GDT: GAME 5 | Pens @ Sens Jan 27 5:00PM - FATTIES EDITION | NON MINIMALIST | HATERS BEWARE

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Another skills comp win by the Pens. Imagine that!

Seriously, is there a luckier franchise than the Pittsburgh Penguins?

It amazes me how some Sens fans **** all over Pittsburgh for finishing low and getting good players.

Last edited by a moderator:

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
We lost that game because our passing was nowhere near spot on and we played sloppy as hell. That was rough to watch (not just because Denis Potvin drives me insane). We are lucky as hell that Pittsburgh also played like crap as well.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Another skills comp win by the Pens. Imagine that!

Seriously, is there a luckier franchise than the Pittsburgh Penguins?

Oilers? Islanders? They just can't develop guys properly or Pittsburgh just sucked at a luckier time, I guess.

No need to wish injury on Crosby for something he had no hand in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sensfanman

Jan 27, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
I think Karlsson was sick this game. Lots of weird plays, looked gassed often, low minutes pre-OT, etc.

That being said, I still don't get why he isn't a go-to guy on the shoot out over someone like Michalek.

corksens

Jul 19, 2005
It amazes me how some Sens fans **** all over Pittsburgh for finishing low and getting good players.
L
O
T
T
E
R
Y.

They won a lottery and got the best player in the world.

All of this on top of having Malking, Jagr in his prime, Mario in his prime. Ron Francis.

They. Are. Lucky.

ErikKarlsson

The Best (per IOC)
Oct 24, 2009
Ontario, Canada
I think Karlsson was sick this game. Lots of weird plays, looked gassed often, low minutes pre-OT, etc.

That being said, I still don't get why he isn't a go-to guy on the shoot out over someone like Michalek.

Michalek scored 40% of the time in shootouts last season, which is actually good.

Novak Djokovic

Dec 10, 2006
L
O
T
T
E
R
Y.

They won a lottery and got the best player in the world.

All of this on top of having Malking, Jagr in his prime, Mario in his prime. Ron Francis.

They. Are. Lucky.

Okay so that means we should hate them? If we had gotten Crosby, I'm sure you'd be singing a different tune.

exv91

Oct 13, 2011
We lost that game because our passing was nowhere near spot on and we played sloppy as hell. That was rough to watch (not just because Denis Potvin drives me insane). We are lucky as hell that Pittsburgh also played like crap as well.

I think we lost because some of our key players didn't show, or play a full 60 min game. Spezza, Karlsson and Anderson did not have their best performances tonight.

BringBackChara

Jan 23, 2013
You can tell they went for the win in Overtime, end to end rushes.

Not many teams are going to be able to stop Neal, Crosby, Malkin in a Shootout. That being said had Anderson made the save who would each teams 4th shooter? Dupuis and Karlsson?

corksens

Jul 19, 2005
Okay so that means we should hate them? If we had gotten Crosby, I'm sure you'd be singing a different tune.
???

Of course I would be.

None of this detracts from the fact that the Penguins are beyond lucky to be in the position they are. I hate Brian Burke for alot of reasons, but the day he called out developing the "Pittsburgh" way, was one that I had to agree with.

Take two obvious top draft pics and they both turn out to be generational players.

Awesome.

Novak Djokovic

Dec 10, 2006
???

Of course I would be.

None of this detracts from the fact that the Penguins are beyond lucky to be in the position they are. I hate Brian Burke for alot of reasons, but the day he called out developing the "Pittsburgh" way, was one that I had to agree with.

Take two obvious top draft pics and they both turn out to be generational players.

Awesome.

Pittsburgh or Chicago (who is ignored by a lot of people). Even the Kings got Doughty second overall.

Drafting that high definitely accelerates re-building. The Leafs gave away the pick when they could've picked an elite talent in.Seguin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad