GDT: Game 5 | Wild vs Senators | Sensgiving Edition | Mon Oct. 14, 1pm | RDS, TSN5

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Szwarz 3:42
Sabourin 5:37
Boedker 6:12

Pretty low even for 4th line minutes. This taxes the rest of the lines especially when they are short handed a lot of the game.

Brown, Tierney, Namestnikov had over 7 minutes combined PP and PK time

Reactions: NyQuil

Sens72

Football Enthusiast
Aug 31, 2018
Canada
This team has too many slow players that try to play a fast game. Boedker, Ryan, Hainsey, Tierney and even Tkachuk just have no wheels.

Chabot looked brutal in the 3rd period. Horrible at breaking it out on the PP. It was embarrassing to watch them try to sustain pressure.

I liked Anderson today and it's too bad the only goal came off a play where there should've been a penalty and Boedker gave no effort to defend. I wish we would just ship out guys like Boedker and Tierney now because they give no effort and they are young guys deserving of more time than them.

Reactions: robsenz

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Szwarz 3:42
Sabourin 5:37
Boedker 6:12

Pretty low even for 4th line minutes. This taxes the rest of the lines especially when they are short handed a lot of the game.

Brown, Tierney, Namestnikov had over 7 minutes combined PP and PK time

Yeah, I get that this is a tanking roster, but it would be nice to have fourth liners who could at least play 10 minutes a night. Not like those are very hard to find
Ennis should be one, but he is instead apparently a top six forward

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Went to the game, sat in the 100s behind the bench. Awful third period all around. The player that is a complete black hole is Chris Tierney. If you get a pick, then you move him. Yes there were others but he was just awful top to bottom.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Also we lost like 7 offensive faceoffs in a row... Including two on the last powerplay with 4mins left... It was brutal to watch..

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
I see Colin White is ready for Halloween, dude's is a ghost, I don't get the hype, he creates very little offense.

Reactions: little BiG

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Attendance today: 11,500
(which is a weirdly exact number, you'd think it would be something like 11,503 or something, lol)

Fun fact: This was also the last "free ticket" game from the home opener, where people who bought tickets to the Rangers game got to pick free tickets to another game - the other two being the Saturday game vs Tampa, and the Thursday nighter vs the Blues.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I see Colin White is ready for Halloween, dude's is a ghost, I don't get the hype, he creates very little offense.

To be fair, he’s not the only one, but he is making good money now, so he should be doing more. He needs a good RW on his line though. Ryan and Brown are not first line guys.

Reactions: robsenz

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Because it's an interesting stat to track: this is now the 4th game out of 5 on the season where the opposing team has started their backup goalie against us.

Sens record vs. starting goalies: 0-1-0
Sens record vs. backup goalies: 1-3-0
The only reason we got the Leafs starter was because it was their home opener.

I’d be surprised if we got 25 starting goalies all season, teams are going to be using the Sens as a rest for their starters all season.

Reactions: BonkTastic

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
What Ennis 2:25, Brown 3:38 and Tierney 3:50 PP time do on the Power Play at all, with all their dismal skill sets? Winning us Lafrenière Cup????

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Watched five minutes of second period.

guess I missed a lot of nothing.

https://www.tsn.ca/stalock-perfect-...ors-for-first-win-of-season-1.1381098?tsn-amp

Ottawa has yet to score on the power play this season and is 0 for 17 overall.
"Last game we had some chances," said Senators head coach D.J. Smith. "(Monday) we might have had one good power play I thought. Just not enough chances going towards the net. I didn't think we worked hard enough to get pucks back and to stay on pucks and that's something that has to change

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I feel sorry for the few fans who paid to see this

I just finished watching on fast-forward and I feel sorry for you guys who watched it in real time.

Woof. What a terribly boring outing this was. Our powerplay in particular is worst than it's ever been.

I was worried about Minny beating us to the bottom but this diminished my concerns.

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
Yes... horrible line combinations gunning for The Lafrenière Cup. The worst PP setup in the league!

We have only two NHL calibre top 6 forwards in Namestnikov and Tkachuk . And Namestnikov is a big question mark.

But three very good NHL defensemen plus Demelo

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
Watched five minutes of second period.

guess I missed a lot of nothing.

https://www.tsn.ca/stalock-perfect-...ors-for-first-win-of-season-1.1381098?tsn-amp

Ottawa has yet to score on the power play this season and is 0 for 17 overall.
"Last game we had some chances," said Senators head coach D.J. Smith. "(Monday) we might have had one good power play I thought. Just not enough chances going towards the net. I didn't think we worked hard enough to get pucks back and to stay on pucks and that's something that has to change
Yes.... if this genius of the coach will give more time to Brown, Ennis and Tierney on the PP, we will score more goals.....idiocy!!!

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Ref's were sub-par today as well I hear.

479763161.jpg

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
I just finished watching on fast-forward and I feel sorry for you guys who watched it in real time.

Woof. What a terribly boring outing this was. Our powerplay in particular is worst than it's ever been.

I was worried about Minny beating us to the bottom but this diminished my concerns.

And I actually believed before the season that it could not be worse than it was last year...

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
And I actually believed before the season that it could not be worse than it was last year...

I mean, if they at least let us see a few of the talented kids up with the big club it would be a bit more interesting, but watching the likes of Ennis on the 1st line, and a bunch of mediocre "vets" spread throughout is just.....brutal.

No one should be surprised we can barely get 10K into the CTC.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road

I really think that this is one of those games where the team plays like the other team, because the part of the second period I saw, Minny look horrendous. Like really bad.

They played amazing against Tampa. They played like shit against Minny. I hope DJ makes them skate hard tomorrow.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I really think that this is one of those games where the team plays like the other team, because the part of the second period I saw, Minny look horrendous. Like really bad.

They played amazing against Tampa. They played like **** against Minny. I hope DJ makes them skate hard tomorrow.

Difference is Tampa was barely trying and looked disinterested, while Minny was desperate to get their first win. Once most teams get their act together, wins will almost be impossible to come by with this roster.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
I mean, if they at least let us see a few of the talented kids up with the big club it would be a bit more interesting, but watching the likes of Ennis on the 1st line, and a bunch of mediocre "vets" spread throughout is just.....brutal.

No one should be surprised we can barely get 10K into the CTC.

It is equivalent to being stuck between a "rock and a hard place". Let us set aside the obvious short-comings of this management group for a moment and sympathize with their situation. They know the current product they are icing this season is unacceptable for an NHL level team, however, the "big picture plan" is to dig in and this season and hope for a high pick. On the flip side, if they start trading/sending away guys like Boedker, Anisimov, Ennis, Ryan, Sabourin etc. and bring up some of the younger guys in Belleville, it might provide the fans with a little more reason to watch and attend games but what impression does that give in terms of "being patient" and building it right?

If it were up to me, I would cut away the dead weight, suck it up and load up with some of the players in Belleville and just pray for the best but then again, I have always been "anti-tank" and my philosophy has always been that you ice the best and most entertaining team you possibly can. Trying to play for a top 3 pick has been proven to be a waste of time as we have landed in the #4 spot two years in a row now. Again I am glad I do not have to be the one to make these decisions, but it seems some of the fans want a lottery finish but still want to be entertained with quality players....it just does not work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad