Post-Game Talk: GAME 51 - BRUINS 4 Vancouver 0

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
My only disappoint was not seeing Rocket Richard. As a fan of the underdogs and speedy players, he fits the bill. Any success would make the habitants look foolish for letting him go. Bring on Tony Dick!!!

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I was kind of hoping the crowd would start chanting LUONGO..for fun.

1707490414664.png

Last edited:

Cam14b

Jan 8, 2018
Great game, I really like 73 when he is in pissed off mode. When he is mixed up in the extracurricular stuff pre and post whistle, the team seems to get fired up. A casual +3 night for him. As a young star in The league, he has earned the right to go after the other team's stars!!

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
A lot of folks questioned the Bruins not practicing on Wednesday after the loss to Calgary. It looks like Montgomery's faith in this team paid off, and it's good to see them have another gear when it comes to needing to play physical. Good win, but I don't expect the Canucks to look as bad when the Bruins play in Vancouver.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
A lot of folks questioned the Bruins not practicing on Wednesday after the loss to Calgary. It looks like Montgomery's faith in this team paid off, and it's good to see them have another gear when it comes to needing to play physical. Good win, but I don't expect the Canucks to look as bad when the Bruins play in Vancouver.
yeah, I trust the coach over some of the posters here.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Love the win, still dont want them to win the Presidents trophy though...
The Presidents trophy winner still has a better win percentage than any other individual position by a healthy margin.

That being said at the start of the year I was looking forward to them being an underdog going into the playoffs with a bit less pressure.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
The CBA mandated that they couldn’t practice Wednesday FYI.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Maybe there is certainly a correlation between playing well and playing well. They played like crap against Calgary, they played well tonight. There are nights they are not physical at all and are dominant
Anyone who has played sports, know you just can't bring it every night. Some times it's an individual, sometimes a few, and sometimes it's the majority of the team. It happens, and you move on. This is the Calgary game.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I remember using dial up to log in to this site

Boston globe sports page box scores are what I grew up on

My 7th grade teacher, who was later a coach of mine, told me I was the only kid in his 20 years teaching that he saw bring in two newspapers every morning.

I’d read the sports pages in homeroom every morning.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
It felt like old times, the arrogance of snubbing Sway's hug fits the culture they have created in Vancouver. Sway was eloquent enough to let Demko off the hook later but it is as plain as day that it was a snub and nothing else. The media attention it got was what made Demko pretend he didn't notice.

I too remember waiting for the newspaper to get the scores, I lived outside of Toronto and they never mentioned the scores on the radio for most teams. When the radio station got a phone number to call for all the scores, it was so awesome!
We had a channel that scrolled nesws ans sports scores. If you missed the scores you had to wait like 15 minutes for the scores to come back lol.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Nothing much went right for the Canucks Thursday night at the Garden. Check that, nothing at all went right for the visitors from far away British Columbia.

The new-age sons of Harold Snepsts arrived on Causeway Street positioned as this season’s would-be Stanley Cup champs, parked first in the league’s standings, and left 2½ hours later in a footrace west seeking safe harbor in Detroit.

The Canucks will play the Red Wings Saturday afternoon in Motor City. It’s never good when you’re running to Detroit for anything, other than, say, an early look at the latest e-car or the scrumptious eats in Greektown. Opa!

The Bruins, who breezed to a 4-0 win, rebounded after nothing much went right for them in a 4-1 loss Tuesday night to Calgary on home ice. Check that, nothing at all went right for them against the visitors from far away Alberta.

“Bad effort,” Bruins coach Jim Montgomery summarized in hindsight, speaking to 98.5 The Sports Hub’s Bob Beers following Thursday morning’s workout. “Worst effort I’ve seen in my two years as the Bruins head coach.”

Good time here for reminder No. 1, Page 1, from the “Official NHL 82-Game Regular Season Viewer’s Guide”: Never judge a team on its worst night, especially two-thirds of the way through an interminable season.

“Next time in Vancouver,” said Montgomery, musing postgame about the two clubs meeting again Feb. 24, “we’re going to see a much different team.”

Reminder No. 2: You only really find what any team’s all about, and what any of all the puck chasing means, until the playoffs start. Bruins fans, who already were mapping a Cup parade down Boylston Street this time last season, only need review Games 5, 6, and 7 last spring against Florida. The Panthers entered the playoffs labeled as also rans and then ran roughshod over the blindsided Bruins. The beautiful season (65-12-5) disappeared faster than that ball through Bill Buckner’s legs.

“We just gave ‘em four goals,” said Canucks coach Rick Tocchet. “That’s really what it comes down to.’

“It’s a big game, a lot of eyes were on us tonight,” he added. “[The Bruins] didn’t play well their last game, the’re coach kinda called them out…they showed up and we just made some stupid mistakes.”

“I was very impressed with [defense in front of me],” Ullmark said. “We said beforehand that it wasn’t tolerable to do what we did last game, and the guys really took it to heart.”

It was “absolutely” the bounce-back game that Jim Montgomery was looking for.

“I just cared about how tenacious and aggressive we were going to be mentally and go out and try and force the issue and I thought we did that, and I thought our penalty kill led us that way,” the Bruins coach said.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad