GDT: Game #5: New Jersey Devils at Boston Bruins, 7pm, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I said I'd be ecstatic with a point, but damn to give up that inevitable goal late, I was hoping we'd steal that second point.

Well, our forwards decided to take a long shift and got caught up ice on a horrendous line change and actually gave them a 3 on 2 if you can believe it.
Real weak.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
How about the other 4 guys who missed as well. Elias hit the post which is not a shot on goal either.

Oh well take it as it comes. 3-0-2 is not bad.

+1. Every point we get while Henrique is out and before the trade is a giant plus. And we really did not play a bad game. Was a earned point any way you look at it.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Josefson with below average scoring skills would be a top 6 center easily. A world class skater, good playmaker with elite defense. But he can't score and maybe never will.

DevilChuk*

Quietly Josefson is -3 on a team that has only given up 6 even strength goals. He's turned the puck over a fair amount in the defensive zone the past 2 or 3 games.

Also playing with garbage teammates though.

Was Kovy on the ice for the Bruins goal tonight? He's really gotten quiet these last few games.. which sucks because we need him to produce, especially with Henrique out.

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009
Kovy did look a little lethargic tonight. Very little in the way of backchecking or forechecking intensity.

We are not watching the same player here. Josefson has been stronger on the puck than he was before, he doesn't look out of place at all. I agree his shot could use a lot of work, but he isn't a liability by any means.

I was watching a reply of either Hortons goal or a OT Bruin chance and you could Josefson skating hard to get back and Kovalchuk in the neutral zone staring at the odd man rush.

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
what a bust Josefson has been, they give you a chance in the shootout, and he doesn't even get the shot on goal. what is wrong with that kid?

Not sure if serious...

...Neither did Elias and he has 901 points in this league....

Well Patty did beat Rask but unfortunately not the post.

yeah where the hell was Zubrus????? josefson and Zidlicky ahead of Zubrus?

Completely agree with you on this one.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I hate to say it, but josefson will be out with another injury during the next 5 games. Glass Joe never fails

A little presumptuous. Neither of Josefson's injuries were due to him being fragile. Anybody would have those same injuries if they fell into the boards shoulder first or got slashed in the hands.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Josefson is getting close to those scoring chances. There was a young Devil last season that had a TON of scoring chances before he broke out and starting capitalizing on them also. He turned out pretty well.

Josefson also seems to me more like a playmaker then a finisher, a guy who will get 10 goals but have 30 assists.

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009
Josefson doesn't need to score. Put him with a good winger and he'll rack up the assists and the winger will put up the goals. Jo played well.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

8 pts out of a possibility of 10... That's real solid cause I wouldn't of thought that 3 weeks ago.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Quietly Josefson is -3 on a team that has only given up 6 even strength goals. He's turned the puck over a fair amount in the defensive zone the past 2 or 3 games.

Doesn't help that he's playing with the fourth line. You try being a plus player skating with Janssen.

Bramskii

Jul 23, 2007
Toronto
I didn't have a problem with Pete's selections, they were his best options. IMO Zubrus doesn't show anything favorable over Josefson or Zidlicky.

We need a move. Lou needs to get rid of a extra D, get Larsson in, and increase our depth on the O pronto.
Zubrus actually has a very acurate wrist shot.

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
Love Moose, but the 3rd period goal and the second shootout goal were both softies.

The shootout tonight completely demonstrated our lack of forward depth. Kovy, Elias, Zajac, Clarkson.....then that's all folks!

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
A little presumptuous. Neither of Josefson's injuries were due to him being fragile. Anybody would have those same injuries if they fell into the boards shoulder first or got slashed in the hands.

The fact that he played 30 games in the AHL makes me a little less afraid he'll go down any minute but I'd be lying if I said the thought hadn't crossed my mind considering his history.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
lol I can't believe people are bringing up his plus/minus. Look at his career and look at the plus/minus there in both Albany and New Jersey.

So fickle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad