Weegartown
200.webp

Last edited:
Reactions: Mobiandi

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I posted this in another thread but felt like it may be relevant here. I think everyone is aware of Gaudreau's avoidance of contact, especially in the last handful of games. I think there is a reason for that, and I suspect there are positive signs for him moving forward:

Gaudreau was actually taking hits to make plays in the first 2-3 games vs Winnipeg, not really shying away at all. But since then you can actively see him avoiding contact. He's taken 10 hits so far through the playoffs, 9 of which came in the first 3 games vs Winnipeg. He then went 4 consecutive games without taking a hit:

Gaudreau hits taken by game:
gm1 - 4
gm2 - 3
gm3 - 2
gm4 - 0
gm5 - 0
gm6 - 0
gm7 - 0
gm8 - 1

Last game was the first hit he's taken since game 3 vs Winnipeg, but he also started to look more confident again. I suspect he was injured on one of those hits vs the Jets and has been playing through a hurt wrist or shoulder, which would explain his desire to avoid contact. Hopefully his play last game is a sign that it's started to mend.

Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary
I posted this in another thread but felt like it may be relevant here. I think everyone is aware of Gaudreau's avoidance of contact, especially in the last handful of games. I think there is a reason for that, and I suspect there are positive signs for him moving forward:

Gaudreau was actually taking hits to make plays in the first 2-3 games vs Winnipeg, not really shying away at all. But since then you can actively see him avoiding contact. He's taken 10 hits so far through the playoffs, 9 of which came in the first 3 games vs Winnipeg. He then went 4 consecutive games without taking a hit:

Gaudreau hits taken by game:
gm1 - 4
gm2 - 3
gm3 - 2
gm4 - 0
gm5 - 0
gm6 - 0
gm7 - 0
gm8 - 1

Last game was the first hit he's taken since game 3 vs Winnipeg, but he also started to look more confident again. I suspect he was injured on one of those hits vs the Jets and has been playing through a hurt wrist or shoulder, which would explain his desire to avoid contact. Hopefully his play last game is a sign that it's started to mend.

I think he just doesn't like to get hit since he's so small.

Must win today. They played a good first half of last game until they got into penalty trouble. Really hoping Chucky is back.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I think he just doesn't like to get hit since he's so small.

Yeah, but it hasn't been a problem so much in the past. He had no issues taking hits in the first few games vs Winnipeg, and historically he's always been a player who loved playing in the high traffic areas.
Would be great if they could put a guy like Bennett on his line, Sammie has always been very protective of Gaudreau.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
As expected the projected lines are the same as they've been all series, very bold.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Gaudreau had a better game last game....maybe he breaks through. But not with Monahan passing like me out there.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
If the Flames want to win this one, barring another outstanding game saving performance by Talbot, the Flames have to be much, much better.... and I'm not just talking about the Flames d-men.
In the last game the Stars had 108 shots directed at Talbot and 62 SOG. It was like a carnival shooting gallery out there. The Flames made 60 shot attempts and had 40 SOG
This is not an anomaly in this series. In the previous game the Stars had 76 shot attempts which resulted in 35 SOG. The Flames had 37 shot attempts resulting in 23 SOG.
If this doesn't change the Flames will be all watching the balance of the playoffs from their homes.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Talk about lines all we want

but we need the D to play better, and we need the coaches to get the team playing a more aggressive, active game.

Get back to the quick passing that looked so good in the first period of game 4. Don't give Dallas time to clog up the lanes. Helps both offensively and defensively.

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
Sorry gang, can't join you tonight.
Game starts 5:30 pm est. My work shift starts at 5:30 pm est.
I'll be listening on the NHL app.

As for the game tonight, we need a relentless forecheck. That's what Dallas is doing, it's causing penalties and countless turnovers in our own zone.
We can't rely on short handed goals every game, as much as I love them.

Puck possession, penalties are the keys moving forward.

I'm sitting here devouring two bowls of Lucky Charms before the game, so hopefully I'll send some luck the Flames way.
Go Flames!

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Tkachuk is day to day every day. Not feeling confident about him being back at all this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad