GDT: Game #5: New Jersey Devils at Boston Bruins, 7pm, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Kovalchuk broke up loads of plays on the backcheck. Even bruins fans took notice, how are people here not?

where'd the Josefson heat come from?

For some reason the people that bash Josefson the most are the biggest Tedenby fanboys. As if you're not allowed to say one is actually an NHL player and the other isn't, so the one that is gets mealy-mouthed by the ones who want to make Tedenby out to be this great player that isn't getting a chance.

kiwidevil

Josefson does have a place in the NHL. But it is becoming obvious he isn't a 2 way threat.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
In this thread we have Devils fans disparaging an excellent young defensive forward because he isn't scoring at the rate they'd like. What a strange world.

In this thread we have Devils fans throwing fits after getting 8 out of a possible 10 points, and taking a very tough Boston team on the road to a shootout, which is a gimmick either way. Power play is looking better, and it broke down what was the best PK in the league up to now.

Still work to be done, but that wasn't so bad. Moose was fantastic, but the 1 goal and the shootout winner was a bit weak.

Still wonder if Rask is allowed to just take Travis's legs out like that.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
To me it looks like Travis is either nursing an injury or is under the weather.

He played his worst game in a Devils uniform tonight.
Zubrus was equally bad.

Moose & Clarky played great, Tallinder & Gio played well, Zids & Patty ok, Kovy-not that good, most everyone else was below par with the above mentioned Zajac and Zubrus off the charts poor.

Wish we would have stolen the SO point, it was there for the taking 3 consecutive SO attempts in a row.:(

GM17*

For some reason the people that bash Josefson the most are the biggest Tedenby fanboys. As if you're not allowed to say one is actually an NHL player and the other isn't, so the one that is gets mealy-mouthed by the ones who want to make Tedenby out to be this great player that isn't getting a chance.

Tedenby has sick hands and his speedy. Blows everywhere else.

Yep. Kovy made one mistake which was the Bruins goal. Overall he played pretty well defensively, but wasnt great on offense

Chara silenced he + zajac well. deserves the recognition for it too. no reason to **** on our players there

KOvalchuk had one solid back check all game. Doesn't make up for his sorry effort. Very bad game for him, don't try and sugar coat it

Nah you're forgetting that other one or 8 or 9

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Reflecting a bit further (or calming down), despite the softies, Hedberg played very well for not being in net since last April. Nice to have reliable backup goaltending.

I consider this a bounce back game given that they cleaned up a lot of the mistakes made in the Montreal game. Know I'm beating a dead horse here, but definitely need more offensive depth. Confident Lou will provide when the time is most opportune.

I haven't looked at a highlight yet (got stuck going to a crappy horror movie) but how was the third-period goal a softie if it went off Tallinder? And yeah almost thirty shots, one goal allowed against the best team in the conference in their building is freaking terrific for a guy that hadn't played competitively in nine months. We're fortunate to have one of the best tandems in the league.

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
Kovalchuk broke up loads of plays on the backcheck. Even bruins fans took notice, how are people here not?

He really had matured into a great two-way player once joining our organization. Also some outstanding moves on the PK.

where'd the Josefson heat come from?

People wanted him to get a shot at the top 6 a couple games back and now he is in the doghouse primarily over a missed shootout attempt.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
KOvalchuk had one solid back check all game. Doesn't make up for his sorry effort. Very bad game for him, don't try and sugar coat it

I agree 100%, for a player of his stature he did not bring an impressive effort to the ice tonight.

I see guys like Horton, Lucic and Krecji on Boston who may not be as talented, but they were bringing it every shift.

It's disappointing because for the most part in last year's playoffs we saw Kovy battle 100% every shift, not tonight though.

He was not alone though, Travis was a no-show too.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008

For me, it feels a little like Larsson last year. Larsson could have a horrible game, but there would be people who were raving about how amazing he played that night. To point out that, for me, those players did not have an amazing game, is tantamount to sacrilege.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Josefson does have a place in the NHL. But it is becoming obvious he isn't a 2 way threat.

This. He's great defensively, a good skater, and an effective penalty killer. Nothing more. I know people think that the offense will just surface at some point, but there haven't even been flashes of an ability to finish. Of his 5 goals, 3 or 4 were rebounds, deflections, or weird bounces. If he has more than one goal which shows an ability to create and finish, I would be shocked.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Yep. Kovy made one mistake which was the Bruins goal. Overall he played pretty well defensively, but wasnt great on offense

Not sure about this, IK played RW on that goal, it came from Bruins RW. Don't know why but Josefson was LW and he was late.

MountainGoat

sloppy game but we stole a point so it's all good

Hopefully Henrique is back soon because Josefson shouldn't be in our top six

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
How was that not a penalty on Rask in the SO, he took out Zajac's legs without touching the puck. Still thought if Trav had his head up it's an easy goal.

GM17*

He really had matured into a great two-way player once joining our organization. Also some outstanding moves on the PK.

People wanted him to get a shot at the top 6 a couple games back and now he is in the doghouse primarily over a missed shootout attempt.

he WAS really good on pk

that said two-way player...ehhh....he was much improved tho. I think this was his best defensive game, ironically the first with a GA tho. one of the worst ever offensively tho, but I believe that's a huge credit to chara

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
The problem with Kovy is that he is playing like 30 minutes a game and now playing both ends of the ice. It's taking away from scoring and this team is lacking a forward presence right now.

Get a top 6 winger and I bet a lot of things start looking better:

Kovy, the D, depth scoring, etc.

GM17*

The problem with Kovy is that he is playing like 30 minutes a game and now playing both ends of the ice. It's taking away from scoring and this team is lacking a forward presence right now.

Get a top 6 winger and I bet a lot of things start looking better:

Kovy, the D, depth scoring, etc.

good point

another thing before I nod off: Clarkson's puck control was really good. Held it for god knows how long one shift. Good work, unlucky nothing more happened.

Devils1029

Jun 19, 2008
Before this game, Boston was 5-0 on home ice and had not let up a Power play goal in 6 games. We played with them, took a home point from them, and broke through on the power play.

Despite a lot of negativity, the glass is half full - disappointed with the blown lead OK but no reason to jump off the ledge...

Nick0930

Mar 16, 2011
Quebec
Watch a report come out saying some Bruins fans saw someone in a Devils jersey throw the object. Just like the rats in Florida last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad