Post-Game Talk: Game 5 - TWO U's TWO K's = 2 POINTS - BRUINS 3 NJ 0 F

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
5 Random Thoughts
1)Glad Nordy's back.
2) Whether or not he's the answer as Krejci's wing Kuhlman is on my team.
3) Dean and Pandolfo were very good students under Jacques in their Devil days.
4)The current Devils coach is done like dinner.
5) One more time how the Hell did P.K. win a Norris?
Subban won the Norris in the lock out season of a 50 game schedule. Teams didnt even practice. It was like exhibition hockey until the last 15 games and his stats were padded by then.

The Habs and PK stunk that same year in the play offs getting physically beat up on the ice, trounced on the score board...... by the Sens! In 5 easy games.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
maybe since the 3rd line is considered the 4th line by Cassidy because of 18 and or 42, you bump Coyle up to the 2nd line RW, and call up Gaunce maybe and go with Heinen-gaunce-Kuhlman. Kind of outside the box but that 2nd line just isn't clicking, but it's a short sample size. I would like them to call Bjork up and drop Kuhlman and JDB to Coyles line. 43-46-10 could be nice (if one of the wingers promises to shoot a lot)….74-13-83 would be a puck possession nightmare for opponents and Coyle would get 50 assists playing between them two

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Bounces, maybe.

Calls, no.
Exactly, last night looked like Gallagher ran over Binnington and the goal stood, meanwhile Krejci' s Skate barely touched the Avs goalie and it gets called back. You just know that there are mostly leafs and habs fans working those replays in Toronto and love sticking it to the Bruins. For anyone who thinks that they are totally unbiased, think again.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Debrusk is a top 6 winger, Heinen is not. This makes us worse.

Bjork or an acquired player will be the top 6 RW. Kuhlman on the 3rd line with Heinen and Coyle.

yes Heinen looked completely out of place lining up with with Bergy and Marchand when Pasta was out:sarcasm:

Cue the "anyone can put pts up playing with those two" comments

Heinen thinks the game very well and is more than capable of playing top 6 minutes, now, to be fair, I think he`s still best suited for 3rd line duty but to state emphatically he can`t play top 6 minutes, is, IMO, untrue. I see Jake struggling more consistently than Heinen more often than not in staying and playing a focused 200 ft game

I know many here don`t care as much as I do about playing in all 3 zones but for a game that`s played with the puck on your stick drastically less than it`s on your stick, I`d argue the coaches do

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
yes Heinen looked completely out of place lining up with with Bergy and Marchand when Pasta was out:sarcasm:

Heinen thinks the game very well and is more than capable of playing top 6 minutes, now, to be fair, I think he`s still best suited for 3rd line duty but to state emphatically he can`t play top 6 minutes, is, IMO, untrue. I see Jake struggling more consistently than Heinen more often than not in staying and playing a focused 200 ft game

I know many here don`t care as much as I do about playing in all 3 zones but for a game that`s played with the puck on your stick drastically less than it`s on your stick, I`d argue the coaches do

Not in a negative way to Heinen but he is the ultimate complementary passenger who does the little things right. That clicks on a line with Bergy and Marchand.

A line with Debrusk and Krejci needs a Do-er not a passenger.

Heinen is perfect with Coyle and someone like Kuhlman.

Reactions: JOKER 192 and TCB

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

If we get to game 10-12 or so and the third line is still not scoring and DeBrusk is still struggling, why not move Coyle up to RW2 with DK and JDB and go with a primarily defensive line 3 with Heinen, Lindholm and Nordstrom/Kuhlman?

At least for a few games to see if they can get line 2 going?

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Not in a negative way to Heinen but he is the ultimate complementary passenger who does the little things right. That clicks on a line with Bergy and Marchand.

A line with Debrusk and Krejci needs a Do-er not a passenger.

Heinen is perfect with Coyle and someone like Kuhlman.

That line would be one of, if not the best 3rd line Hockey.

If they ever find a legit RW for the krejci line the Bruins would have 4 outstanding lines and would enjoy some very nice mismatches on a nightly basis and with Bjork and Lauko in the pipeline, I would even consider moving DeBrusk if it brought back an equally talent young RW.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB

Agreed it is not always about hitting the scoresheet, it is the little things that go unnoticed at times that can often pay dividends in the game.

Reactions: BMC

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005

I am a huge fan of the 200 foot game, which is why Bergeron is my favorite player and I have no use for a player like Ovechkin, who at best is an 80 foot player and a -35 in 2013-14, although he scored 51 goals that year. Ovechkin skates to the top of the left face off circle and waits for a one-timer. DeBrusk is struggling for sure, overstickhandling with dangle attempts that either run him out of real estate and get him stuck or result in a turnover. I think he will get it back, hopefully it isn’t health related.

Reactions: BMC

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
Anyone else worried about Pasta's game, he seems to shy from contact, passes are off and seems to want to get back early?

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Anyone else worried about Pasta's game, he seems to shy from contact, passes are off and seems to want to get back early?

No. Also, not seeing this shying away you speak of. Pastrnak, while not consistently phsyical, has non-issue throwing a body check. He did last night actually.

6 points in 5 games. On pace for (33/66) 99 this year. How can I be worried about that?

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015

Not at all, in fact that play he made in the D zone to setup Marchand’s goal was a savvy play that you’d expect to from a more veteran forward.

I also noticed him handling more contact through the neutral zone where it’s easier to avoid it. There was also a play early on where Subban was mugging him ell after the play and he handled it very well

Reactions: GahdenRinkRat

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
No. Also, not seeing this shying away you speak of. Pastrnak, while not consistently phsyical, has non-issue throwing a body check. He did last night actually.

6 points in 5 games. On pace for (33/66) 99 this year. How can I be worried about that?

This is all true and I generally agree but while Pasta seems to have no problem with throwing a check I have seen him shy away from being hit to often. Against St.Louis in the SCF it was way to often.

Reactions: Spooner st

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad