in conference

No cross over in playoffs.

moog35

Jul 25, 2007
Imagine logging into your account to slander the Sedins and defend Erik ****ing Gudbranson

Imagine logging into your account to hate every move your “favourite team” makes and to cheer for them to loose.

Oh wait that’s half of HF Canucks :laugh:

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Hahaha all the hate Gudbrandson is getting for showing some emotion after he got hit from behind :laugh:

Would you rather him pull a Sedin and just take the cheap shot like a little ***** and complain to the ref? :laugh:

I have no problem with him showing emotion. The problem isn't him showing emotion when he gets embarrassed by a rookie. The problem is it highlights he doesn't care about his teammates enough to show any emotion when someone cheapshots them.

Erik Gudbranson doesn't care about the team, he cares about Erik Gudbranson.

Reactions: geebaan and clunk

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Canucks are far too easy to play against, this has been an issue for a long time. Too soft, no push back, very little grit and no team toughness.
Not really..the last few games have been bad, but to say that they've been easy to play against all season is false.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Yeah, hit him right in the shoulder.

Gudbranson was turned towards the boards. Usually, the forward lets up on that play.

Gudbranson fighting kids, pathetic plug.

Even on a dirty hit?

Gudbranson you're such a dumbass. Let the play go and then exact your revenge you peabrain

Here's the thing, where does this leave the Green imposed ruleset?

What Gudbranson does here makes sense for the type of player he is, but it completely confuses the expectation built into the team.

moog35

Jul 25, 2007
You hate the two best player in franchise history, I hate incompetent management and overpaid junk players.

But yeah who's the "real fan"

Huh????
I never said I hated Trevor Linden and Pavel Bure

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad