GDT: GAME #51: Canucks 2 vs. Hurricanes 5: Hurricane Neddy too much to contain

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
I never said Gudbrandson was good, he’s not. The Sedins were great players. They also never once stuck up for themselves. At least Gudbrandson tried to stick up for himself on that play.

Those are facts. Deal with it
Are peole actually upset about that play? That was a chickenshit play by Svechnikov; Guddy could have been seriously hurt there., he did what he needed to do,. Game was well decided by then anyway, where's the beef?

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
Are peole actually upset about that play? That was a chicken**** play by Svechnikov; Guddy could have been seriously hurt there., he did what he needed to do,. Game was well decided by then anyway, where's the beef?

Yeah, I don't have a real problem with Gudbranson there, given the situation.

I have a problem with Jimmy B giving him a 3-year, $12M contract after watching his poor play for two seasons. But that's a separate issue...

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
There are plenty of reasons to hate Gudbranson, but that attempted retaliation was fine.
Normally I wouldn't mind the retaliation. I'm the guy that made the culture thread...

But it's rich that this guy stands up for himself when he gets embarrassed by an 18 year old but doesn't have the balls to step up when his teammates, especially the younger guys, get abused out there.

Some 'culture carrier'.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
There are plenty of reasons to hate Gudbranson, but that attempted retaliation was fine.

Just to add:

Gudbranson gets cheap shot by an 18 year old - OMG he's attacking a kid, Gudbranson sucks!

Petersson gets tangled up and injured by an 18 year old - Kill Kotkaniemi!

Reactions: Zippgunn

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
I have no problem wiggins Gudbranson going after Svech at all. Faulk steps in once again just like with Rousell as Svechnikov and Nino both turtle...

Anyway. We’re pretty much in the same position as the past 3 seasons at the 50 game mark so I’m expecting another lottery pick. We’ve been playing like trash and still getting wins it’s not sustainable.

Reactions: geebaan

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Normally I wouldn't mind the retaliation. I'm the guy that made the culture thread...

But it's rich that this guy stands up for himself when he gets embarrassed by an 18 year old but doesn't have the balls to step up when his teammates, especially the younger guys, get abused out there.

Some 'culture carrier'.
He wasn’t embarrassed by an 18 year old. I’m not defending Gudbranson but it was a dirty hit I had no probably with the retaliation

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I have no problem wiggins Gudbranson going after Svech at all. Faulk steps in once again just like with Rousell as Svechnikov and Nino both turtle...

Anyway. We’re pretty much in the same position as the past 3 seasons at the 50 game mark so I’m expecting another lottery pick. We’ve been playing like trash and still getting wins it’s not sustainable.

Only this time, the Western Conference isn't what it once was.
A rare year where some teams are just meh while the rest pull ahead.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

WonderTwinsUnite

May 28, 2007
BC
He scored as many goals in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals playing with cracked ribs and torn rib cartilage than both Sedins did over their entire 7 game Stanley Cup Finals series.

Honestly, if that's your only criteria for determining the greatness of a player, I'm assuming you also have Thomas Gradin, Stan Smyl, and the illustrious Ivan Boldirev ahead of them as well?

Since none of the Sedins' other statistics, awards, and eventual inductions into the Hall of Fame seem to matter to you.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Honestly, if that's your only criteria for determining the greatness of a player, I'm assuming you also have Thomas Gradin, Stan Smyl, and the illustrious Ivan Boldirev ahead of them as well?

Since none of the Sedins' other statistics, awards, and eventual inductions into the Hall of Fame seem to matter to you.
We shouldn't forget the great Gerry Minor...

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Rumor is there's some interest in both Gudbranson and Sutter out there....Jimbo needs to deal both....it would be addition by subtraction at this point.

After viewing the performance of both guys for the past weeks and months, it's obvious that the Canucks would actually be a better team with Biega and Gaudette in the lineup.

Time for Benning to finally admit the 'foundational players' he thought was getting aren't even able to hold up their own end of the bargain at this point in their careers. Time to cut bait on both.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Our players were so predictable the Canes knew exactly what they were going to do; it was embarrassing. Huge drop off in skill after a few good players, working hard is great but skill is needed throughout the lineup, can’t be a successful team with a bunch of simpletons. Goldobin would’ve been a welcomed addition in this scrambly game with his sneaky short passes. Pouliot & Gudbranson are horrible, something has to be done about this, it’s not an NHL caliber pairing.

Last edited:

shottasasa

Nov 16, 2011
Canada
Yeah, I don't have a real problem with Gudbranson there, given the situation.

I have a problem with Jimmy B giving him a 3-year, $12M contract after watching his poor play for two seasons. But that's a separate issue...

Pretty much this. People are just frustrated as hell with him and his awful play, especially recently. It's really tenuous logic to link him getting pissed after a cheap hit in a blow out game to not taking down players in close games for cheap hits on others. How we see the game as fans is not how it is seen by players on the ice. I hope they can trade him either at the deadline or offseason, he just doesn't work in Green's system, perhaps he'll have more utility in another that doesn't rely on moving the puck so quickly.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017

The fact they came back from a 13 game losing streak is remarkable in itself..(injuries to Edler,Tanev,EP,Beagle,Sutter,Nilsson,Baertschi)...The toughest part of the schedule is over and they're finally healthy..The second half should be fun.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
We shouldn't forget the great Gerry Minor...
Linden got us Todd Bertuzzi, Jarkko Ruutu (indirectly anyhow as he was the guy we selected with the draft pick from the trade), and Bryan McCabe. And Burke was able to turn around and flip one of those assets to get another pick (to draft a Sedin).

So in a sense, Linden > Sedins (or at least one of them).

It's all in the way you want to look at things.:sarcasm:

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad