GDT: Game #5: New Jersey Devils at Boston Bruins, 7pm, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Griffin

Jan 28, 2012
Florida
Would have liked the win but a good result against one of the best teams in the East. Probably one of our better games this season

MauDevils

Jan 11, 2009
New Jersey
The problem with Kovy is that he is playing like 30 minutes a game and now playing both ends of the ice. It's taking away from scoring and this team is lacking a forward presence right now.

Get a top 6 winger and I bet a lot of things start looking better:

Well the top line juggling hasn't helped and the fact that he plays so many minutes making up for our lack of a 4th line.

I say we get Henrique back, trade a D for a forward and get Larsson in the lineup.

King Henrique

¡ɹǝʌo s,ʇı ¡ǝnbıɹuǝɥ
Jan 8, 2010
NJ
Didn't get to see the game, but we lost in the shootout to a very good team on the road. In a game we lead until 5 minutes left in the third. How could there possibly be this much to complain about?

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
good point

another thing before I nod off: Clarkson's puck control was really good. Held it for god knows how long one shift. Good work, unlucky nothing more happened.

O ya. Almost forgot to mention that, he looked really good with his puck possession for multiple shifts. I don't consider him a straight ahead kind of goal scorer though so I dunno bout him in the shootout, but he is going to the dirty areas and playing a tough, gritty game. Have to love what he's doing right now. His puck deflections are amazing as well and have been for several years now.

But really need some more forward help on this squad. It is the root

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This is a game where we need more offense. It's not because we didn't show up, it's not because we got outplayed, it's because we really can't score. The same guys mainly Clarkson, have been scoring every game. Our 4th line from the playoffs have been our 3rd line this year. We haven't had a stable 1st line, or really 2nd line.

Help is on the way with Henrique, but we're gonna need a little more help. The defense this year has been better than last year, the goaltending so far this year has been excellent and much better than last year at this time. The PK is as good as it ever was last year. The PP is just as bad!:laugh::laugh:

We need more scoring I think to compete with some of these teams. We've done alright so far, but we could use some more badly.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
good point

another thing before I nod off: Clarkson's puck control was really good. Held it for god knows how long one shift. Good work, unlucky nothing more happened.

His puck control has always been that good

He has just always been in a grinding role in the corners and on the boards where he displayed his strong puck control

Now he's one of the top guys counted on putting pts on the board and we're able to see him have more puck possession rather than dump and chase

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
All in all I'm very happy with a point, but we are gonna need more scoring here pretty soon. The defense has been phenomenal, the goaltending, the PK.

All I wanted was a point out of this game, but I would like 2 against the Isles who are playing well.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Rask may have played the puck and even if he didn't he's making the poke check to get the puck, not to trip Zajac, I don't think you'll see the shooter get that call, even if the shooter should.

If he doesn't get a piece of the puck first that shouldn't be allowed. He didn't even come close to the puck. They might not even have it in the rulebook because I've literally never seen that before, where the goalie takes out the shooter before he can shoot. Then again I've also never seen a do-over in the shootout because the home crowd's got a moron in it (at least that was the correct call, a definite distraction).

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Zajac has been playing too tense the past couple games, hasn't looked comfortable

They haven't had a real line this season yet. It's a damn shame really. Add in Kovy who can't be fresh playing upper 20s each game and you're left with a troubled EV line.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
If he doesn't get a piece of the puck first that shouldn't be allowed. He didn't even come close to the puck. They might not even have it in the rulebook because I've literally never seen that before, where the goalie takes out the shooter before he can shoot. Then again I've never seen a do-over in the shootout because the home crowd's got a moron in it.

The goalie has to be allowed to try and make a save. Otherwise the skater can just slowly skate down the ice backwards, force his way into the crease and jam it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad