GDT: Game 5 | Wild vs Senators | Sensgiving Edition | Mon Oct. 14, 1pm | RDS, TSN5

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
First two periods was pretty tight hockey. Not sure why all the negativity. They played well defensively, again, which speaks to coaching. How many scoring chances today?

Yes, the team struggled offensively. But they are miles ahead from last year in some regards. The kids will be mixed in at the right time. Not sure what the rush is
i will we have looked pretty well coached the past 6 of 7 ish periods

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
It’s funny cause in preseason Brown was easily this teams best forward on the PP and with the way the 4th line has been handled

There is no way he could not be seeing 12ES + 3PP a game here developing in the NHL

Then maybe there would be space on the farm to not scratch players like Davidsson and they could develop

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
It’s funny cause in preseason Brown was easily this teams best forward on the PP and with the way the 4th line has been handled

There is no way he could not be seeing 12ES + 3PP a game here developing in the NHL

Then maybe there would be space on the farm to not scratch players like Davidsson and they could develop

We've consistently had a couple forwards called up, calling up Brown instead of Szwarz or whatever won't change whether or not we have room to not scratch Davidsson. The issue is that we have filler like Sabourin, Boedker, Ennis ect blocking spots in the NHL and Szwarz and Labate clogging things up in Belleville.

We need to dump some dead weight and build a 4th line that can be played 13 mins a night, and trust guys like Paul, Klimchuk, Rodewald and Carcone to be our "AHL vets" and lose guys like Szwarz and Labate altogether.

Brown will eventually get called up though. When he does, he better not be on the 4th line with Sabourin playing 8 mins on the night.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
These players should not be even in the NHL!
Ennis
Pageau Brown
Duclair Tierney Ryan
Boedker Szwarz Sabourin
What kind of team is this??? Garbage!!
I do not like Duclair what so ever. Useless. A lot of speed no brains. Very similar player is Formenton and he is better then Duclair. And Formenton is a perennial 4th line player on any team.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

Pageau Brown

giphy.gif

Reactions: SensFactor

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Ennis
Pageau Brown
Duclair Tierney Ryan
Boedker Szwarz Sabourin
I do not like Duclair what so ever. Useless. A lot of speed no brains. Very similar player is Formenton and he is better then Duclair. And Formenton is a perennial 4th line player on any team.

This is one hot take!

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Ennis
Pageau Brown
Duclair Tierney Ryan
Boedker Szwarz Sabourin

Lol damn.

I mean Pageau, Brown, Duclair, Tierney are easily NHL players. Ryan too, he's just overpaid. They are certainly all 3rd and 4rth liners but they are NHLers.

Ennis, Boedker, Sabourin and Swarz are certainly not NHLers though

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Ennis
Pageau Brown
Duclair Tierney Ryan
Boedker Szwarz Sabourin

Lists Pageau/Brown/Duclair/Tierney/Ryan but not Anisimov.

Little personal bias shining through? ;)

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Lists Pageau/Brown/Duclair/Tierney/Ryan but not Anisimov.

I haven't been to one of the Sens skill competitions in years, so someone might be a far better source on this, but when they do each skills event, does EVERY player on the team perform in each event, or do they just pick like the best 5-10 guys?

Reason I'm asking: it's possible that Anisimov is the slowest skater on this team, which is pretty remarkable in and of itself, and I'd love to know if there's a way to get actual proof of that, lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad