Post-Game Talk: GAME 51 - BRUINS 4 Vancouver 0

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
When I told my 22 year old that you once had to wait for the Sunday paper to see the rest of the teams in the NHL’s stats, she was dumbfounded.
I was born in 90' and I remember grabbing the morning paper every morning in high school (at least my freshman/sophomore year) to read the sports section before first class started. I guess it was near the end of that era

Reactions: Gordoff and NDiesel

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Just as I said earlier Thursday, 'don't worry about taking penalties, the Canucks can't score on the powerplay and give up tons of shorties.'

:sarcasm:

Linus Ullmark is now 4-0-0 with a 1.25 GAA and a .956 Sv% (including a shutout) as a Bruin vs the Canucks.

Thatcher Demko is now 0-2-0 with a 4.04 GAA and a .860 Sv% in his career vs the Bruins at TD Garden.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
i go back and forth on these goalies.
i like linus because he covers so much damn net. but then i think how hes sucked last 2 playoffs. i hope he was hurt so bad last year and thats why he sucked in games 5 and 6.

i still feel more confident with goldfish linus in net in net is what im trying to say.

Reactions: Gordoff

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
The aggressive PK served them well. They got burned by the Flames (pun intended) sending two chasing a shortie, but they played the same way.

Wotherspoon has earned a spot; in fact, what we saw tonight may be their Top Six, with Shattenkirk waiting in the wings.

Cool story from Sophia - I had no idea Wotherspoon was a young fan in Vancouver at Game Seven.

I still like Jack Edwards, but he is more frequently getting caught yapping when goals are scored.

Cool Swayman and Demko touched bass. And since we don't see the Canucks much, I did appreciate Connor Garland. I've played rec hockey and been the smallest guy on the ice. That this guy has made a career for himself is impressive. Jack rightfully called him a water bug.
0095d5947676f1c544f0cf8ffbc0dbea40ce3bf0.jpg

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
:wally::wally::wally:

When I was a kid I looked forward to Saturday nights as we could hear Hockey Night In Canada on the RADIO from CBL-740 Toronto and CBM-940 Montreal. What I didn't know at the time was many Canadians from Newfoundland to Ontario were listening to Fred Cusick on the old WHDH-AM 850.

As late as 1978 people got the latest scores from newspapers - yes the Globe printed this

1707468683647.png

My son is 32 - I tried to explain to him that before cell phone we had landlines and Caller-ID didn't show up until 1990. He could not grasp that we answered the phone not knowing who was calling.

@DKH -

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
That was a great response. Canucks seemed off but it was nice to see the Bruins come out much sharper than last game. Had a good laugh when Mac shot Garland’s stick away after the whistle

Reactions: bruins19

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
It felt like old times, the arrogance of snubbing Sway's hug fits the culture they have created in Vancouver. Sway was eloquent enough to let Demko off the hook later but it is as plain as day that it was a snub and nothing else. The media attention it got was what made Demko pretend he didn't notice.

I too remember waiting for the newspaper to get the scores, I lived outside of Toronto and they never mentioned the scores on the radio for most teams. When the radio station got a phone number to call for all the scores, it was so awesome!

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
:wally::wally::wally:

When I was a kid I looked forward to Saturday nights as we could hear Hockey Night In Canada on the RADIO from CBL-740 Toronto and CBM-940 Montreal. What I didn't know at the time was many Canadians from Newfoundland to Ontario were listening to Fred Cusick on the old WHDH-AM 850.

As late as 1978 people got the latest scores from newspapers - yes the Globe printed this

View attachment 816885

My son is 32 - I tried to explain to him that before cell phone we had landlines and Caller-ID didn't show up until 1990. He could not grasp that we answered the phone not knowing who was calling.

@DKH -

There's an episode of Simon & Simon from the 80s where Downtown Brown tells the detectives he wishes there was a way to know it was them calling him so he could ignore them :laugh:

In regard to the game... always good to beat Vancouver 4-0 :D

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
I needed a cigarette after the 3rd period ...that game was like great sex ...made the world feel just right ..slept like a baby

• Love
Reactions: Gordoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad