Post-Game Talk: GAME 51 - BRUINS 4 Vancouver 0

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Vancouver fans are known as Canuckleheads.
In 2011 we had a few other names for them :naughty:. I know for game #3 (2011) the Nuck fans I encountered at the Garden were very sure of themself. I get it as they had won the first two games....but they were annoying.

We typically don't see many Nuck fans at games as their fans don't travel much. So, in 2011 we got to see why most all NHL teams and fans wanted Boston to win.

The next season I went to Calif with my daughter and attend games in LA, Anaheim and San Jose. I had Bs colors on. At all 3 arenas, fans came up and said they were so happy that the Bruins had won the cup as they hated the Nucks. They said THANK YOU. I let them know that I did not play in any of the games but thanks!

I am not sure why all of the hatred but do remember that most NHL fans were cheering on our Bs.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Yeah, it's amazing that the B's are 24-6-7 (.743 points percentage) with such a horrible player playing on the top pair with Mac, and 8-4-2 (.643 points percentage) when he was out injured.

I can imagine the amount of vitriol Gryz would have gotten if he was the one who gave up that breakaway 17 seconds into the game, and not Parker(who I like), and Forbort.
I'm not the best evaluator of talent, but when I think of last years end of season team they were just a few steps above this team, so not sure how this team can win it if last years team folded so quickly.
Every year is different, so hopefully this is their year.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
When I told my 22 year old that you once had to wait for the Sunday paper to see the rest of the teams in the NHL’s stats, she was dumbfounded.
My 14 year old was asking me about hitchhiking. Doesn’t exist anymore.
It‘s getting to the point where it is utterly impossible for most of those under 25 to understand just how limited access to sports content was prior to the internet.
Tuesday’s paper would have the full stats pages. Highlight of the week.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
In 2011 we had a few other names for them :naughty:. I know for game #3 (2011) the Nuck fans I encountered at the Garden were very sure of themself. I get it as they had won the first two games....but they were annoying.

We typically don't see many Nuck fans at games as their fans don't travel much. So, in 2011 we got to see why most all NHL teams and fans wanted Boston to win.

The next season I went to Calif with my daughter and attend games in LA, Anaheim and San Jose. I had Bs colors on. At all 3 arenas, fans came up and said they were so happy that the Bruins had won the cup as they hated the Nucks. They said THANK YOU. I let them know that I did not play in any of the games but thanks!

I am not sure why all of the hatred but do remember that most NHL fans were cheering on our Bs.

Every NHL fanbase except Canucks and Habs fans, and even some Habs fans turned on them. They were that hateable. That series made me hate the Sedins, two of the most milquetoast, mild mannered players in NHL history. By game 2 I couldn't stand their weirdo, skinny legged, flop at the drop of a hat asses.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005

It was 100% good vs. evil. Possibly the most least likeable rosters, management groups and fan bases I’ve experienced.
I had Hab and Leaf and Flyers fans I know hoping Boston would win. That Canucks team was anathema to what hockey fans respect.

But they are likeable again.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Every NHL fanbase except Canucks and Habs fans, and even some Habs fans turned on them. They were that hateable. That series made me hate the Sedins, two of the most milquetoast, mild mannered players in NHL history. By game 2 I couldn't stand their weirdo, skinny legged, flop at the drop of a hat asses.
Does anyone remember back in 2013-14 when Jamie Benn and Tyler Seguin were ranting about the Sedins? lol something like “what is up with those goatees, man? They look like creeps”

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
...and there was Burrows and Lapierre

It was 100% good vs. evil. Possibly the most least likeable rosters, management groups and fan bases I’ve experienced.
I had Hab and Leaf and Flyers fans I know hoping Boston would win. That Canucks team was anathema to what hockey fans respect.

But they are likeable again.
The only player left from 2011 is Brad.

Most of their fans hate the Bs still.

Brad was a very happy guy last night.

BourqueFromORRk4277

formerly POPNDOUGH
Mar 25, 2010
Somerville MA
I'm not the best evaluator of talent, but when I think of last years end of season team they were just a few steps above this team, so not sure how this team can win it if last years team folded so quickly.
Every year is different, so hopefully this is their year.
Last year's team was definitely better, even before the TDL, but they were banged up entering the playoffs, and the team, and coach kinda cracked under the pressure of being the team with the best regular season record of all time.

Still, they went to game 7 OT, and with any luck they would have moved on. NHL playoffs are a crapshoot, so as long as they get in healthy, and playing well, then anything can happen.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Looking forward to watching this kid Richard .I commented way back when they acquired him that he is sneaky good on offense.If Bruins helped him iron out play without puck just maybe he could help.He is quick to.

Reactions: Gordoff and hrdpuk

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
Looking forward to watching this kid Richard .I commented way back when they acquired him that he is sneaky good on offense.If Bruins helped him iron out play without puck just maybe he could help.He is quick to.
He's actually not a kid; he's 27. He falls into the catagory of 'have skates, will travel.' In his 15 NHL games he has a total of 5 points; 3 goals and 2 assists.
For Providence this season he has 37 points(18 goals and 19 assists) in 41 games. Not bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: bruins19

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
He's actually not a kid; he's 27. He falls into the catagory of 'have skates, will travel.' In his 15 NHL games he has a total of 5 points; 3 goals and 2 assists.
For Providence this season he has 37 points(18 goals and 19 assists) in 41 games. Not bad.
That’s a lot of goals at this stage of the season.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Freshman year at Northeastern we had a couple mandatory "English for Engineers" courses that everybody took pass/fail. I had a friend who sat there and read the paper in the class every day. You could tell the Prof was not happy about it, and she finally spoke up. "Mr. Smith, I see you reading the Herald every day in my class. Is there a reason you find a need to ignore my lecture and read the Herald instead?"

My buddy, without missing a beat, replied, "Yeah, because the Globe's too hard to fold."
Many moons ago I taught a big lecture hall class (over 100 students) at the University of Miami. It was humbling to see some "students" reading the paper, talking away and wandering in and out regularly.

It was before mobile phones/tablets were invented. I can't imagine what it would be like now, with folks texting and playing video games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad