Post-Game Talk: GAME 51 - BRUINS 4 Vancouver 0

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Remember when these losers showed up at the Garden in 2011?

1707490975255.png

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
My 7th grade teacher, who was later a coach of mine, told me I was the only kid in his 20 years teaching that he saw bring in two newspapers every morning.

I’d read the sports pages in homeroom every morning.

Freshman year at Northeastern we had a couple mandatory "English for Engineers" courses that everybody took pass/fail. I had a friend who sat there and read the paper in the class every day. You could tell the Prof was not happy about it, and she finally spoke up. "Mr. Smith, I see you reading the Herald every day in my class. Is there a reason you find a need to ignore my lecture and read the Herald instead?"

My buddy, without missing a beat, replied, "Yeah, because the Globe's too hard to fold."

BourqueFromORRk4277

formerly POPNDOUGH
Mar 25, 2010
Somerville MA
They were lucky to get out of that with a win seeing as Matt G played almost 19 minutes. Bruins playing with fire there.
Yeah, it's amazing that the B's are 24-6-7 (.743 points percentage) with such a horrible player playing on the top pair with Mac, and 8-4-2 (.643 points percentage) when he was out injured.

I can imagine the amount of vitriol Gryz would have gotten if he was the one who gave up that breakaway 17 seconds into the game, and not Parker(who I like), and Forbort.

Reactions: Dr Hook and Ladyfan

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
Way too funny...where are all the negative nellys after a good win??? I wouldn't doubt they reside in Toronto or Russia.
I’ve learned not to chest thump in the regular season after last year. Hopefully they keep it up

They were lucky to get out of that with a win seeing as Matt G played almost 19 minutes. Bruins playing with fire there.
Hoping the brass shows some faith in him this deadline.

Reactions: Dr Hook

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
What a disgraceful team.

I know Bieksa gets a lot of praise as an analyst, but I can’t get over that smug face.

I remember before the series, there was talk about the Bruins needing to hate their opponents to play their best game, and me thinking "I just don't hate the Canucks enough." Chicago fans said "Don't worry, you will!"

They were 100% right. One of the more loathsome teams of the past 50 years.

Vancouver fans and Canadian media are going to need to pump the breaks on that Stanley Cup parade.

You'd think they'd have learned by now.

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
ABC - 3:40 PM

3:30 p.m.ABC, ESPN+Washington Capitals at Boston Bruins

The Capitals (22-18-7) and team assists leader John Carlson face the Eastern Conference-leading Bruins (31-9-9) and captain Brad Marchand at TD Garden.
Play-by-Play: Sean McDonough

Analyst: Ray Ferraro
Reporter: Emily Kaplan
In Studio: John Buccigross, Mark Messier, P.K. Subban, Arda Öcal
Hopefully, Sean McDonough will be doing the play-by-play. He's as good as it gets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad