GDT: Game 5: Kazakhstan Vs Slovakia | 9AM EST 3PM CET | SVK 3 - 1 KAZ

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
oh boy. the both teams are sooooo bad
This is definitely a sentiment I can agree with. They time Slovakia will be going down to 1A is approaching. There was a thread about how Slovak hockey is recovering, well, it isn't.

c9gunner

Dec 24, 2011
I watched the second period only and, honestly, both teams looked like they don't belong to the top tier. It must be the nerves and pressure. I guess the loser of this game will be relegated and who knows what team from group B they might face.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I watched the second period only and, honestly, both teams looked like they don't belong to the top tier. It must be the nerves and pressure. I guess the loser of this game will be relegated and who knows what team from group B they might face.

The Germans with Stutzle and Seider bring some star power. Plus the Germans should be pretty battle tested playing in a difficult group with Canada, Russia, USA, and the Czechs.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
This is such a fun game to watch as a neutral fan. Both teams understand that this might be the most important game they play this tournament and are just going at it.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
It isn't, that's a dodgy call. It's pretty much that the ref decided he had a choice not to follow through as it was a weak swipe at the puck rather than a real shot. Still pretty iffy call.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Like I said, it's like Slovak players are afraid of the puck. They get it and have no idea what to do with it so they just throw it anywhere.

This is just atrocious all around.

Reactions: snipes

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Like I said, it's like Slovak players are afraid of the puck. They get it and have no idea what to do with it so they just throw it anywhere.

This is just atrocious all around.

So afraid of it that they just fired it over the glass and got a penalty.

Sloppy puck play all over the place.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Hlavaj is by far the best Slovak player. In the game against Kazakhstan. That's saying something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad