GDT: Game 5: Flames @ Stars 3:30 MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I disagree, personally. I think just about everyone on our roster is currently playing below where they would expect in terms of their track record of performance.
Regular season? Sure.
In the playoffs? This is kind of par for the course. I would be surprised if Gaudreau, Monahan, and Tkachuk have more than 2 ES goals between them stretching back to the 2017 Ducks series.

Our depth forwards have always done their job in the playoffs in my opinion.
Watching them play, I really think the pitfalls of this team are systematic. I think they spend too much time trying to figure out the right play and they get run over and look bad because the other team knows where to go and what to do most of the time.
I disagree here as well. I think they know now what they have to do but just can't. I see a team that's much more tired than Dallas and is playing nervously out of that

Last edited:

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Whatever happens, I just hope we don't expose
Ward and Huska need to be let go, Monahan needs to be moved (hell just split him apart from 13), Gio needs to get his minutes cut, Forbort can leave. Please for the love of god Brad go after one of the three big ticket coaches available. Heart wants me to hope for a win on Thursday but the head says we're gonna get blown out.

I wish today was the blowout, at least then the team might have responded well in game 6. Instead they're going to go in thinking nothing needs to change because of the score.

Reactions: FlamerForLife

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
This game was good all around in my opinion. Flames started off rusty, then after the first 10 minutes plaed good hockey until a third period breakdown, and played well after that. The Stars were good at taking advantage of Flames breakdowns today, Dube on the first goal was especially rough, and they continued to abuse the fact that the Flames wingers collapse to the middle. For a team that uses their d-men alot, we can't give them so much space on the line.

I like Ward and he is doing everything in his power to win this series. He puts Lindholm on the second line and they generate chances, yet Rieder on the top line contributes to the GWG (and a missed one timer in back to back games that could've won/caused a tie). He sees Dube is playing well so he puts him on 4v4, yet he tries to do too much/loses a handle and there's the first goal. Flames just need to be sharper off the hop. Turnovers led to penalties (Giordano's momentum killer). Andersson is a big culprit of this, he and Hanifin got caught playing catch but played it to each others backhanded on the 2nd goal for the Stars, and he in general always seemed gassed in the 1st. Oh well. I feel like we could see the team come out tomorrow well. Backlund and Lindholm was great today, if Mangiapane is there to bury some of those chances on Thursday the Flames are looking good going forward.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
We're in the worst timeline.

Nah.

Oilers still lost in the qualifiers to a 12 seed and then lost the draft lotto.

Sam Bennett is getting real icetime as a center.

All is well.

Let's be real, the Flames are playing like crap, sure, but at least we get to watch them in actual playoff games. The Oilers, Leafs, Senators, and Jets can't say the same about their teams. Neither can the Ducks, Sharks, or Kings.

And maybe next year, Valimaki and Kylington get the opportunities to be important pieces for this group. I hope Phillips and Zavgorodniy do too.

One way or another, there will be changes, and it might be time to re-tool. But we know who will always show up when the games matter. Brodie. Bennett. And I think Backlund has put himself in the conversation.

Let's hope the Flames play their best game of the season in game 6, and we get a game 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad