GDT: Game 5: Kazakhstan Vs Slovakia | 9AM EST 3PM CET | SVK 3 - 1 KAZ

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Kazakhstan is a team you should be beating by at least double digits. Concerning for Slovakia to say the least.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Did Switzerland beat them by double digits? Did Russia beat them by double digits in a pretournament game?

Switzerland is a weak team (as is Slovakia). And pretournament is pretournament but I agree it’s concerning for Russia and they ended up losing to the Czechs so there’s that.

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
Switzerland is a weak team (as is Slovakia). And pretournament is pretournament but I agree it’s concerning for Russia and they ended up losing to the Czechs so there’s that.

Yes, we are not a Top6 team, so you should not be automatically expecting us to rack up double digit goals vs Kazakhs, although we did last year. Every generation is different though and this is more visible in countries with few registered players, which is the case for Slovakia.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Reynys

Apr 30, 2011
I start to think that Kazakhstan's schedule might have been one of deciding factors.

c9gunner

Dec 24, 2011
Did Russia beat them by double digits in a pretournament game?

Russia would never beat Kazakstan with double digits. Not because they can't, but because they won't want to. Look at the names of the Kazakhstan's players. 90% of the team are the ethnic Russians

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Russia would never beat Kazakstan with double digits. Not because they can't, but because they won't want to. Look at the names of the Kazakhstan's players. 90% of the team are the ethnic Russians
This is just plain dumb lol. If I'm not mistaken, Kazakhstan's record loss against Russia was 1-14 in times when there was even less Kazakh sounding last names on the roster, so there goes your fun theory.

Last edited:

c9gunner

Dec 24, 2011
This is just plain dumb lol.

That was a very different time. I'm talking about now. Yes in 1999 Kazakhsatn men's team lost to Russia 14-1 and one year earlier, in 1998 World Juniors Kazakhstan beat Canada 6-3

Jakk123

May 6, 2014
Bratislava
Kazakhstan is a team you should be beating by at least double digits. Concerning for Slovakia to say the least.

What? Even last year no one beat them by double digits (except for Slovakia lol). I think people like you should stop living in the past. That being said, I do agree that this performance was horrendous.

Jakk123

May 6, 2014
Bratislava
Germans are currently playing pretty equally against USA. Your team just played like absolute ass against Kazakhstan. And yet you are so deep in denial that you can't even register that properly. Because hur dur Slovakia is as good as Germany and whatnot.

Or maybe you just didn't see the game at all.

I don't even know what are you trying to say anymore. Who said Slovakia is as good as Germany?

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I don't even know what are you trying to say anymore. Who said Slovakia is as good as Germany?
The other poster said Slovakia - Germany relegation round would be interesting. That implies these teams are somewhat worthy opponents.

Jakk123

May 6, 2014
Bratislava
The other poster said Slovakia - Germany relegation round would be interesting. That implies these teams are somewhat worthy opponents.

First of all, since when is being as good as Germany equal to being a somewhat worthy opponent? Are you trying to say it's a given that Germany would just walk through Slovakia or Kazakhstan in the relegation series? Because I don't really think so. Of course, they would clearly be the favorites, but that doesn't mean they are guaranteed to win.

Also, I don't really understand your sentiment towards Slovaks in this thread. There was one poster who said he doesn't think Slovakia is going to get relegated anytime soon. Since then, you are acting like 99% of Slovak fans are living in denial. And for the record, I disagree with that statement about Slovakia not getting relegated, we could've easily gotten relegated this year and next year could also be very dangerous.

c9gunner

Dec 24, 2011
That implies.

The only thing it implies is that Germany could finish 5th in group B and Slovakia could finish 5th in group A. The funny thing about group B is that any team could finish 5th (Mathematically - 1 win is not a guarantee to advance and it would be really interesting if Russia wins tomorrow) In Group A the last team is Kazakhstan and it will be relegated. If Slovakia lost today, it would be relegated as well. I just don't see either Kazakhstan or Slovakia winning the relegation against any team from group B.

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
Did you watch both today's games? Germany played at par with the USA and Slovakia -Kazakhstan was a complete joke.

I've seen many tournaments where a top nation lost to an underdog early in the tournament only to later medal. I am not implying Slovakia will be medaling here, but you get the jist, or maybe you don't.

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
Alright, I was implying something completely else. A team's past performance is just a past performance. It may have no impact on a future game against a different opponent, let alone on a hypothetical game. Being sure how a hypothetical game would play out and trashing one team not worthy of the other based on one game is just trolling. Even more so when prior head to head matchups over over any period say otherwise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad