Goal-Day Thread Game 5: Everything is Missing: AZ at MIN - 5PM - NBCSN

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Chayka has done exactly what he set out to do. And it has been done fairly on schedule. Not Strome's fault that he isn't Eichel or McDavid.

Our AHL team is no longer a question mark as we get players who can continue to come up through. Last I checked, we were still a top team in possession, shot differential, and all of the major drivers that lead to success. Just because we haven't notched Ws in bunches doesn't mean that the direction of the team isn't in its right place.

I don't see how we could justify getting rid of Chayka. Coaching is a different story, and I do think that Tocchet needs to be a little bit of a dick to players sometimes. Players get motivated differently and as much as people disliked Tippett's style, I also think that it made players fight for something and battle a little bit harder when there was more inherent danger of being sat. I don't see that urgency quite there all the time, but maybe that is carrying from coach to player and Tocchet isn't an urgent type of guy.

knich

Jan 3, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
I don't think Tocchet is the coach for this team. I definitely know that MaClean sucks ass

Chayka has done exactly what he set out to do. And it has been done fairly on schedule. Not Strome's fault that he isn't Eichel or McDavid.

Our AHL team is no longer a question mark as we get players who can continue to come up through. Last I checked, we were still a top team in possession, shot differential, and all of the major drivers that lead to success. Just because we haven't notched Ws in bunches doesn't mean that the direction of the team isn't in its right place.

I don't see how we could justify getting rid of Chayka. Coaching is a different story, and I do think that Tocchet needs to be a little bit of a dick to players sometimes. Players get motivated differently and as much as people disliked Tippett's style, I also think that it made players fight for something and battle a little bit harder when there was more inherent danger of being sat. I don't see that urgency quite there all the time, but maybe that is carrying from coach to player and Tocchet isn't an urgent type of guy.

If you listened to pre-game interview, Keller said RT is hard on them. I have no doubt RT is hard on them..that is who RT was as a player and I am sure as a coach. That said, he is trying to keep up their morale. I still feel RT is the right guy. The team looks IMO 10x bettter than it looked at the beginning of last season. The problem is, as two former Coyotes said in the pre-game, we don't have enough skill. If we had more skill, we would see much better results. RT is doing all he can with the personnel he has. And he has said he didn't want to make drastic line changes likely because IMO he was expecting Galy and Dvo to be back sooner than they have. That said, I expect drastic line changes next game. For some of you, sounds like you long for NOT Nelson or Beudreau (Minn had only won 1 game before tonight too and couldn't score) but for Tippett. I don't think we want to go backwards. We just need to add some skill...and quickly or this season is done in a few games.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Sloppy game. Goligoski is weak and soft. Demers is lazy and apathetic. OEL is asleep. Our vets are absolutely a problem. They are all about to take off the first 20 games of the season AGAIN.

Both teams were sloppy. Hard game to watch. Wild had an excuse. Only had 10 forwards and they all played last night. What’s our problem?

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Tocc is starting to crack, his post-game was just pure frustration. He was internally screaming :laugh:

Reactions: Mosby

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
The coach is not the problem, because everything else than goal scoring is good.
We don't allow much shots on our goal (except this time), have a good pk, we have the most shots on goal.
The guys just need one big win and they will bounce back. Hopefully Alex gets better soon, so he can help scoring.

Last edited:

OriginalJetsCoyotes

Mar 7, 2016
Hanmer, Ontario
As much as I'd like to see us score some goals, I'm not sure I want Galchenyuk back. I'd rather not rush him and if he we can't score goals without him I don't see him completely changing our offense. We're going to be in big trouble soon with or without him.

That being said, if we can throw a few win streaks together throughout that season this is easily fixable. Even if we go 1-8. Lots of teams have made miraculous season turnarounds after people thought they were out of it and still made the playoffs. That's my hope right now. We need to start scoring before Galchenyuk comes back.

Reactions: MIG

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
This is not a surprise to me at all . This team is full of perimeter pillow punchers. You saw Perlini actually try tonight and he's a big body that can go to the net but generally he's a pretty soft player. A good budding player but soft.
This is not RT's fault. Chyka put together this team. Watch NHL games , most goals are scored by guys being or going to the net. Whacking, battling, deflecting shots getting rebound. The coyotes are the worst ever that I've seen for this.

They remind me a lot of how the Oilers have constructed teams. Lots of first round soft type talent. Nugent-Hopkins snowflakes.

It's going to be a long year. They will start scoring goals. Interesting that Alex is waiting to come in to play. Another floater who can score. Who did we trade him for? one of our only gritty/talented guys Domi.
Lastly how does anyone know McLean is a lousy assistant? Why are people wanting an assistant fired? Baffling. He's the least of any of our issues.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
As much as I'd like to see us score some goals, I'm not sure I want Galchenyuk back. I'd rather not rush him and if he we can't score goals without him I don't see him completely changing our offense. We're going to be in big trouble soon with or without him.

That being said, if we can throw a few win streaks together throughout that season this is easily fixable. Even if we go 1-8. Lots of teams have made miraculous season turnarounds after people thought they were out of it and still made the playoffs. That's my hope right now. We need to start scoring before Galchenyuk comes back.
Who said we are rushing him? RT said they won't.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
This is not a surprise to me at all . This team is full of perimeter pillow punchers. You saw Perlini actually try tonight and he's a big body that can go to the net but generally he's a pretty soft player. A good budding player but soft.
This is not RT's fault. Chyka put together this team. Watch NHL games , most goals are scored by guys being or going to the net. Whacking, battling, deflecting shots getting rebound. The coyotes are the worst ever that I've seen for this.

They remind me a lot of how the Oilers have constructed teams. Lots of first round soft type talent. Nugent-Hopkins snowflakes.

It's going to be a long year. They will start scoring goals. Interesting that Alex is waiting to come in to play. Another floater who can score. Who did we trade him for? one of our only gritty/talented guys Domi.
Lastly how does anyone know McLean is a lousy assistant? Why are people wanting an assistant fired? Baffling. He's the least of any of our issues.
We have very little net presence. We have Fischer and Crouse that can do the job. but either aren't given the opportunity, like Crouse, or not doing it on a consistent basis, like Fischer. This team was soft last year and we are again this year. The score was closer than what it should have been as the Wild missed many opened nets. RT has finally started to play Stepan much less which should have happen a long time ago. Every C was killing it in the dot, except Stepan, who was 35%. Demote him to the third line when Chucky gets back. Like RT said you sometimes have to will yourself to a W, and he is correct, but so far no one has.

Reactions: Pomee and knich

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I swear we'd have 10 more shots if the Dmen would aim a little lower for redirects. You're not gonna snipe it from 35 feet.
Our D gets a lot of their shots blocked. We have not adjusted as this has happened all year.

CNYCrunchfan1

Oct 10, 2017
We were sold that this team was stockpiling young talent...well that talent isn't that talented. Were soft and lacking natural scoring skills (NHL level at least). Not much you can do now, it was built wrong.

They will have spurts where they play well eventually but this team is at least 3 or 4 players away from playoffs. It will be another long year, and probably next. I've heard over 20 years of excuses and one good run. Im done accepting excuses.

Reactions: knich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad