GDT: Game 5: Flames @ Stars 3:30 MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
That goal doesn't even happen if Hanifin doesn't handle a routine pass like a grenade, lose a board battle, luck into getting the puck back anyway, and then flip it to Klingberg.

You can't coach players not to make basic mistakes like that. That's on the players

His Hockey IQ is sooooooo bad, I've been saying for 2 years now that he doesn't get the basics and because of that I don't see him ever reaching much more than he is now.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Our forwards were all skating away from the puck as we were trying to get the puck out. I'd prefer to see at least some level of puck support to try to safely work the puck out.
I mean, once the Stars were established in the zone, the forwards played it poorly. But that goal is all on Hanifin for turning in a nothing event into a goal scoring opportunity.

Flip the puck into the jumbotron if you have to but that's 3 amateur errors in the span of 10 seconds that you shouldn't ever see in the first 5 minutes of a decisive 3rd period.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
At least we’ve flipped the script a little bit. Nice to get most of the o-zone time. Gotta score though.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I would also say "you can't coach players not to make basic mistakes" is actually slightly incorrect. The whole point of a coaching system is to make good plays (in the opinion of the coach) automatic for the players. With a strong system in place, Hanifin isn't trying to decide what to do with the puck on any of those, because he already knows the right play as per the system.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Giordano... go f*** yourself

Id honestly just wouldn’t care if he got stripped of the c... I just wouldn’t even at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad