Goal-Day Thread Game 5: Everything is Missing: AZ at MIN - 5PM - NBCSN

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Hey RT, let's get on that proposal for Ritchie, we need someone to smash the other team that's better than a 13th forward and can actually screen a goalie.

Edit: you're in charge of that right?

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Cousins played well. Perlini finally played well. Our first two lines otherwise look bleh. Strome needs a testosterone injection to gain some strength and some meanness.

They are trying to get Tocchet and Chayka fired before the All Star Game.

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
I really don’t think you guys are a “joke”.

You just desperately need Galchenyuk and Dvorak back.

Defensively you aren’t bad at all. And your team is clearly working hard.
There’s just a very evident lack of offensive skill. The injured will really help when they return. Will they turn you into strong contenders? No. But they’ll help put guys in place and get you on the score sheet more.

Just my thoughts.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
I don't think Tocchet is the coach for this team. I definitely know that MaClean sucks ass

He's running an offensive system catered for his former team. This kinda shit works when you have Crosby, Malkin and Kessel. We don't have anything remotely close to even one of those players.

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I'd love for an injection of ownership cash to replace him with Boudreau (believe he's on a short leash in Minny). I know Boudreau doesn't have the playoff results, but he does have playoffs.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Teams are playing Keller physical and taking him off his game that way. If he wants to be the second coming of Patrick Kane, he has to be able to maneuver his way in and out of space better. Doesn't help that he is the only threatening playmaker on our offense right now.

Finally saw a defenseman drag the puck to change the shot angle properly. Our D can't get pucks to the net consistently. I lost count after about the 4th shot from the point got blocked in about the mid-2nd period. Can't have that.

We aren't passive on offense, but we aren't dangerous either. We are not forcing teams to spread themselves with our play. One of the post-game reporters was spot on in describing our offense - going through the motions and lacking that aggressiveness to set the tone for our offense.

We are doing everything that needs to be done to win games. We just haven't gotten the Ws.

Reactions: Jakey53 and RemoAZ

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I want Chayka gone, too. It's his job to put good players on the ice, and he (and we as well) certainly overvalue Fischer, Perlini, Keller, Chychrun, Crouse, and Strome.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Next up, a team that hasn't scored less than 3 goals in regulation. Bright side is that they've gone to OT every game. Maybe we get a loser point. Yeah, I thought not.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I don't think Tocchet is the coach for this team. I definitely know that MaClean sucks ass

Is it too late to push for Todd Nelson again? Better late than never.

Galchenyuk couldn’t be back any sooner.

Time to move Stepan down to the bottom six. When the guy isn’t scoring he’s useless.

Yeah, I still dislike Stepan. Would bringing some less heralded but cheaper to acquire center in have been all that different?

I'm not sure I keep watching this team. I know it's early, but this just painful to watch.
Yeah, sadly I think I'm there already too. On the bright side I don't have tickets to go a game until December, so maybe we'll be better than the current "clockwork orange video torture" level of bad by then.

If our only hope is really getting back Chucky, Dvo, and Chychrun, then we might be in for a long season. Chucky was impressive in the preseason, but we don't know if he's a top 6 c, or a c at all. Hell it could even be that Montreal was right and he's a lazy, defensively irresponsible headcase. Dvorak has shown a lot of promise but would you say he's solidified as a top 6 player already? Maybe. And he seems to have a major injury, and just recently had a setback. When is he even going to be available? Chychrun is awesome, and as much as I like him so far he's a top 4 dman who has had two major knee surgeries and a major shoulder surgery before he's of drinking age.

So we're 1 and 4, have scored 3 goals in 5 games, and our big reinforcements are a maybe top 6 center (who might be a winger, and might be lazy and poor defensively), a maybe 2nd line center (who appears to have a serious injury, and may not be back all that soon), and a top 4 dman (who may have no healthy limbs left). Yikes. Hopefully it's a coaching or confidence problem and the whole group turns the corner, because it's not like we're waiting on McDavid Crosby and Karlsson to return.

End reactionary mega negative post game rant.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
On a night McDavid single handily wins the Oilers another game the Coyotes yearn for a true offensive talent. Keller cant do it by himself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad