GDT: Game 5: Flames @ Stars 3:30 MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Actually no change in the 5v5 shots, but felt a lot better that's for sure. Shot attempts have to be way down, no?
To me, it looked like we missed a lot of shot attempts or had them blocked. We generated a lot of dangerous situations that didn't end up with a shot.

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Getting outshot 2:1 again and aren't hard enough on the puck. Easy takeaways and brutal entries. Disappointing obviously. We shouldn't lose a playoff series to Anton Khudobin. I'm aware of his reg season save pct, but he's not great and looks iffy w his rebound control at best. We just don't make them pay at all. Without a 30% pp this would be done. Could be in 3.5 more periods as is. Need to see some desperation. I've been against a "blow up" for awhile. My tune has changed.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
That goal doesn't even happen if Hanifin doesn't handle a routine pass like a grenade, lose a board battle, luck into getting the puck back anyway, and then flip it to Klingberg.

You can't coach players not to make basic mistakes like that. That's on the players

Our forwards were all skating away from the puck as we were trying to get the puck out. I'd prefer to see at least some level of puck support to try to safely work the puck out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig